you&meforever

SEPT. 25, 2013 USEM INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sept. 25, 2013 USEM Interview Experience

*went there around 3AM ( you can come later than that but earlier than 6AM) and was done almost 11AM

1. Every applicant will be asked to fall in line (outside the building) according to their Visa category (each category has their own appointment time, k1 falls at 7:30 AM appointment time) and will be asked to enter the building one category at a time. For K1, when asked to enter the building in line, prepare these docs:
  • PASSPORT ( will be put inside a zip lock plastic, make sure the biographical page is visible)
  • APPOINTMENT LETTER*
  • DS Form 156*
  • DS Form 156k*
  • DS Form 157*

*all of these docs will be stapled together while the USEM employee is reminding you to double check your DS Forms to make sure you answered them all correctly leaving no blanks unanswered.

Note: DS Form 230 Part I was included on the Embassy instruction letter to fill up but on your interview, they won’t ask for it.

1. Upon entering the building, your bags and/or anything you carry with you will be asked to pass by an x ray machine (like the ones at airports) while a guard will do a frisking on you. Do not carry with you any kind of gadget, USB, pointed objects, pens with flashlights or any metallic object as much as possible. Umbrellas are allowed though.
  1. Inside the building, you will fall in line to a window where you will be given your Que number. Here, you will present the stapled docs and a copy of your Que number will be attached on them before they will be given back to you. Do not lose your Que number. .
  1. You will enter another door (main building) where your bags will be checked and another frisking.
  1. A USEM employee will ask all of the K1 applicants to show her their DS Forms and assist them on how to properly fill them up since they want to make sure that no item was left unanswered. They are very strict on it as you will be rescheduled if your docs reached the Filipino consul with some blank items on them. You have to be attentive on what she is saying and when you are done, she will double check it again then collect your docs and ask you to have a seat and wait for your Que number to flash on the monitor.

Note: Step 6 & 7 can interchange depending on what window you will be called with. I will base these two steps on my experience. Waiting is kinda lonnggggggggg……ZZZzzzzz if you can, have a heavy breakfast before attending the interview (your number will be called 3 times on the whole process, be attentive if you want to get processed without delays)

1. My number flashed on the monitor and was asked to go to Window 43 where a young guy asked me my DOB and Name and then took my finger prints. He then told me to go back to my seat and wait for my number to be called again..

(remember, each waiting period is long)

1. My number flashed again, was asked to go to Window 55 to have my initial interview with a Filipino Consul (friendly and the conversation was in Tagalog) where he asked for my PASSPORT, ITR 2013 with W2 2013 and FIANCE’S EMPLOYMENT LETTER. Questions asked:
  • How did we meet? When?
  • When did I last see him?
  • What is his job?
  • How old is he? How old am I?
  • I don’t think you will need an interpreter anymore.
  • Do you have some proof with you that you can show the American Consul like photos?

I said yes but he didn’t asked me to show him anymore, he just told me that my docs are ok and have to wait for my number to be called again.

Note: for those who will need an interpreter when having your interview with the American Consul, just tell the Filipino Consul as they will provide one for you.

1. I was called at Window 65 where a young American guy was the Consul. I can describe him as serious, not smiling and strict. The questions I will be writing on this part will include some from my own interview experience and from the other K1 applicants from my batch of interviewees on that day.
  • Tell me about your fiancé.
  • How did you meet?
  • When did you meet?
  • What is his job?
  • What did he finish in college?
  • From what school?
  • What is his name?
  • How old is he?
  • How old are you?
  • Where is he from?
  • What books does he like to read?
  • Do you have a common artist you both like?
  • How many cars does he own? What brand?
  • Is he divorced? Is the ex-wife American too?
  • What caused the divorced?
  • How many kids do they have?
  • What are their names?
  • What are your plans for the wedding?
  • How many times did he come to visit you?
  • What’s his favorite place in the Philippines?
  • How’s the weather in (whatever ever state your fiancé is from)
  • What do you most like about him?

Note: these questions may or may not be asked on you depending on whose Consul will be assigned to you.

