blockhead

I-751 December 2014 Filers

846 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys I have a random question. Someone told me that USCIS looks into the applicants facebook and other online sources when investigating the case.

Is this true?

We have nothing to hide in our facebook but it's kind of creepy to think they would be looking to our profiles.

Have you heard anything about this?

In 2012 when I went for my K-1 interview at Mumbai consulate, the interviewer opened my facebook profile and asked me why she's not able to view my relationship status. I was like wow, well i told her it's hidden only my friends are able to view it. So, basically they do check facey profiles etc.

Removal Of Conditions

02/17/2015 - I-751 package sent to USCIS California Center via USPS

02/19/2015 - NOA issued

03/17/2015 - Biometrics

08/24/2015 - New GC produced

09/04/2015 - 10 Year GC in HAND (199th DAY)

Naturalization N 400

03/07/2016 - N 400 package sent to USCIS Phoenix, AZ Lockbox via USPS

03/15/2016 - NOA issued

04/04/2016 - Biometrics

07/20/2016 - Interview for Naturalization

08/25/2016 - Oath Ceremony (I'm a CITIZEN of United States)

"Though patience be a jaded mare, yet she will plod" - Sir William Shakespeare

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

USCIS just update the website and now they have written under Processing time information :-

I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence Removal of lawful permanent resident conditions (spouses of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents 6 Months

For California service center -------as per April 13 -2015

Edited by sobitdecember

In 2012 when I went for my K-1 interview at Mumbai consulate, the interviewer opened my facebook profile and asked me why she's not able to view my relationship status. I was like wow, well i told her it's hidden only my friends are able to view it. So, basically they do check facey profiles etc.

Thanks for replying! I can't believe the interviewer did that!

Any update for December filers? BUMP this thread.

Nothing... waiting... 6 to 7 months it takes in average.

Any updates on your case ?

We arrived around 1030 and were waiting till noon when IO called our number and told us we will be interviewed separately, first me then my wife (US citizen).

• - rise right hand and say I swear...
  • name and dod
  • phone num
  • wife`s name and dob
  • her num - of course i didnt know her number nor she knew mine lol
  • address
  • where do i work/where does she work, what hours
  • model, year and color of my/her car
  • who is our insurance agency for car
  • who pays bills
  • do we have cable
  • date of marriage
  • what is major intersection close to our appt
  • do we have checking. do we have direct dep or checks
  • did we have vacation together
  • what is our old address
  • how many times i visited my country and why she didnt go w me
  • maybe few more questions but i dont remember.

IO officer was extremely nice and polite.

it took like 30 min then IO walked me out and took my wife. She was asked same questions.

We missed only one answer.

Waiting for final decision.

Filed: Timeline

I have a question about moving, we just sold our house, and it will be closed on Friday. At the same time, we bought a new house as well, and new house will be close on May 6. There are about 2 weeks gap that we will stay with my father in law.

My questions are:

1.Should I change my address to my new house, or should I change my address to father in law's? When should I change it?

2. Does changing address will slow down i-751 process?

Filed: Timeline

I just did last night, and was confused with the i751 receipt number.

I used the receipt number on NOA extension letter. But receipt number on biometrics appointment is for status checking online.

Do you guys use have the same situation for checking your i-751 status? or just me use NOA2(biometrics appt receipt no.) ?

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I just did last night, and was confused with the i751 receipt number.

I used the receipt number on NOA extension letter. But receipt number on biometrics appointment is for status checking online.

Do you guys use have the same situation for checking your i-751 status? or just me use NOA2(biometrics appt receipt no.) ?

Thanks

you can use Biometric receipt number for Checking the status online .

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I have seen December filed case approved yesterday on another forum with the following dates:

Filed at CSC on 12/08/2014, NOA 12/14/2014, approved 04/28/2014.

I am a late December filers myself but added myself to January files since I filed from outside USA and got NOA in January.

Good luck to all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

time for December filers now ...good luck to all .

You guys at CSC are soo lucky. I am a November filer at VSC and still waiting. The majority of November filers at CSC have been approved already while the majority of us at VSC are still waiting.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

You guys at CSC are soo lucky. I am a November filer at VSC and still waiting. The majority of November filers at CSC have been approved already while the majority of us at VSC are still waiting.

Moemac: its time for one of us to send donuts and coffee to those guys at vsc. Looks like you are the closest to them...may be you can carry it to them. :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.