Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2013

418 posts in this topic

Hello

i got confused

my AOF has been sent today by my sponsors ( mother-in-law and father -in-law) with all + documents which needs to be sent with AOF package.

my question is, does my husband also need to fill and send AOF ? or AOF sent by sponsors is enough ?

By AOF, do you mean AOS? Affidavit of Support? If so, yes, the petitioner needs to send his own I-864 and documents, whether he has income or not. It's still required.

[...]

Saylin, what is the difference between AOS and IV? I've seen the terms, but don't know what the difference actually is. Can you explain? I was under the understanding that I had to provide an Affidavit of Support (AOS) to prove that I can financially support hubby when he arrives....so, I'm not sure what the IV is also for or if it's not necessary as well?

AOS = Affidavit of Support

It's a package dealing with if the petitioner can financially support the beneficiary. The form and documents are done and gathered by the petitioner.

IV = Immigrant Visa

It's a package dealing with if the beneficiary is eligible to immigrate to the US. The form and documents are done and gathered by the beneficiary.

Everything you need to know about what forms and documents are needed for each package can be found in the first two posts.

Hey Saylin & Guys !

I have one more question related to the NVC Process. Recently got my case no ( 26/09/2013).

I am the beneficiary of F2A my wife is LPR and she file I-130 for me. Last night i received my case no.

what is the next step and what documents I have to prepared to submission to NVC.

Thanks in advance

JAi

Please read posts 1 and 2. Everything you need to know about the NVC process is there.

Air Force Wife, I don't "tag" anyone. By simply commenting yourself, you sign up to "follow" the thread. If you're not getting email notifications, this is due to your settings, nothing that the site is doing (or not doing). Go find the email notification settings and check them off so you're getting them.

Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

Saylin

Thank you

yes i mean AOS

well my sponsors already send their documents ( my sponsors are in USA and my husband/petitioner and i we both live in other country ) so i will ask him to fill it and send too then.

is it ok if my husband / petitioner will send his AOS with my IV package ?

and he is working here in country ( Republic of Georgia) and has income so he should get documents from bank here or still needs to get bank documents and tax record from USA ? ( he has been living in my country 2 years )

Edited by DanielandNina

Saylin

Thank you

yes i mean AOS

well my sponsors already send their documents ( my sponsors are in USA and my husband/petitioner and i we both live in other country ) so i will ask him to fill it and send too then.

is it ok if my husband / petitioner will send his AOS with my IV package ?

and he is working here in country ( Republic of Georgia) and has income so he should get documents from bank here or still needs to get bank documents and tax record from USA ? ( he has been living in my country 2 years )

You can send the AOS and IV packages together in one big envelope, but I'd suggest putting them in their own manila envelopes and clearly label them.

If the petitioner is living outside of the US, they're also going to need to include domicile proof. You can see this in the FAQ with a bunch of suggestions. If you have sponsors that can support all of you, he doesn't need to supply any income documentation. Only US tax information.

Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

Saylin

Thank you so much

yes i do have two sponsors USA citizens who already sent AOS package yesterday.

he will just fill that AOS application and add this US tax information ( i hope we will get it here somehow ) and send it together

thank you one more time your answers were super helpful for me

we al almost "there" and cant wait to finish all those process as soon as possible smile.png

Edited by DanielandNina

Saylin

Thank you so much

yes i do have two sponsors USA citizens who already sent AOS package yesterday.

he will just fill that AOS application and add this US tax information ( i hope we will get it here somehow ) and send it together

thank you one more time your answers were super helpful for me

we al almost "there" and cant wait to finish all those process as soon as possible smile.png

You're welcome. Make sure you read up on the US domicile issue for the petitioner's AOS package.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

This is my first post, so please excuse me if I'm not doing it in the right place!!

A quick timeline: We paid our AOS and IV fees on July 20th, received DS-260 receipts on August 26th, and got a checklist on August 26th.

Our checklist was 2 things: not submitting my husband's business license in our I-864 package (he's self-employed), and reporting the wrong income amount (I'm still confused about "total adjusted gross income" vs "total gross income" -- the language is so hard to understand!!). Regardless, our lawyers (don't even get me started on lawyers!) mailed the revised I-864 package on August 27th.

September 24th, we got a new checklist from the NVC. For the same thing as August. The lawyers called and were told to wait until October 11th ("30 business days" from submission) before calling again. I called today and was told that they have not received anything for our checklist.

This is driving me crazy!!!

