jundp

Thank God for my foreign husband!

101 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

USC Ladies, do you ever stop to think how you won the lottery with your foreign husband? There's an awful lot of talk about how great foreign wives are, well dangit, it's time we American women talk about our husbands.

There are some AMAZING men we married, who treat us like real partners, who appreciate our intelligence, our beauty, our humor, and all that makes us "American." America isn't all fast food, obesity, and femi-nazis as some would like to claim.

I love being the wife of a sexy, intelligent, foreign man who doesn't feel the need to prove how manly he is -- because he exudes it naturally.

Had to comment on this thread. (L) my sessy Peruvian hubby. Ditto to everything you said!!

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Being hitched to a Limey rocks. He makes a delicious curry, knows everything there is to know about football (soccer), and can read. Plus, he's nice and has good manners.

American guys are a waste of time. Except, of course, for my male family, friends, and neighbors, plus that nice bartender at my favorite sports bar, my mechanic, the guy who fixed my washing machine, that elderly gentleman who let me use his cell phone at the airport, and perhaps a couple of historical figures, like Eli Whitney and John Quincy Adams. And maybe a couple of other guys I haven't thought of yet.

If only I'd had an American schlub starter husband to take to the cleaners...

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

...maybe I'll ask my husband if he'll whip up a batch of pancakes whilst on a unicycle. Because all Brits do that.

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

...maybe I'll ask my husband if he'll whip up a batch of pancakes whilst on a unicycle. Because all Brits do that.

Please save me some of those pancakes. I prefer them made by a man on a unicycle. Thanx.

it's so sexy when my husband sits on the couch w/ a beer, puts on a soccer game, and yells at the TV in Spanish. All latinos do that :star:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Please save me some of those pancakes. I prefer them made by a man on a unicycle. Thanx.

it's so sexy when my husband sits on the couch w/ a beer, puts on a soccer game, and yells at the TV in Spanish. All latinos do that :star:

Awesome! That sounds like my man! Except for the Spanish part. Instead, he says, "Rubbish!" (And sometimes much more colorful language than that.)

K-1

AOS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

USC Ladies, do you ever stop to think how you won the lottery with your foreign husband? There's an awful lot of talk about how great foreign wives are, well dangit, it's time we American women talk about our husbands.

There are some AMAZING men we married, who treat us like real partners, who appreciate our intelligence, our beauty, our humor, and all that makes us "American." America isn't all fast food, obesity, and femi-nazis as some would like to claim.

I love being the wife of a sexy, intelligent, foreign man who doesn't feel the need to prove how manly he is -- because he exudes it naturally.

You just like fact that he's a Saints fan. laughing.gif

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Awesome! That sounds like my man! Except for the Spanish part. Instead, he says, "Rubbish!" (And sometimes much more colorful language than that.)

I didn't know that you were married to Eric Morecambe. tongue.gif

IR5

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to come out of VJ retirement and post on this one!

I am soooo thankful to God for my foreign husband!!! Having been married once before to an awful Amerikan man and hearing my friends complain about their awful Amerikan man (sounded a lot like mine unfortunately) I knew a foreign man was for me! My gorgeous husband treats me like a man is supposed to treat a woman - with love and respect as his equal. Being married to a Canadian has been THE best thing I have ever experienced! He cooks, he washes clothes, vacuums - none of that ####### about those jobs being woman's work - he does those things because we both work. He works as hard as I do and actually wants to spend time with me so if we both work on the house we can spend time together (imagine that - a man who loves his wife enough to help out). Now that my friends is a REAL man...and seldom will you find a MAN like that here in the States. Oh! He's intelligent, he can read - READ and actually comprehend too! He talks to me and not just about hockey or beer. He loves me just the way I am and actually sees me as a very intelligent woman with merit. He's not hung up on looks or a woman's figure and oh my gawd he is so HOT ! :wub:

Oh, and to hear him watch NHL games and chew out the players, coaches, and referees in French...omg...makes my heart beat faster and I have to start fanning myself. OOOO LA LA!!! ;)

Being married to my sexy Canadian man has been THE best experience in my life. I love being married to my Canadian...I am very proud to be his wife. HIS! I am the lucky one in all this. (L)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I do like it when my husband says snarky things in German to the television during fussball. I don't care what anyone says about German being an ugly language...it's actually rather sexy.

You just like fact that he's a Saints fan. laughing.gif

That, of course, helps :lol:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

Had to comment on this thread. (L) my sessy Peruvian hubby. Ditto to everything you said!!

How are you, Luis, the J-Men and Anna doing?

IR5

Timeline

I do like it when my husband says snarky things in German to the television during fussball. I don't care what anyone says about German being an ugly language...it's actually rather sexy.

That, of course, helps :lol:

I hope you and Patrick are doing well.

IR5

Timeline

Hola 5!! We're all doing good, how are you?? Everything is busy, crazy over here.

I'm busy being crazy. laughing.gif So glad that all is well with you and yours. luv.gifluv.gifluv.gif

IR5