TnJ

I-129F April 2012 filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You already have a choice in where you're going to stay? My fiance and I are still thinking where is she going to stay in Manila. She's from Gensan by the way.

Maybe i will just stay near st. Lukes.. i checked on Tropical Mansion hotel, just a few blocks away.. it is cheaper.. there are a lot of nice hotel though. let her check google on hotels near St.Lukes and it would be close to USEM too.

event.png

You already have a choice in where you're going to stay? My fiance and I are still thinking where is she going to stay in Manila. She's from Gensan by the way.

Here are a couple of threads concerning hotels in Manila. The first one is a pinned topic in the 'Philippines' forum. There are several threads on VJ inquiring about hotels in Manila, but both of these have good lists for comparison. If you want to be close to St. Luke's, US Embassy, and CFO, the Ermita district hotels are going to be the closest.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/328357-h0tels-in-manila/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/48111-manila-embassy-and-st-lukes-area-hotels/

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

Maybe i will just stay near st. Lukes.. i checked on Tropical Mansion hotel, just a few blocks away.. it is cheaper.. there are a lot of nice hotel though. let her check google on hotels near St.Lukes and it would be close to USEM too.

We did search for hotels and we did come up for Bayview Park Hotel it is front of USEM but as we checked there's no more room left for Oct-Nov.

Our K1 Journey

April 5 2012 : Sent I-129F

April 9 2012 : NOA1

October 15 2012 : NOA2 (189 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Guys!!

Just an update of My Case Status. A RFE has been requested by USCIS on August 6,2012. My NOA1 was Dated April 17,2012 by CSC Location....I hope all goes well from here, nothing complicated they are asking. Thanks alot guys for the Support.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I did the appointment online. i tried to call them but they will ask if you already get a notification from USEM that you can now set an appointment. but of course we know that it will take forever to receive that.. so i rather set the appointment online than wait for my notification.. But I will try to call them again and check for earlier appointment and reschedule it..

How does picking the interview dates work? Can you pick any date (given that they tell you the next available date)? For example, you requested Sept 17th because it was the next available, but could you have chosen to pick a later date in October?

Timeline

How does picking the interview dates work? Can you pick any date (given that they tell you the next available date)? For example, you requested Sept 17th because it was the next available, but could you have chosen to pick a later date in October?

Actually you cant pick any dates you want. they will just highlight the dates they want for you.. mine is from sept 17 until the last week of sept.. no october or november.. I tried to do that but it wont let me.

I think you need to call them by phone to change your appointment. But like I said they will not set up an appointment for you by phone unless you already receive the notification from USEM. so better schedule online and call by phone to get the appointment date you want.. Good luck!!! :-)

event.png

Hello Guys!!

Just an update of My Case Status. A RFE has been requested by USCIS on August 6,2012. My NOA1 was Dated April 17,2012 by CSC Location....I hope all goes well from here, nothing complicated they are asking. Thanks alot guys for the Support.

Great that it isn't any big deal, and great that you are receiving correspondence on your case now. Hopefully, the RFE will only delay you by a couple of weeks. Good news for all you CSC petitions. :hehe: Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Great that it isn't any big deal, and great that you are receiving correspondence on your case now. Hopefully, the RFE will only delay you by a couple of weeks. Good news for all you CSC petitions. :hehe: Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Thanks a lot. Todd!! keeping fingers crossed.. will do for sure...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got the e-mail for an RFE... I am pretty sure I know what they need because i forgot to send my bank statements as proof of being in Canada within the last 2 years. So this is definitely a happy day because I know they have finally gotten to our petition and it isn't denied! Now just to wait for the snail mail copy of the RFE to come so I can ship off what they need.

Never thought I would be this happy and excited over getting an RFE. lol

Live for today because you never know what tomorrow will bring!

01/28/2010: Met on Evony online game

02/23/2011: Started dating

08/09/2011: First meeting in Canada

10/03/2011: I went to Canada for a visit

02/03/2012: I went to Canada for a visit

02/10/2012: Got engaged

02/11/2012: He was denied entry to US & sent back for more documents

02/12/2012: Denied entry again even with documents

02/13/2012: I returned home

04/21/2012: Mailed K-1 visa petition

04/24/2012: Certified mail delivery confirmation

04/27/2012: Check cashed

04/27/2012: E-mail notification of receipt of petition

04/29/2012: NOA1 received!

08/07/2012: Received e-mail notification of RFE

09/07/2012: Finally able to send back info for RFE

09/17/2012: NOA2 APPROVED!!!

waiting......

Timeline

Just got the e-mail for an RFE... I am pretty sure I know what they need because i forgot to send my bank statements as proof of being in Canada within the last 2 years. So this is definitely a happy day because I know they have finally gotten to our petition and it isn't denied! Now just to wait for the snail mail copy of the RFE to come so I can ship off what they need.

Never thought I would be this happy and excited over getting an RFE. lol

Happy for you! at least they are already looking at your papers.. and theres no major problem.. Thats good.. it wont take that long anymore.. Goodluck!:)

event.png

THANK GOD>>>>>> I have my NOA2,,,,, just got it,,,,, can anyone willing to guide me what i have to do next PM me or here,,, thanks a lot

Hey frank_jhen, I responded to the separate post you made. Getting your MNL number from NVC is the next step. The second half of the K-1 Guide along with the links for Manila in my signature should start you on your way. Congratulations! :goofy:

Just got NOA 2!!!!!

Congrats! Seems the CSC is on a roll. :whistle: I'll just sit back and watch the excitement I guess. :crying:

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey frank_jhen, I responded to the separate post you made. Getting your MNL number from NVC is the next step. The second half of the K-1 Guide along with the links for Manila in my signature should start you on your way. Congratulations! :goofy:

Congrats! Seems the CSC is on a roll. :whistle: I'll just sit back and watch the excitement I guess. :crying:

Thanks!!! Yes, I feel sorry for those at VSC. You will get it. Hang tight! I'm surprised, but I guess pictures of us getting baptized together and sending in a copy of our rental agreement showing that we live together was enough proof... lol I thought I'd get an RFE.

Edited by dstrausser83

Timeline

I sent some letters out last week asking what the problems and plans for improvement were for VSC to a few Congressmen. I know I'm not due yet but with the difference between the two service centers growing to a gap of four months between service centers I felt it was time for some answers.

The phone numbers are useless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.