Fave

Checklist with Case Complete????

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have been facing serious problems with my attorney attitude. Now me and my wife are trying to do everything our own, instead of relying on him anymore.

On monday we received another checklist saying the following:

The NVC recently completed our review of your visa case. While you meet the minimum qualifications for a visa interview to be scheduled your Affidavit of Support contained one or more sections with missing or incorrect information. Please review the additional instructions below then complete a new Affidavit of Support. (You can download the I-864 form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.) Once you have completed the new Affidavit of Support, please provide it to the principal applicant to bring to his or her visa interview. Do not submit your new Affidavit of Support to the NVC, as doing so will reopen your case and cause processing delays.

You should send any of the missing items to XXXXXXXXXXXX so he or she can take them to the visa interview. The Consular Officer will review the missing items at the time of the interview. Please pay special attention to any items related to the Affidavit of Support form. If the checklist shows any problems with the form, you should complete a new form and send it to XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

I would like to know if anyone faced this type of checklist yet? What this mail mean? Does this mean case complete? Or not yet because of the checklist?? Is this checklist going to delay tot schedule the interview??

I am asking so because the case status in the CEAC website didn't update to "ready" as we expected.

Hi everyone,

I have been facing serious problems with my attorney attitude. Now me and my wife are trying to do everything our own, instead of relying on him anymore.

On monday we received another checklist saying the following:

The NVC recently completed our review of your visa case. While you meet the minimum qualifications for a visa interview to be scheduled your Affidavit of Support contained one or more sections with missing or incorrect information. Please review the additional instructions below then complete a new Affidavit of Support. (You can download the I-864 form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.) Once you have completed the new Affidavit of Support, please provide it to the principal applicant to bring to his or her visa interview. Do not submit your new Affidavit of Support to the NVC, as doing so will reopen your case and cause processing delays.

You should send any of the missing items to XXXXXXXXXXXX so he or she can take them to the visa interview. The Consular Officer will review the missing items at the time of the interview. Please pay special attention to any items related to the Affidavit of Support form. If the checklist shows any problems with the form, you should complete a new form and send it to XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

I would like to know if anyone faced this type of checklist yet? What this mail mean? Does this mean case complete? Or not yet because of the checklist?? Is this checklist going to delay tot schedule the interview??

I am asking so because the case status in the CEAC website didn't update to "ready" as we expected.

I have a question what part in ceac site you could see that "ready"?

Timeline

Do u have schedule for interview?

Not yet, we still waiting for it once that is written in the letter that they will. But i dunnot know how long it may take.

I have never seen this but if you call they can explain it to you.

Already did, they just said that the case is moving forward. Does that mean case complete?

I have a question what part in ceac site you could see that "ready"?

That's where I am talking about:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

The case is complete.. The I-864 needs to be revised and fixed and brought to interview.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I'm pretty sure that they are saying that you have to take your checklist and bring to the interview. I heard about some cases that you can take the checklist with you on the day of your interview but call the NVC to be sure!

Timeline

thank you all for the responses.

@ViviandJustin Yeah that was explicit written in the checklist.

What is making me really confused/worried right now, is that the case status did not change to ready.

status will be change to Ready if you will receive your interview letter and wait for a few days to shipped your documents to your consulate/embassy

thank you all for the responses.

@ViviandJustin Yeah that was explicit written in the checklist.

What is making me really confused/worried right now, is that the case status did not change to ready.

As above, your case status will remain "at NVC" until after you have an interview schedule and the case is at the embassy or consulate.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.