Tips:

• Know anything and everything about your fiancé. (favorite color, likes, hobbies etc.)
  • Answer confidently. As much as possible, when answering, make an eye to eye contact with the Consul. Do not get rattled or nervous.
  • Smile at him/her even if he he/she looks serious.
  • Be specific with your answers. Do not say a lot if not needed, less talk, less mistakes. Just answer what is being asked.

As with my experience, I was just asked to present some photos to show evidences of my Fiancé’s visitation while other Consuls didn’t ask anything from the other applicants. As I said mine was strict and asked a lot of questions compared with the others, who only took them like 2-3mins at most. But I was relieved when he finally said; my visa is approved and I just wait to be called again.

1. Those who were done with the American Consul will be called either at Window 71 or 72. Here, you will be advised to go home and wait for your visa or may ask you to go to Window 69 (2GO) for your preferred delivery/pick up address. Sometimes, they will ask you again some questions but don't worry, they are just doing some confirmations about you and not as serious as the American Consul. However, if in case USEM still have some concerns on your docs, you will be asked to submit them by sending them to your nearest 2GO branch in order to process your visa. Other applicants were asked to go to Window 70 to learn more about their needed docs to submit.

Notes:

*Applicants who didn’t meet the required poverty guidelines were given 221g asking them to provide additional Evidence of Support docs to process their Visa and to avoid getting denied for being a Public Charge in the US.

Good luck!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

my apology for multiple posting, my connection was reset and i didn't know that my topic was posted more than it's supposed to. i don't know how to delete the other postings, could use some help plsoops8rh.gif

*went there around 3AM ( you can come later than that but earlier than 6AM) and was done almost 11AM

1. Every applicant will be asked to fall in line (outside the building) according to their Visa category (each category has their own appointment time, k1 falls at 7:30 AM appointment time) and will be asked to enter the building one category at a time. For K1, when asked to enter the building in line, prepare these docs:
  • PASSPORT ( will be put inside a zip lock plastic, make sure the biographical page is visible)
  • APPOINTMENT LETTER*
  • DS Form 156*
  • DS Form 156k*
  • DS Form 157*

*all of these docs will be stapled together while the USEM employee is reminding you to double check your DS Forms to make sure you answered them all correctly leaving no blanks unanswered.

Note: DS Form 230 Part I was included on the Embassy instruction letter to fill up but on your interview, they won’t ask for it.

1. Upon entering the building, your bags and/or anything you carry with you will be asked to pass by an x ray machine (like the ones at airports) while a guard will do a frisking on you. Do not carry with you any kind of gadget, USB, pointed objects, pens with flashlights or any metallic object as much as possible. Umbrellas are allowed though.
  1. Inside the building, you will fall in line to a window where you will be given your Que number. Here, you will present the stapled docs and a copy of your Que number will be attached on them before they will be given back to you. Do not lose your Que number. .
  1. You will enter another door (main building) where your bags will be checked and another frisking.
  1. A USEM employee will ask all of the K1 applicants to show her their DS Forms and assist them on how to properly fill them up since they want to make sure that no item was left unanswered. They are very strict on it as you will be rescheduled if your docs reached the Filipino consul with some blank items on them. You have to be attentive on what she is saying and when you are done, she will double check it again then collect your docs and ask you to have a seat and wait for your Que number to flash on the monitor.

Note: Step 6 & 7 can interchange depending on what window you will be called with. I will base these two steps on my experience. Waiting is kinda lonnggggggggg……ZZZzzzzz if you can, have a heavy breakfast before attending the interview (your number will be called 3 times on the whole process, be attentive if you want to get processed without delays)

1. My number flashed on the monitor and was asked to go to Window 43 where a young guy asked me my DOB and Name and then took my finger prints. He then told me to go back to my seat and wait for my number to be called again..

1. My number flashed again, was asked to go to Window 55 to have my initial interview with a Filipino Consul (friendly and the conversation was in Tagalog) where he asked for my PASSPORT, ITR 2013 with W2 2013 and FIANCE’S EMPLOYMENT LETTER. Questions asked:
  • How did we meet? When?
  • What is his job?
  • Do you have some proof with you that you can show the American Consul like photos?

I said yes but he didn’t asked me to show him anymore, he just told me that my docs are ok and have to wait for my number to be called again.

Note: for those who will need an interpreter when having your interview with the American Consul, just tell the Filipino Consul as they will provide one for you.

