8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our 90 day mark is coming up proceeding my expiration of my green card.

I have two questions:

1. can you send in your application early?

2. do they always ask you to do fingerprints? the reason I am asking is because I will be out of the country for 4 months. I will be in europe and it would be silly for me to come all the way back for a 10 minute finger printing session. Is there anyway around this? should I communicate this on my cover letter? Would it be possible to do fingerprints at an Embassy in Europe??

thanks.

Julia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

answer to your first question is no. you can send in your roc 90 days before your greencard expires. if you send in your 751 application early than the 90 days, they will return it to you. you should send in the application no early than 90 days before your gc expires. your second question is for you to look on the uscis website and i believe that there is a link where you can go to and it will tell you what to do. or you can call uscis and they will tell you what to do. i am sure that you will have to go for your fingerprints where the paper says when you get the appointment. best of luck to you.

Our 90 day mark is coming up proceeding my expiration of my green card.

I have two questions:

2. do they always ask you to do fingerprints? the reason I am asking is because I will be out of the country for 4 months. I will be in europe and it would be silly for me to come all the way back for a 10 minute finger printing session. Is there anyway around this? should I communicate this on my cover letter? Would it be possible to do fingerprints at an Embassy in Europe??

thanks.

Julia

No you can't send it in early. As the previous user stated, they will send it back even if it's 1 day early so don't bother. Secondly, yes you have to get your biometrics/fingerprints done. They usually schedule within a month of filing the I-751, depending on your individual support center's availability. You can't miss your biometric appointment, if you don't show they consider your application abandoned. I've never heard of anyone including a request to hold off on scheduling the biometric in a cover letter and I'm not certain it would work. Even though it would be silly to come back, it's better than losing your legal permanent resident status. Best of luck!

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1. Yes if you are divorced you should file as soon as your divorce is final, or before your card expires, whichever occurs first. If you are still married then no. You must file after the 90 day window opens. Any sooner and they will just return it.

2. No, but for ROC yes. If you did your fingerprints within 15 months of filing then they might not ask you again but with ROC that's highly unlikely. With USC it's sometimes more common. If you are military and stationed overseas they also change the requirements.

I'm not sure why you're going overseas, or when, but I suggest you file as soon as the window opens. Then I suggest you make an INFOPASS and show your requirements for travelling and they *might* permit you to do the biometrics early. I wouldn't bet on it but you can at least try.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

What is an INFOPASS?

And what is an ROC? I don't know all the terms yet...

Info re Infopass here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f183bd85ef149210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=f183bd85ef149210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD Here's where to make one: http://infopass.uscis.gov/

ROC is the process you're about to go through... "Removal of Conditions".

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I cannot do an INFOPASS appointment because you have to be there in person. I live on the big island and my office is on a different island. Is there anyway I can talk to someone for USCIS on the phone?

You could phone them but they are notoriously difficult. National Customer Service Center (NCSC): 1-800-375-5283

Although I would have thought anything they tell you will be vague because you haven't filed yet, and can't refer to a timeline.

Do you mind if I ask why you are going overseas? Is it for work?

When exactly are you due to file and when will you be out of the country?

Would it be possible to delay your trip until after your 90 day window started, got your biometrics appointment and tried an early walk in (which isn't possible in some areas). Even if you did that, there is no guarantee that they wouldn't want to call you for an interview or send a RFE that would require your attention, granted the current processing timelines are going longer than your 4 months away right now.

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.