GoSteelers

Wait time for K1 Interviews at London Embassy?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can anyone give me an indication of how long I should expect to wait for my interview in London. I am getting very impatient!!!

NOA2: 5th July

Consulate received: 8th Aug

Packet 3 received: 15th Aug

Packet 3 sent: 14th Aug

Medical: 20th Aug

Interview: ????

Last week (Thurs 29th Aug) I called the Embassy [020 3608 6998] and was told that they had everything necessary to schedule the interview and I should hear something within a week. I called them this morning and the lady I spoke with said she didn't have access to any additional information (just the stuff I can see at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/users/sign_in; i.e. nothing!)

If anyone can give me some answers to the following questions it would be much appreciated.

1. How is the typical wait time between medical appointment and interview?

2. How can you contact the Embassy to check the status? (is there another phone no or email address? the one above seems pretty useless!)

3. I assume the 'Status Updated Date' on the US DoS website gives you an indication of when anything happens on your case? Mine says 27th Aug, which I assume is when the Medical results were received?

4. How do you receive notification of your interview date? Email or letter in the post? If it's an email can someone let me know the address so I can add it to my safe senders list!

Any advice gratefully received. I've been pretty patient throughout this whole process but I am starting to lose it now!

Thanks

The embassy is taking about 2-3 weeks after receiving all documents to schedule interviews. They will mail you a letter with the interview date an instructions on how to pay for the visa. I know it is not easy being patient, but today is exactly three weeks for me since the embassy has been in receipt if the medical results, an all paperwork, and we still don't have an interview date.

Good luck with this part, I've found it to be the most nerve wracking!!!

Met in 2006 through a pen pal website for school-aged kids when we were 15!
Kept in touch a bit for 4.5 years
02-2011 -Started talking about how to make a relationship work
06-06-2011- Met in Chicago and became a couple, finally!
07-18-2011- I flew back with him to England to meet his family
11-23-2011- He stays with my family and me for three months!
05-16-2012- I flew to England to be with him for a month.
07-15-2012- He flies back to me for another 3 months
12-17-2012- I fly over to England to be with him for 5 months
04-05-2013- We took a trip to Rome, and he asks me to marry him in St. Peter's Square!!!
04-25-2013- I-129F Sent to Dallas Lockbox
05-09-2013- He comes back to visit me for nearly 2 months
07-03-2013- I go back ONE last time, while our I-129F is processing
07-17-2013- Our petition is approved only 79 days later!! kicking.gif
07-25-2013- I fly home, and we are now apart for an indefinite amount of time. cray5ol.gif
08-09-2013- Packet 3 received
08-13-2013- Packet 3 sent back
08-15-2013- Medical Exam
09-24-2013- Jake's mom flies me to England by surprise AND short notice
09-26-2013- Packet 4 Arrives
10-02-2013- Interview- Approved!! dancin5hr.gif
10-11-2013- Visa arrives
11-04-2013- POE Chicago O'Hare
11-27-2013- Wedding day!!!
01-25-2014- Filed AOS

02-25-2014- Biometrics Appointment

Stay strong this part is the hardest because you are so close but its gonna be okay :P I promise :D

I'll try my best to answer from our personal experience in red from your questions

Can anyone give me an indication of how long I should expect to wait for my interview in London. I am getting very impatient!!!

Last week (Thurs 29th Aug) I called the Embassy [020 3608 6998] and was told that they had everything necessary to schedule the interview and I should hear something within a week. I called them this morning and the lady I spoke with said she didn't have access to any additional information (just the stuff I can see at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/users/sign_in; i.e. nothing!)

If anyone can give me some answers to the following questions it would be much appreciated.

1. How is the typical wait time between medical appointment and interview? Usually it takes 4 weeks or a little bit longer

2. How can you contact the Embassy to check the status? (is there another phone no or email address? the one above seems pretty useless!) My fiance and I both tried the phone which was extremely frustrating. I found contacting the Department of State helpful but also we did contact the embassy directly using http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html and telling them our information such as my fiance full name, dob, LND number, when he had his medical and when he sent all his info requested in his 3rd packet back to the embassy(pretty much everything I thought thought that would help them find him)

3. I assume the 'Status Updated Date' on the US DoS website gives you an indication of when anything happens on your case? Mine says 27th Aug, which I assume is when the Medical results were received? Might be, but could be any reason they update the website, doesn't hurt to contact and ask them really but don't harass them..some people do ;) I joked about this with a worker at DOS when I called one time :P

4. How do you receive notification of your interview date? Email or letter in the post? If it's an email can someone let me know the address so I can add it to my safe senders list!

Well because I sent the email we shortly after our 4 week wait got an email back about a request on the status of our case and they told my fiance they sent him his 4th packet on such and such date. Sadly the email I cannot confirm if its the same for anyone that contacts them so I would suggest if you do contact them it takes 5 days or longer to get a reply so just check your spam folder etc in the mean time while you wait.

Any advice gratefully received. I've been pretty patient throughout this whole process but I am starting to lose it now!

Its going to be okay! Woosa! :D

Thanks

Timeline

I had my medical 16th August, and my Interview's scheduled for 13th september.

Good Luck!

2. How can you contact the Embassy to check the status? (is there another phone no or email address? the one above seems pretty useless!)

3. I assume the 'Status Updated Date' on the US DoS website gives you an indication of when anything happens on your case? Mine says 27th Aug, which I assume is when the Medical results were received?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Timeline

In case anyone is following this for advice/reference...

