Danno

VP to be Paul Ryan

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I find myself torn between Ryan's fiscal prowess and Obama's gayness.

One must be exceptionally bored to hit that level of torn-ness.

Or complacent.

You Choose.

---

ps - do we now have to put things 'more charitably' since the door for that was recently opened?

DRECK !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yawn......

I can promise you one thing..... Team Obama is not yawning, it looks they were caught a little unprepared for this VP choice and they will devote Millions and millions to attack this "yawner".

:thumbs:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I can promise you one thing..... Team Obama is not yawning, it looks they were caught a little unprepared for this VP choice and they will devote Millions and millions to attack this "yawner".

:thumbs:

So be it. Not my money. I support Romney, but he just screwed himself. 4 more years of the status quo.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Timeline

I seriously doubt they were unprepared. They were prepared for any pick in the top 5, and Ryan was at least top 2.

The more I think about this, the more I think it was the worst possible choice. Romney is too far behind in the electoral race to play it safe, but that's what he did. This choice all but conceded Ohio, and did nothing either way for his chances in two other must-wins, Pennsylvania and Florida. It did nothing to address the few swing voters left, and only appeals to people who would have voted for Romney anyway. Worst of all, it does nothing to energize the segment of the religious right and hardcore Republicans who are inclined to sit this one out rather than vote for a Mormon.

If you're an Obama supporter, today was a good day.

Timeline

I seriously doubt they were unprepared. They were prepared for any pick in the top 5, and Ryan was at least top 2.

The more I think about this, the more I think it was the worst possible choice. Romney is too far behind in the electoral race to play it safe, but that's what he did. This choice all but conceded Ohio, and did nothing either way for his chances in two other must-wins, Pennsylvania and Florida. It did nothing to address the few swing voters left, and only appeals to people who would have voted for Romney anyway. Worst of all, it does nothing to energize the segment of the religious right and hardcore Republicans who are inclined to sit this one out rather than vote for a Mormon.

I can't stand Obama. But you're 100% right. There's not enough southern Baptists in this country that will come out for Romney.

I can't stand Obama. But you're 100% right. There's not enough southern Baptists in this country that will come out for Romney.

Southern Baptists don't like Papists, or Mormons, (or usually Republicans,) so on that count you may be right about Ryan, but he does give a reason for conservatives to vote, other than they don't like tax and spend liberals. Romney's campaign has gone from conservatives thinking IDGAS to maybe Ryan might be a good choice in 2016 to run against Hillary. That will get Romney votes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We just disagree.

With this choice Romney covered all the bases.

Cultural conservatives where holding their breath half expecting him to pick a Left leaning choice, from all the reaction I have seen from the religious right they are stoked.

The fiscal conservatives are well satisfied as well.

I predict even the Ron Paul faction will have large numbers of people who will go for this ticket rather than throw their vote away and award Obama with another four years.

As far as anyone sitting this out due to Romney being a Mormon, that is the biggest crock, what you are saying they would rather return Obama the same guy who has endorsed Homosexual relationships as equal to their marriage... and the party he heads up which will have that same thing in their platform..... they are going to choose that over a Mormon?

You are dreaming Bro....and you need to get a little diversity in your life to see what these people think, trust me I don't know one person from that crowd who are troubled by his mormonism, this isn't 1950 where the ramparts are secure.

Now I have long given Obama a 60/40 chance of reelection.... as this economy has failed to respond and Romney seems to be doing all the right things...... I put it at 50/50 now.

I certainly don't want to under estimate the Obama machine, but the media is not in lock-step this time, many many people have lost all confidence in Obama, he could well loose this election.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Southern Baptists don't like Papists, or Mormons, (or usually Republicans,) so on that count you may be right about Ryan, but he does give a reason for conservatives to vote, other than they don't like tax and spend liberals. Romney's campaign has gone from conservatives thinking IDGAS to maybe Ryan might be a good choice in 2016 to run against Hillary. That will get Romney votes.