So here's my question - can we resubmit our I-864 package by email? Or is it worth mailing another package? Or should we just wait until October 11th (which will be 30 business days / 6 weeks)? Is there any harm/good in e-mailing the nvcinquiry@state.gov address with a scanned copy of our I-864?

This is probably not the right place to ask these questions, but I am so encouraged to read about other people getting their much-waited-for "Case Completes"!!! Thank you all for sharing your updates with the world :)

guys please help me with this. I paid my AOS fee, and now it shows that it;s paid, I read on some posts that I need to print a barcoded sheet, but the only thing I get is my receipt that I paid. How do I obtain that bar coded sheet, because I would like to send my package tomorrow (friday)??? Also, where do I obtain the mailing address????

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

guys please help me with this. I paid my AOS fee, and now it shows that it;s paid, I read on some posts that I need to print a barcoded sheet, but the only thing I get is my receipt that I paid. How do I obtain that bar coded sheet, because I would like to send my package tomorrow (friday)??? Also, where do I obtain the mailing address????

Have you received any emails from nvc? It should be attach to email from NVC as well. Good luck

USCIS Petition(s) Filed

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative (mother)

Date I-130 Sent : (2012-02-14)

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt)via email : (2012-02-21)

Date I-130 NOA1 (hard copy Receipt)via mail : (2012-02-28)

Date I-130 NOA2 (Receipt)via email : (2012-06-11)

Date I-130 NOA2 (hard copy Receipt)via mail : (2012-06-14)

Date Package Received By NVC : (2012-07-02)

ds3032(Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa Applicants): sent from mother's email address on 8/3/12. Approved on 8/10/12

AOS paid 8/5/12, IV paid 8/23/12.

ds230,i864ez,aos and iv receipt,documents(6 last pay stubs,job letter,beneficiary's birth certificate(certified and legalized),2 2x2 photos,police report(certified),w2 and transcripts from 2009-2011,copy of beneficiary passport.8/23/12

checklist received from NVC on 8/30/12- missing petioner's documents(marriage certificate,birth certificate,2011 transcript).

checklist sent to NVC by air on 9/1/12 to arrive on 9/4/12.

check list recieved on email 9/13/12 ( petioner INEXTENSA birth certificate and 2011 taxes transcript directly from IRS).

2011 taxes transcript (directly from IRS) sent on 9/12/12.Arrived 9/14/12

petioner birth certificate (INEXTENSA)sent on 9/13/12. Arrived 9/14/12

CASE COMPLETE 09/25/12

10/03/12 INTERVIEW assigned for 11/19/12 received letter via email later on in the day.

Medical done 11/06/12

Visa approved 11/19/12

VISA ON HAND 11/29/12 ( DELIVERED HOME)

POE 12/08/12- SAN JUAN,PUERTO RICO

F2A LPR petitioning for minor children

PD 8/5/13 , NOA2 8/27/13, CASE COMPLETE 3/5/14

well I solved the first problem, my computer was blocking pop ups and every time i clicked to print document cover sheet, it blocked it.

I assume I can send the AOS package separately from the IV package, since the latter one is not ready, right? Any mailing preferences usps or dhl/ups, etc.??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

well I solved the first problem, my computer was blocking pop ups and every time i clicked to print document cover sheet, it blocked it.

I assume I can send the AOS package separately from the IV package, since the latter one is not ready, right? Any mailing preferences usps or dhl/ups, etc.??

Yes, you can send them separate. As for the mailing preference I would choose the fastest method.

*USCIS:

01-11-13: I-130 sent

01-15-13: I-130 accepted/ receipt # assigned

01-22-13: NOA1 hard copy

05-20-13: I-130 interview assigned

07-18-13: I-130 interview

07-22-13: I-130 approved

07-27-13: NOA2 hard copy

*NVC:

07-30-13: NVC receives case / Case # assigned

08-04-13: DS-261 submitted

08-05-13: AOS fee invoiced / paid

08-26-13: IV fee invoiced /paid

09-05-13: DS-260 completed / IV Package emailed

09-09-13: AOS Package emailed

09-16-13 IV package received email generated

09-17-13 AOS package received email generated

09-30-13: AOS checklist email/ AOS checklist response email sent

10-04-13: NVC receives AOS checklist email

10-24-13: AOS checklist #2 email/ AOS checklist #2 response email sent

11-01-13 NVC receives AOS checklist email

11-29-13: Case Complete

12-06-13: Case Complete email

Hi guys,

This is my first post, so please excuse me if I'm not doing it in the right place!!

