elizabethscar

about fiAnce Visa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

so im 17 and my boyfriend is 23. we met may 2009 online. so after that day we met we spoke like everyday on the phone and would see eachother everyday through web cam... our relationship grew so strong and i was starting to like him so much. but since wen i met him i was 15 i couldnt travel to Dominican rep to see him when i felt like it. so i told my mom about him like one year later. and i wanted to meet him already so i went this summer on july and spent 2 weeks with him. i could say it was truely love at first sight. so now im also going again on december to spend another 2 weeks with him. and we are getting engaged when i go. but when i come back to the U.s i wanna start the papers for the fiance visa. my question is do you think it will be harder for him to be approved because our age differences? and also anybody who recently did this process can tell me how long it takes now for the whole process? and an estimate of all the money they spent? and how did it go in the interview? some of the common questions they ask? just alot of advice please. i know im young but i love this guy! please help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This should be posted in the Dominican Republic section if hes from there and you want specific country information on immigration not the Philippines section. good.gif

Welcome to VJ.

I don't think a 17 year old can file a fiance visa but i could be wrong.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: V-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I will honestly tell you to wait until you turn 18 before you file for him. And i must also tell you that this process is very frustrating and only endurance can see u through. It involves alot of finances and i must tell you, the faint in heart will not make it. Follow your heart and may God see you through and get you two together. Amen.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I agree with the above posts, I assume you need to be AT LEAST 18 to file for someone.

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I looked and didn't see any restriction on age for filing a petition. Looks like you need to be a USC and legally free to marry 90 days after entry. OP you need to study the guides on this site, pay particular attention to the financial responsibilities of the petitioner. My guess is that you will need a co-sponsor, unless you are making good money for your age.

Edited by Operator

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I agree with the above posts, I assume you need to be AT LEAST 18 to file for someone.

It only states that if you need special permission or consent in the jurisdiction that you will be married in you must supply proof of the special permission or consent.

my mom will be helping me in this whole process.

and she gets paid really good. she been working for the goverment for 20 years now. but i just wanna know an estimate of the cost, and how long the process would be. i turn 18 next year on august and i dont wanna wait that long to start the process. my mom said he can live with us when he comes. i also wanna know for the people who experienced the interview in Dominican rep how was it? i wanna know how it went??!!!

Timeline

my mom will be helping me in this whole process.

and she gets paid really good. she been working for the goverment for 20 years now. but i just wanna know an estimate of the cost, and how long the process would be. i turn 18 next year on august and i dont wanna wait that long to start the process. my mom said he can live with us when he comes. i also wanna know for the people who experienced the interview in Dominican rep how was it? i wanna know how it went??!!!

Cost is going to be well over $3,000 USD.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I don't know, but it looks like you just need to be legally able to marry. Although by the time he gets his visa you will be 18, you will be 17 when you apply so (assuming your state has some kind of parental consent requirement for minors) ensure you include proof that you have the required permission. Find out (probably can do this online) what your state's requirements are and make sure you include proof you can comply with those requirements. You will not see mention of this in the guides on this website or in people's stories as this does not apply to most people.

The age difference itself shouldn't be a problem. Your current age may be a little unusual, but I'm sure there are many many cases of a similar age difference with similar ages. For example, during our visa process I was 20 and my husband was 27/28.

Brief estimate of fees:

I-129F petition: $340

Medical for your fiance in the Dom Rep: $180

K1 visa application: $350

Adjustment of Status: $1070

Read the K1 Guide on this site to get an idea of the process.

Whilst you are visiting in December make sure you acquire proof of your meeting.

As far as timing goes, suffice it to say you will be 18 when you marry.

I would check with other people who have applied to see if co-sponsors are allowed for fiance visas in your fiance's country.

Timeline

Topic has been moved from Philippines forum to Latin & South America, Mexico & the Caribbean forum as the beneficiary is from Dominican Republic and not the Philippines.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

thanks so much for all the information :) but what i was told to do is get engaged on december when i go. and get proof of all that. then when i come back to start the the application & the whole process! does that sound right? or do i do different. because in Dr i dont need parent consent to get married now i could do it on my own,,, and another question can my mom say that she going to support my boyfriend if he does end up comin to the U.s instead of me supporting him because i get paid cash & she has a really good job & been working for the goverment for 20 years.. && he is going to be living with me in my moms apartment.. soo????

Hola... I guess you undestand spanish.. but theres this forum in spanish just for dominicans... Right now the approvation process is taking over 5 month just to get approved. After that its taking 2 month to get the appointment, and the appointments they are giving them with a 2 moth waiting period. hope this helps you... and I do invite you to be part of that forum it will help you a lot having people in the same area! good luck!

http://foro.univision.com/t5/Inmigraci%C3%B3n-Visas/visa-de-novios-santo-domingo-preguntas-y-experiencias-en-la-cita/td-p/158372884/page/622

Consulate : Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-12-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-12-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-22

NVC Received : 2010-03-25

NVC Left : 2010-03-27

Consulate Received : 2010-04-01

Interview Date : 2010-06-14

APROVED!!!!!! :)

Visa Received : 2010-06-21

US Entry : 2010-07-15

Married: 2010-07-30

---------- 2nd Phase -----------

AOS: 2010-08-24

EAD: 2010-08-24

AP: 2010-08-24

Email Confirmation: 2010-09-02

Noa's Hard copy: 2010-09-07

SSN applied: 2010-09-20

1st touch AOS& transfered: 2010-09-22

Transfer hard copy: 2010-09-27

2nd update AOS: 2010-09-29

Talk to congressman: 2010-10-01

Receive congressman letter: 2010-10-05, 2nd letter 2010-10-08

Biometrics App: 2010-10-21 ... Finaly Done!!!!!

EAD approved: 2010-10-22, touch 2010-10-28, touch: 2010-10-29, received 2010-11-02

AP received: 2010-10-29

Green Card Approved: 2010-11-15

Green Card Received: 2010-11-20

---------- 3rd Phase -----------

I-751: 2012-09-10

Noa's Hard copy: 2012-09-17

Biometrics App: 2012-10-10

Noa's Hard Copy:2013-04-13 APPROVED!

0ZH9m4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.