Problem is I think the voters will stay home and watch Jerry Springer re-runs.

We just disagree.

With this choice Romney covered all the bases.

Fair enough, either position is subjective enough there's no exact right or wrong yet on this position.

As far as anyone sitting this out due to Romney being a Mormon, that is the biggest crock, what you are saying they would rather return Obama the same guy who has endorsed Homosexual relationships as equal to their marriage... and the party he heads up which will have that same thing in their platform..... they are going to choose that over a Mormon?

On Easter Sunday, I was guilted into attending an Easter breakfast with my aunt, a very fundamentalist Christian, and breakfast was served in a very fundamentalist church. We're talking Focus on the Family type stuff. The conversation I heard going on around me went like this: They don't like Obama, not one little tiny bit. However, Romney is a member of a cult. (that word, "cult," was used pervasively.) Not only would it be wrong to vote for Romney, it would be a sin. And not just a sin, but a sin of such magnitude that it would imperil their soul. I kid you not, this was the discussion. And we're not talking about tea with a few crazies. This was a breakfast attended by several hundred fundamentalists, and I heard variations of that discussion over and over.

You're thinking of this in terms of sitting out allowing Obama back in, but that is not the way fundamentalists are seeing this. Not all of them are seeing it this way of course, but many of them see a vote for Romney as a mortal sin.

As for Republicans sitting it out...maybe I should have said "un-energized." If John Kerry had been able to pull voters in 2004 like Obama did in 2008, he'd have won the election by a pretty decent margin. Bush Jr. pulled in a lot of votes on charisma alone. He was the candidate you wanted to have a beer with. Mitt Romney has none of Kerry's charisma. I don't care if you're Democrat or Republican, Romney simply does not have the personality to make up what he's trailing.

But as I've said all along, the only thing that matters is the electoral college. And right now, Romney has to run the table on just about every swing state (plus win two of Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio) to win. That's gonna take a miracle, and I don't believe Paul Ryan can do that.

Timeline

Fair enough, either position is subjective enough there's no exact right or wrong yet on this position.

On Easter Sunday, I was guilted into attending an Easter breakfast with my aunt, a very fundamentalist Christian, and breakfast was served in a very fundamentalist church. We're talking Focus on the Family type stuff. The conversation I heard going on around me went like this: They don't like Obama, not one little tiny bit. However, Romney is a member of a cult. (that word, "cult," was used pervasively.) Not only would it be wrong to vote for Romney, it would be a sin. And not just a sin, but a sin of such magnitude that it would imperil their soul. I kid you not, this was the discussion. And we're not talking about tea with a few crazies. This was a breakfast attended by several hundred fundamentalists, and I heard variations of that discussion over and over.

You're thinking of this in terms of sitting out allowing Obama back in, but that is not the way fundamentalists are seeing this. Not all of them are seeing it this way of course, but many of them see a vote for Romney as a mortal sin.

As for Republicans sitting it out...maybe I should have said "un-energized." If John Kerry had been able to pull voters in 2004 like Obama did in 2008, he'd have won the election by a pretty decent margin. Bush Jr. pulled in a lot of votes on charisma alone. He was the candidate you wanted to have a beer with. Mitt Romney has none of Kerry's charisma. I don't care if you're Democrat or Republican, Romney simply does not have the personality to make up what he's trailing.

But as I've said all along, the only thing that matters is the electoral college. And right now, Romney has to run the table on just about every swing state (plus win two of Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio) to win. That's gonna take a miracle, and I don't believe Paul Ryan can do that.

That pretty much sums it all up. You should get a job on CNN. Great post.

Timeline

Romney is no Ben Stein, but Kerry had the charisma of a freshly painted banister. Folks would rather study a foreign language than listen to one of his speeches.

I have a banister in my house. I slide down it every morning. I've had some rough landings.

For your enjoyment:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/webster