1. I was called at Window 65 where a young American guy was the Consul. I can describe him as serious, not smiling and strict. The questions I will be writing on this part will include some from my own interview experience and from the other K1 applicants from my batch of interviewees on that day.
  • How did you meet?
  • When did you meet?
  • What is his job?
  • From what school?
  • What is his name?
  • How old is he?
  • How old are you?
  • Where is he from?
  • What are their names?

Note: these questions may or may not be asked on you depending on whose Consul will be assigned to you.

Tips:

• Know anything and everything about your fiancé. (favorite color, likes, hobbies etc.)
  • Answer confidently. As much as possible, when answering, make an eye to eye contact with the Consul. Do not get rattled or nervous.
  • Be specific with your answers. Do not say a lot if not needed, less talk, less mistakes. Just answer what is being asked.

As with my experience, I was just asked to present some photos to show evidences of my Fiancé’s visitation while other Consuls didn’t ask anything from the other applicants. As I said mine was strict and asked a lot of questions compared with the others, who only took them like 2-3mins at most. But I was relieved when he finally said; my visa is approved and I just wait to be called again.

1. Those who were done with the American Consul will be called either at Window 71 or 72. Here, you will be advised to go home and wait for your visa or may ask you to go to Window 69 (2GO) for your preferred delivery/pick up address. Sometimes, they will ask you again some questions but don't worry, they are just doing some confirmations about you and not as serious as the American Consul. However, if in case USEM still have some concerns on your docs, you will be asked to submit them by sending them to your nearest 2GO branch in order to process your visa. Other applicants were asked to go to Window 70 to learn more about their needed docs to submit.

Notes:

*Applicants who didn’t meet the required poverty guidelines were given 221g asking them to provide additional Evidence of Support docs to process their Visa and to avoid getting denied for being a Public Charge in the US.

Good luck!!

Wow, thank you. These come in handy. Congrats for both of you, guys!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

thank you so much. i will try to post also some guidelines on how to fill up DS FORMS properly based on what USEM employee told us to do. i'm done with the DS 156, just have to finish the other forms.

my apology for multiple posting, my connection was reset and i didn't know that my topic was posted more than it's supposed to. i don't know how to delete the other postings, could use some help plsoops8rh.gif

Moderators will delete multiple posts. Don't worry, idea9dv.gif .

thank you so much. i will try to post also some guidelines on how to fill up DS FORMS properly based on what USEM employee told us to do. i'm done with the DS 156, just have to finish the other forms.

I keep your post in my Google Drive, LOL. Thank you again. rose.gif .

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Great review, and pretty much how it went for us today. We thankfully were approved in 2 short minutes by the American consular, and kissed in front of the waiting audience lol. So you may know who we are. Congratulations. :)

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

• APPOINTMENT LETTER*
  • DS Form 156*
  • DS Form 156k*
  • DS Form 157*

• How did we meet? When?
  • What is his job?

• How did you meet?
  • When did you meet?
  • What is his job?
  • From what school?
  • What is his name?
  • How old is he?
  • How old are you?
  • Where is he from?
  • What are their names?

Tips:

Notes:

Good luck!!

ITR 2013 with W2 2013?

K1 Visa Journey

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

4/18/2013 I 129f application - packet sent
4/26/2013 NOA1 email confirmation
5/02/2013 Alien number Changed
5/03/2013 NOA 1 hardcopy mailed
7/10/2013 Transfered to Local USCIS for processing
7/22/2013 Address was changed relating to the I129F
7/26/2013 RFE hard copy received
7/29/2013 RFE mailed back
8/02/2013 CFO passed!
8/07/2013 NOA 2!!!
8/10/2013 NOA2 hardcopy received
8/19/2013 Shipped to NVC
8/23/2013 MNL case number provided over the phone
8/23/2013 NVC shipped packet to Embassy
8/27/2013 Paid Visa Fee
8/27/2013 Case Status "Ready" USEM
8/30/2013 NVC letter hardcopy received
9/11/2013 Case Status Updated "Ready" USEM
9/19/2013 Medical Passed!!!
10/18/2013 Visa Appointment USEM ----- Visa Approved!
10/21/2013 Visa Status Update: Ready
10/23/2013 Visa Status Update: Administrative Processing
10/24/2013 Visa Status Update: Issued
10/29/2013 Visa on Hand
10/30/2013 CFO sticker stamped
11/24/2013 POE: Detroit
AOS/EAD/AP Application

Day

1 Delivered April 11,2014

7 NOA 1 April 16,2014

16 Bio Appt received April 21,2014

32 Biometrics Done May 12,2014

76 called USCIS June 25,2014

77 EAD mailed June 26,2014

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ITR 2013 with W2 2013?

ooppss sorry about that, i mean 2012. oops8rh.gif

thanks for the clarification.. Congratulations....

