Ronsyn

The immigration officer said my n400 aplication was sent a day earlier

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My interview was on Monday 08/06/2012. Before sending the application I used the USCIS calculator and it said Earliest Accepted Filing Date: 04/23/2012. They have received my application exactly on April 23. The USCIS officer told me that my application was received a day earlier, anyways she did interview me and I passed the English and Civics test. She told me that a decision cannot be made at the time and the will send me a letter. My question is: Who makes the decision and what should i expect?

Thank you in advance for your answers!!!

Edited by Ronsyn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

At times the officers are juniors and need approval of their supervisors and thus a decision is not made. I think you should be ok asked on what you have mentioned. I would say,..... Congratulations!

IR5 For Parent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I cannot believe what I read :blink:

My interview was on Monday 08/06/2012. Before sending the application I used the USCIS calculator and it said Earliest Accepted Filing Date: 04/23/2012. They have received my application exactly on April 23. The USCIS officer told me that my application was received a day earlier, anyways she did interview me and I passed the English and Civics test. She told me that a decision cannot be made at the time and the will send me a letter. My question is: Who makes the decision and what should i expect?

If they received it the 23rd presumably it was signed and postmarked the 22nd or earlier which is outside your time period. Yes, they are being nitpicky but they have the right to be. Maybe they will approve it but you may have to refile.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

• 1 month later...

Any updates on your case Ronsyn? I have a similar issue.

The Journey...

2008.03.07 - Wedding in USA

2008.03.19 - I-130 application filed

2009.02.18 - Interview

2009.02.20 - Visa received

2009.03.12 - USA entry / Green Card

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010.12.14 - Filed for Removal of Conditions

2011.05.12 - 10-year Green Card received

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012.04.05 - N-400 Application for Citizenship filed

2012.08.16 - Interview

2012.11.20 - Oath Ceremony

Wow...I completely understand the whole thing about mailing or signing your application on or after the date you are eligible BUT to deny you or refile based on that? I hope to God you are approved

Edited by UMUC

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Wow...I completely understand the whole thing about mailing or signing your application on or after the date you are eligible BUT to deny you or refile based on that? I hope to God you are approved

The law says he can file 90 days before he qualifies. The law does not allow him to apply 91 days early. USCIS cannot ignore the law and say one day early is okay.

It's might be a tough lesson, but the US cannot allow its own agency to ignore the law.

The law says he can file 90 days before he qualifies. The law does not allow him to apply 91 days early. USCIS cannot ignore the law and say one day early is okay.

It's might be a tough lesson, but the US cannot allow its own agency to ignore the law.

Like I said, I COMPLETELY understand the LAW but I do HOPE and PRAY that it will not be DENIED or have to REFILE!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I spoke to USCIS on the phone and asked about it,since I also sent mine earlier. Sent on Aug 30,2012. Received/Priority date on NOA is Sept.4,2012. My earliest elig date is Sept 1,2012. They said its fine,they base it on Priority date not the date application was

Sent but im.crossing my fingers still.

Any news about your case?

AOS

Sept. 17 '09 : TB skin testing done : "0 mm" -> NEGATIVE

Sept. 22 '09 : completed documents

Sept. 23 '09 : AOS & EAD sent via USPS

Sept. 24 '09 : received 1:55pm signed by R. Mercardo

Sept. 29 '09 : ff. up SSN, no news from USCIS =(

Sept. 30 '09 : NOA1 Date

Oct. 2 '09 : check cashed

Oct. 5 '09 : NOA1 hardcopy received

Oct. 8 '09 : touches on AOS and EAD

Oct. 9 '09 : received Biometrics Appt. letter

Oct. 16 '09 : AOS moved to CSC

Oct. 19 '09 : received email about transfer

Oct. 21 '09 : Biometrics Appointment - done

Oct. 22 '09 : AOS and EAD touched

Oct. 23 '09 : AOS touched

Oct. 26 '09 : AOS touched

Nov. 2 '09 : AOS touched

: received email of case transfer to CSC dated Oct. 16

: case pending at CSC

Nov. 3 '09 : AOS touched

Nov. 5 ' 09 : received email at 8:00 pm EAD APPROVED

Nov. 10 '09 : received email : CARD PRDUCTION ORDERED

Nov. 13 '09 : received email : CARD SENT

Nov. 15 '09 : EAD CARD RECEIVED

Dec. 1 '09 : email GC card production ordered

Dec. 2 '09 : email permanent resident registered

Dec. 3 '09 : email PR approval sent

Dec. 5 '09 : GC RECEIVED

Aug.30 '12 : sent N-400 packet

Sept. 4'12 : delivery confirmation by USPS/Priority Date as per USCIS

Sept.6'12 : text&email USCIS Received Application

Sept. 7 '12 : check cashed

Sept.14 '12 : biometrics letter delivered

Sept.24 '12 : biometrics appt at 8am

Thank God,last time to deal with USCIS

I spoke to USCIS on the phone and asked about it,since I also sent mine earlier. Sent on Aug 30,2012. Received/Priority date on NOA is Sept.4,2012. My earliest elig date is Sept 1,2012. They said its fine,they base it on Priority date not the date application was

Sent but im.crossing my fingers still.

Any news about your case?

THATS EXCELLENT!!

http://www.visajourn...days-too-early/

As you can see this is a person who filed early as well and things did not go so well.

All will be well by God's grace!

Miss/Mr Ronsyn, how is YOUR case coming?

Hopefully something GOOD

Edited by UMUC

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

It surprises me that it was processed through until interview & then tell the applicant he/she is denied because it was filed early. Why didn't they just sent it back when they first received it? You'd think the IO would have caught the date right on the initial review.blink.gif

Edited by let-it-be

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.