test_user

Wrong address on Immigrant Data summary

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

My wife recently got her visa (EB2 immigrant visa) issued at Mumbai consulate in India. Her visa stamp (in the passport) has all the info right.

However her immigrant data summary sheet has the wrong address (Final address in the US). It has my old US address and that too with the wrong house number of my old address. I have moved twice after that address. I already did AR-11 and gave the updated address at NVC(when my case was pending for interview).

My question is:

1) Since this is the address where GC will be mailed, where should I inform so that her GC and SSN will be mailed to the right address when she is US ? Should I go back to the consulate to get it fixed? OR who should I inform.

2) Is having wrong address in her immigrant data summary a big deal at all?

Hi,

My wife recently got her visa (EB2 immigrant visa) issued at Mumbai consulate in India. Her visa stamp (in the passport) has all the info right.

However her immigrant data summary sheet has the wrong address (Final address in the US). It has my old US address and that too with the wrong house number of my old address. I have moved twice after that address. I already did AR-11 and gave the updated address at NVC(when my case was pending for interview).

My question is:

1) Since this is the address where GC will be mailed, where should I inform so that her GC and SSN will be mailed to the right address when she is US ? Should I go back to the consulate to get it fixed? OR who should I inform.

I cannot tell you what to do but I can sheare my experience. There was an error on my wifes data sheet from the embassy. Wrong names were entered for her parents. We did not notice this until the day we were flying to US. Once we reached out POE the US Immigration Officer noted the error, said no big deal, she would correct the error in their system. She did some typing and in no time approved my wife and welcomed her to the US. Of course this DOES NOT MEAN that the same thing will happen to your wife. I think t all depends on the Immigration Officer and if they are in a good mood or not. Not sure how long it would take you to get an appointment at the embassy to make the corrections...

Aloha Ke Akua

Filed: Timeline

I cannot tell you what to do but I can sheare my experience. There was an error on my wifes data sheet from the embassy. Wrong names were entered for her parents. We did not notice this until the day we were flying to US. Once we reached out POE the US Immigration Officer noted the error, said no big deal, she would correct the error in their system. She did some typing and in no time approved my wife and welcomed her to the US. Of course this DOES NOT MEAN that the same thing will happen to your wife. I think t all depends on the Immigration Officer and if they are in a good mood or not. Not sure how long it would take you to get an appointment at the embassy to make the corrections...

Aloha Ke Akua

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Errors on the immigrant data summary sheet will not cause problems, however, errors on the immigrant visa itself will.

• 8 years later...
On 8/23/2013 at 3:50 PM, test_user said:

Hi,

My question is:

Hello! I know it was 9 years ago but I’m in a similar situation . The final destination in the immigrant data summary is different than the one listed on the ds 260. Where did you receive the green card? At the old one on the data immigrant sheet or the updated on ds? Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dtsuave said:

Hello! I know it was 9 years ago but I’m in a similar situation . The final destination in the immigrant data summary is different than the one listed on the ds 260. Where did you receive the green card? At the old one on the data immigrant sheet or the updated on ds? Thank you

please start a new thread if you have questions. 

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.