2Hearts1Love

I-134 - How to fill out form for Petitioner of insufficient income?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello VJ, couple questions about the I-134 Affidavit of support for the K-1 Visa. I have a co-sponsor as I do not meet the income requirements through my current job, and my questions are:

1. For my own (Petitioner's) I-134, what areas need filled in for question 7 if any?

2. As for supporting documents- such as 3 yrs worth tax returns/W2s, Letter from Employer, Letter from bank, and 3 most recent pay stubs; do I still need to provide those as well besides co-sponsor?
(If my co-sponsor or I are not able to attain letters from bank, are the W2s/tax returns, pay stubs enough?)

3. For question 8, as I do not have sufficient income, would I check "Partially Dependent" for my fiance, or "Wholly"?

4. What is the best answer for question 11 dealing with my situation?

5. I'm assuming the form should still be signed by me, or should I leave it blank as my mom is the one with sufficient income?

6. As for the co-sponsor - My mom has a new job this year different from last year's W2s and she is making enough currently for support of my fiance and, to my knowledge she also made just enough on her previous W2s for support. My question is, is there anything that needs to be done or shown dealing with her new job and/or answered differntly on her I-134?

7. How should she fill in question 7?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello fellow Netherlands VJer!

Am I correct that you only just sent off your I-129F at the end of June? I'd advise against assembling the entire I-134 too soon, as it's likely that your fiance's interview will be next year, and the consulate will want to see more recent information. Is it possible that by that point you'd have sufficient income? Because that would also change things quite a bit in filling out the form.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello VJ, couple questions about the I-134 Affidavit of support for the K-1 Visa. I have a co-sponsor as I do not meet the income requirements through my current job, and my questions are:

1. For my own (Petitioner's) I-134, what areas need filled in for question 7 if any? If you have any income, you list it there. Assets can be left blank. If you have no income, put unemployed and 0.

2. As for supporting documents- such as 3 yrs worth tax returns/W2s, Letter from Employer, Letter from bank, and 3 most recent pay stubs; do I still need to provide those as well besides co-sponsor?

(If my co-sponsor or I are not able to attain letters from bank, are the W2s/tax returns, pay stubs enough?) Most recent tax transcript or complete copy of tax return with all forms and W-2s, letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs is all you need. Bank statements are only needed if your income is not sufficient and you need to use assets or show deposits of non-taxable income.

3. For question 8, as I do not have sufficient income, would I check "Partially Dependent" for my fiance, or "Wholly"? The beneficiary is not listed in #8. That is for dependents such as children, a spouse or anyone else claimed on your taxes.

4. What is the best answer for question 11 dealing with my situation? The example form shows the answer for #11 and works for you and your co-sponsor. > http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

5. I'm assuming the form should still be signed by me, or should I leave it blank as my mom is the one with sufficient income? You sign your I-134, ot course. The co-sponsor fills out their own I-134 and that is where they sign.

6. As for the co-sponsor - My mom has a new job this year different from last year's W2s and she is making enough currently for support of my fiance and, to my knowledge she also made just enough on her previous W2s for support. My question is, is there anything that needs to be done or shown dealing with her new job and/or answered differntly on her I-134? She lists her current income and provides the documentation I posted above in your second question.

7. How should she fill in question 7? With her current job and current income. If the income meets the requirement, then leave the assets portions blank.

Thanks in advance!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Am I correct that you only just sent off your I-129F at the end of June? I'd advise against assembling the entire I-134 too soon, as it's likely that your fiance's interview will be next year, and the consulate will want to see more recent information. Is it possible that by that point you'd have sufficient income? Because that would also change things quite a bit in filling out the form.

Ditto. It's way too early to be filling that out. You won't want to start filling out that information until you get your NOA2. The average time between NOA2 and interview date for the Netherlands is about 2 months so you'll have plenty of time to mail the forms to your fiance. One thing that you can do ahead of time is to request your tax transcript for the past 3 years. Some say you need it, some say you don't, but it wouldn't hurt to have it just in case. Unfortunately in this stage there's really not much to do but wait.

K1 Timeline:

01/24/2013 - Sent I129F overnight to TX lockbox

01/28/2013 - NOA1

05/15/2013 - NOA2

05/28/2013 - Received at NVC

05/29/2013 - Sent to Consulate

05/31/2013 - Received at Consulate

06/01/2013 - Packet 3 Received

06/05/2013 - Packet 3 Sent

06/08/2013 - Packet 4 Received

06/18/2013 - Medical

07/16/2013 - Interview Date

07/20/2013 - Visa Received

07/25/2013 - POE

AOS Timeline:

03/16/2014 - Package sent

03/21/2014 - NOA1 for AP & EAD

03/25/2014 - NOA1 for AOS

04/15/2014 - Biometrics appointment

Timeline

Hey there, sek298!

Yes, I did just send in my I-129F recently and it's not likely that I will have sufficient income by then, as I have never attained a full time job nor made anywhere near the 125% poverty guideline annually in all my years of working...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey there, sek298!

Yes, I did just send in my I-129F recently and it's not likely that I will have sufficient income by then, as I have never attained a full time job nor made anywhere near the 125% poverty guideline annually in all my years of working...

Luckily the Netherlands accepts co-sponsors, and they seem to be pretty lenient compared to other embassies on financial proof. Actually if you look at their website (http://amsterdam.usconsulate.gov/iv_k1_pkt3.html) they even allow self-sponsorship. We have a co-sponsor as well, actually, because I'm a full-time graduate student with a stipend that doesn't kick in until September. Hopefully my fiance's interview will be before then! It seems like Jay-Kay answered the rest of your questions, but I'd still advise waiting to fill out and send the I-134 until you get your NOA2. They'll probably want things dated at the most a few months before the interview (and if your interview is next year, the consulate will definitely want to see a recent letter of employment and maybe even 2013 taxes for your co-sponsor). It's good to start thinking about it, though! Good luck!

Timeline

Ditto. It's way too early to be filling that out. You won't want to start filling out that information until you get your NOA2. The average time between NOA2 and interview date for the Netherlands is about 2 months so you'll have plenty of time to mail the forms to your fiance. One thing that you can do ahead of time is to request your tax transcript for the past 3 years. Some say you need it, some say you don't, but it wouldn't hurt to have it just in case. Unfortunately in this stage there's really not much to do but wait.

Thanks for your input, I do know there is plenty time ahead of me but it's good for me to know as much as possible the soonest in advance so when the time comes to fill it out and send it, we won't be stressing for answers at the last minute and we can hopefully get everything done more quickly and smoothly. =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.