luv4ragga

Accra Embassy Statement on current backlog!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Here is a link to a statement from the Accra Embassy pertaining to the current backlog there:

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/visa_applicant.html. I am perplexed by the statement since it really does not shed any new light on why there is a current backlog and what actions are being taken to address the matter. Really, it seems that people are complaining and they are not DOING much to make the situation better. It is going on 14 months and we are still in the dark about what's going on with our case. And to make matters worse, the NVC.....well, you all know the routine.....same ole same! I am not saying that progress has not been made for some, BUT for the overwhelming majority of Accra filers, things are moving at a snail's pace. I know that it is not just me waiting, either. There are countless others on VJ as well as those not on VJ that are waiting. We should continue to expect the embassy to resolve whatever issues that currently exist and/or contribute to the ongoing backlog. We pay the visa fees like anyone else that files, so we DESERVE reasonable processing times. This 2 or more years wait time is CRAZY. For those USC's, there is a website called www.congress.org where you can send letters to our politicians including the U.S.President/VP. Perhaps, it's the only way that our "complaints" will be taken seriously. :thumbs::help:

Timeline

Bottom line - there is nothing we can do but to wait.

I understand we all have to wait, however that never means that we should just do or say nothing about the serious problem in Accra. :no: For most of my career I have advocated for those that are voiceless or disenfranchised. I guess it's just in my nature to "do something" even if it only means writing a letter to voice my concerns. :ot: Believe it or not, but politicians respond even if it is only to win votes or elections. :ot2: I think about the many movements that have helped to effect and shape this great country of ours(U.S). If no one ever had the notion to do "something" then perhaps they too would still be waiting! :lol:

I am very happy and elated for those whose visas were approved! :thumbs: It gives all of us hope about our own situations. So, while we are waiting some of us will continue to make our voices heard about the backlog. :yes: Blessed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

would an increase in headcount, for vetted Visa Officers, make a difference ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

This is some kind of crazy. So basically: we have a backlog, we know about it, but read the instructions about what happens at NVC so that the process goes quicker....ummm....that does not help.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Here is a link to a statement from the Accra Embassy pertaining to the current backlog there:

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/visa_applicant.html. I am perplexed by the statement since it really does not shed any new light on why there is a current backlog and what actions are being taken to address the matter. Really, it seems that people are complaining and they are not DOING much to make the situation better. It is going on 14 months and we are still in the dark about what's going on with our case. And to make matters worse, the NVC.....well, you all know the routine.....same ole same! I am not saying that progress has not been made for some, BUT for the overwhelming majority of Accra filers, things are moving at a snail's pace. I know that it is not just me waiting, either. There are countless others on VJ as well as those not on VJ that are waiting. We should continue to expect the embassy to resolve whatever issues that currently exist and/or contribute to the ongoing backlog. We pay the visa fees like anyone else that files, so we DESERVE reasonable processing times. This 2 or more years wait time is CRAZY. For those USC's, there is a website called www.congress.org where you can send letters to our politicians including the U.S.President/VP. Perhaps, it's the only way that our "complaints" will be taken seriously. :thumbs::help:

I've been waiting for an interview date since April 2010(IR2- for my son) and till this date nothing has happened. this wait time is getting out of hand. And something has to give. Only one word can express this "Frustration".

Timeline

@Darnell, wb7985, and zeebee:

I think dat more staff is definitely needed since there is always a backlog. And, wb7985 the word frustrating is definitely an accurate description about things at da embassy :thumbs:. And zeebee definitely the statement on da website tells us no more about what's "really going on" than it did without a generic statement! :lol: All of u r right on da money,k....so, da journey continues :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
would an increase in headcount, for vetted Visa Officers, make a difference ?
I asked this same thing of the Immigrant Visa Section Chief in Ecuador, when I called down there and finally got through (to the top). He indicated (without saying so) that there's a tremendous shortage of bodies to be assigned anywhere, and he said that even if they got extra help, they might not have a place to put them (office or desk space, I presume). Enlightening stuff, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.