Best advice is to call the Department of State in America - they seem to be the only people who can tell you what is going on.

It turned out that The London Embassy had lost my packet 3 forms (even though I sent them recorded delivery) and that was the reason for the delay. We were only able to find out this info by calling DoS, who said there was no record of my forms on their system. Seems we lost 2-3 weeks due to this.

So I had to resend the packet 3 forms; they arrived on 13th Sept, registered on the system 17th Sept.

We found out on 8th October that my interview has been scheduled for 15th October. Again this was by calling DoS.. nothing from the Embassy as yet. I've emailed them asking them to confirm the appointment, and am hoping a letter will arrive in the post before Tuesday.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from US Embassy/Consulate Discussion to UK Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is London-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Can anybody help me??

Ok so k1 visa got approved on August 30th.

Letter received September 24th.

Medical exam - october 7th

Visa fee paid online - (15-16th october) roughly.

Embassy receives medical - october 25th.

Sent form of readiness really late as I was using an iPad so I got Really confused!!! Sent october 28th.

Now am I correct for thinking that all I do now is wait?? I haven't posted any forms to the embassy as in the last letter I received it said not too.

However I've sent them 2 emails via the contact form and they've not responded.

One asking if they can speed it up as my fiancé is currently in England till November 16th.

I also have a wedding date booked for February 2014 and I really need to get planning and get back to florida ASAP my dress has to be taken in to be altered by December.

Does anyone have ANY information at all to help me?

Is it possible to be there by December? Or am I crazy in thinking that?

Please someone give me advice...... I'm panicking I'm not going to have anything done for my wedding day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

First of all, call the Department of State and have them check to see if it now shows you have all things in. With all the London goofiness over forms, and changing even their e-mail form submittal, I think you need to make sure you really are in the queue for an interview. Second, unless they expedite you (and they may or may not), it seems they are taking about 6 weeks to tell you when your interview is, and then it may be 1-4 weeks from then. The holidays will not help. I have always taken the view I can plan zero until we have a visa in hand, but I understand how hard that goal is to live up to. Good luck!

Now am I correct for thinking that all I do now is wait?? I haven't posted any forms to the embassy as in the last letter I received it said not too.

The instruction letter says not to send DOCUMENTS to the embassy (birth certificate, police certificate, divorce decree, proof of income). You send an application FORM. Did you do that? Did you read the instructions on the embassy website? http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html. The mobile version is not as good. Get on a computer or scroll to the bottom and click FULL SITE then try the link again if using an IPad.

Once they receive application, medical, and readiness form, allow 4-6 weeks before you get assigned an interview. They won't even acknowledge your things are there immediately.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks

Did you ever send a DS160/260 in depending on your time frame? if not you need to complete this (DS160 now) before it'll go any further. This is ''packet 3'' along with the readiness form

05/24/13 - 129F Sent
05/28/13 - USCIS Received

05/30/13 - NOA1

08/02/13 - USCIS UPDATE - RFE

08/08/13 - RFE Hard copy - New photos

08/10/13 - RFE sent back

08/19/13 - RFE received at USCIS
08/26/13 - NOA2
Sent to NVC supposedly, but took a while! And many convos with USCIS/NVC
10/10/13 - Received by NVC, Case number assigned
10/18/13 - Medical
10/18/13 - London receives case file
10/20/13 - DS-160 completed (didnt wait for packet 3, nor have i ever received)

10/21/13 - Online interview readiness form completed
10/22/13 - CEAC Update (Online readiness)

10/23/13 - CEAC Update (Medical Received)

10/23/13 - Visa Fee and courier fee's paid (Didn't wait for packet 4)

10/24/13 - Emails and online form submitted requesting speedy interview for medical reasons (complicated pregnancy). Supporting evidence provided

10/28/13 - CEAC Updated. Fiancee calls DoS.....Inteview!!!!!! 4th Nov

11/04/13 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/05/13 - CEAC Update - New case creation

11/07/13 - CEAC Update - Issued!

Timeline

Ok can anybody help me..... AGAIN lol.

I just checked online on the aid.usvisa-info.com/GB website and logged in and everything is up to date.

However it says - attend interview ..

The in the left top corner it says -

Current status - provide appointment information.

Does anyone know what this means??

Please help. X

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Oh my gosh I feel like I'm going insane.

Can anybody tell me or give me any advice?i feel like I've done all the wrong things.

Ok so we filed for our fiancé visa at the end of january and received the receipt in February.

We were approved in August on the 30th, I received the instructions letter on September 24th, booked my medical on october 7th, results were sent to the embassy october 24th.

We phoned the DOS in September and they told me to fill in the DS260 so I done this.

Paid the visa fee and courier service on october 15th.

I've been emailing the embassy with no response then received the response saying I had filled in the wrong forms and I had to fill in the DS160 instead.

I've posted nothing to the embassy in the post as it says you take the forms to the interview.

My main concern now is that does my time for my interview start all over again now?

So I filled in the DS form 160 on November 8th. So does my interview wait time start from that point now??

I'm so confused, and my fiancé leaves soon as he's currently in England with me, he wanted to come to interview.

Does anyone know what else I can do? I have emailed the embassy asking for a fast interview date because of the wedding plans and I'm trying to be there before Christmas.

Please help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You did the 160 as they asked, but did you fill in the on-line "I am ready now" form that has a place on it for your 160 info? The form is here: http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notification_of_applicant_readiness_form.html Do that asap, then e-mail them in a few days and tell them the story and ask them very nicely for a date asap -- all I can think of. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.