A quick timeline: We paid our AOS and IV fees on July 20th, received DS-260 receipts on August 26th, and got a checklist on August 26th.

Our checklist was 2 things: not submitting my husband's business license in our I-864 package (he's self-employed), and reporting the wrong income amount (I'm still confused about "total adjusted gross income" vs "total gross income" -- the language is so hard to understand!!). Regardless, our lawyers (don't even get me started on lawyers!) mailed the revised I-864 package on August 27th.

September 24th, we got a new checklist from the NVC. For the same thing as August. The lawyers called and were told to wait until October 11th ("30 business days" from submission) before calling again. I called today and was told that they have not received anything for our checklist.

This is driving me crazy!!!

So here's my question - can we resubmit our I-864 package by email? Or is it worth mailing another package? Or should we just wait until October 11th (which will be 30 business days / 6 weeks)? Is there any harm/good in e-mailing the nvcinquiry@state.gov address with a scanned copy of our I-864?

This is probably not the right place to ask these questions, but I am so encouraged to read about other people getting their much-waited-for "Case Completes"!!! Thank you all for sharing your updates with the world smile.png

Are you enrolled in the EP program? If you are, then yes, you can email the package again. If not, then no, you're not allowed to email packages.

Have you tried calling NVC yourself and asking what's up?

By AOF, do you mean AOS? Affidavit of Support? If so, yes, the petitioner needs to send his own I-864 and documents, whether he has income or not. It's still required.

AOS = Affidavit of Support

It's a package dealing with if the petitioner can financially support the beneficiary. The form and documents are done and gathered by the petitioner.

IV = Immigrant Visa

It's a package dealing with if the beneficiary is eligible to immigrate to the US. The form and documents are done and gathered by the beneficiary.

Everything you need to know about what forms and documents are needed for each package can be found in the first two posts.

Please read posts 1 and 2. Everything you need to know about the NVC process is there.

Thanks Saylin. I read the initial post, but I think I'm trying to absorb a lot of lingo and that didn't stick to the old brain. headbonk.gif

Tomorrow is my planned second call to NVC. Wish me luck! I'm not holding my breath, but will keep hopeful!

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Saylin, I started the i864 form today and have a few questions. Part 2 asks about principal immigrant- petitioner is petitioning for all 4 children and there is only space to answer one person. Do I just write n/a on part 2? And part 3 is asking about family members 1-5, petitioner children are all minors and have no dependents. Thanks for your help

USCIS Petition(s) Filed

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative (mother)

Date I-130 Sent : (2012-02-14)

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt)via email : (2012-02-21)

Date I-130 NOA1 (hard copy Receipt)via mail : (2012-02-28)

Date I-130 NOA2 (Receipt)via email : (2012-06-11)

Date I-130 NOA2 (hard copy Receipt)via mail : (2012-06-14)

Date Package Received By NVC : (2012-07-02)

ds3032(Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa Applicants): sent from mother's email address on 8/3/12. Approved on 8/10/12

AOS paid 8/5/12, IV paid 8/23/12.

ds230,i864ez,aos and iv receipt,documents(6 last pay stubs,job letter,beneficiary's birth certificate(certified and legalized),2 2x2 photos,police report(certified),w2 and transcripts from 2009-2011,copy of beneficiary passport.8/23/12

checklist received from NVC on 8/30/12- missing petioner's documents(marriage certificate,birth certificate,2011 transcript).

checklist sent to NVC by air on 9/1/12 to arrive on 9/4/12.

check list recieved on email 9/13/12 ( petioner INEXTENSA birth certificate and 2011 taxes transcript directly from IRS).

2011 taxes transcript (directly from IRS) sent on 9/12/12.Arrived 9/14/12

petioner birth certificate (INEXTENSA)sent on 9/13/12. Arrived 9/14/12

CASE COMPLETE 09/25/12

10/03/12 INTERVIEW assigned for 11/19/12 received letter via email later on in the day.

Medical done 11/06/12

Visa approved 11/19/12

VISA ON HAND 11/29/12 ( DELIVERED HOME)

POE 12/08/12- SAN JUAN,PUERTO RICO

F2A LPR petitioning for minor children

PD 8/5/13 , NOA2 8/27/13, CASE COMPLETE 3/5/14

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

@ Saylin

How are you ? what type of document I have to submit to NVC for IV packet. As i am the beneficiary of F2A and at present in INDIA.

and 2nd thing may i submit my all documents at the time of interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.