K1 Visa Journey

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

4/18/2013 I 129f application - packet sent
4/26/2013 NOA1 email confirmation
5/02/2013 Alien number Changed
5/03/2013 NOA 1 hardcopy mailed
7/10/2013 Transfered to Local USCIS for processing
7/22/2013 Address was changed relating to the I129F
7/26/2013 RFE hard copy received
7/29/2013 RFE mailed back
8/02/2013 CFO passed!
8/07/2013 NOA 2!!!
8/10/2013 NOA2 hardcopy received
8/19/2013 Shipped to NVC
8/23/2013 MNL case number provided over the phone
8/23/2013 NVC shipped packet to Embassy
8/27/2013 Paid Visa Fee
8/27/2013 Case Status "Ready" USEM
8/30/2013 NVC letter hardcopy received
9/11/2013 Case Status Updated "Ready" USEM
9/19/2013 Medical Passed!!!
10/18/2013 Visa Appointment USEM ----- Visa Approved!
10/21/2013 Visa Status Update: Ready
10/23/2013 Visa Status Update: Administrative Processing
10/24/2013 Visa Status Update: Issued
10/29/2013 Visa on Hand
10/30/2013 CFO sticker stamped
11/24/2013 POE: Detroit
AOS/EAD/AP Application

Day

1 Delivered April 11,2014

7 NOA 1 April 16,2014

16 Bio Appt received April 21,2014

32 Biometrics Done May 12,2014

76 called USCIS June 25,2014

77 EAD mailed June 26,2014

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Review is embassy-specific~

~Multiple duplicate threads removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Congrats!

Feb. 2013 - First conversation ( we met through a friend )
Mar 26, 2013 - First meeting in person, Manila
April 06, 2013 - He went back to US
April 15, 2013 - I-129F sent to USCIS
April 17, 2013 - I-129F delivered
April 19, 2013 - NOA1
April 23, 2013 - Alien Registration Number was changed
June 17, 2013 - Second Visit
July 31,2013 - RFE
August 06, 2013 - Return to US
August 08, 2013 - RFE reply sent. ( next day delivery service)
August 09, 2013 - RFE response received
August 13, 2013- APPROVED!
12nn - Received an email from Representative Staff that our petition is approved already. ( w/ email from USCIS officer )
8pm - Received email confirmation about the approval & Online Status Updated.
August 14,2013- got my BC & Cenomar ( waited 5mins for BC & almost 1 1/2hr for Cenomar)
August 15, 2013 - got my NBI ( total processing time from step 1 to releasing 1 1/2hrs)
August 23,2013 - CFO Attended, Got GCC. Sticker to follow.
Sep 18, 2013 - Got MNL Case # via Phone & Paid Visa Fee @ BPI
Sept 23, 2013 - Medical PASSED - 1 Day Only

Sep 24, 2013 - Case status " READY"
Oct 07, 2013 - Interview - APPROVED
Oct 08,2013 - Status changed AP then ISSUED

Oct 10, 2013 - Status @ 2go site - HOLD for Pick up

Oct. 16, 2013 - US Entry @ LAX

Oct. 18, 2013 - Printed I-94

Oct. 29,2013 - Applied Marriage License & SSN
Nov. 25, 2013 - Wedding @ San Diego

s-event.png <p>

s-event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, thank you. These come in handy. Congrats for both of you, guys!

This is for Manila. May not be too helpful for your embassy as each embassy has their own process.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

This is for Manila. May not be too helpful for your embassy as each embassy has their own process.

Thank you for a reminder. I am just keep it to learn more. Especifically for what kind questions they would ask to a beneficiary at interview stage.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.