VisaSoldier

Korean police certificates - Philippines embassy

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone her been able to obtain south korean police certificates for their fiancee at the Korean embassy in the philippines. If so, what was the process and how long did it take? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

1-26-2011 - I-129F recieved at USCIS, Lewisville, TX signed for by J. Cates

01-27-2011 - NOA 1 Recieved

06-09-2011 - NOA 2 Recieved

07-11-2011 - Medical Screening - Passed

07-22-2011 - Interview for K1 Visa - US Embassy Manila - APPROVED!

08-18-2011 - POE - Los Angeles, California USA

11-12-2011 - Wedding!

12-22-2011 - Filed for AOS

04-12-2012 - Biometrics Complete

06-20-2012 - Interview @ ATL Field Office (Approved!)

06-27-2012 - Received Green Card

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Has anyone her been able to obtain south korean police certificates for their fiancee at the Korean embassy in the philippines. If so, what was the process and how long did it take? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Unless one is physically present in South Korea, a police certificate is not available. The Consular Officers in Manila and everywhere else know this, so no worries. Scroll down. From http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9223

Police Records

Korean National Police Certificate (Crime-Investigation History Report: Bomjoi-Soosa Kyongreok Johoi Hoiboseo) is available to visa applicants of any nationality who are physically present in South Korea. The new KNPC now includes all serious crimes since 1945, regardless of expungement benefits under Korean law, and misdemeanors for five years, according to the Individual Information Protection Law of March 2003.

Applicants presently in Korea: Foreign nationals, regardless of visa status, and Korean citizens must apply in person at any local police station. The KNP checks non-Koreans according to the requestor's Korean alien registration card or passport. Korean citizens must show a Korean identity card with the Korean citizen's unique, lifetime Korean identification number, which is found on Korean national identity cards and Korean passports adjacent to the applicant's name. KNP processing is no fee and takes less than one hour. The new KNPC bears a red ink half inch square stamp on the bottom containing the Korean characters for National Police. It is issued in Korean only and applicants must attach a complete English translation, certified as true and correct by anyone competent in Korean and English, for the visa interview. A simple computer printout of criminal records is issued with the Korean annotation for information only, has no red ink stamp and is not a KNPC for visa purposes.

Applicants outside of Korea: Unavailable.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

See I read this, but when I called the us embassy in the philippines and asked about it, they told me it was required regardless. But can anyone confirm that you can indeed get a visa approved without the certificates. I am worried she will go and have problems with this. Thanks for the quick reply.

1-26-2011 - I-129F recieved at USCIS, Lewisville, TX signed for by J. Cates

01-27-2011 - NOA 1 Recieved

06-09-2011 - NOA 2 Recieved

07-11-2011 - Medical Screening - Passed

07-22-2011 - Interview for K1 Visa - US Embassy Manila - APPROVED!

08-18-2011 - POE - Los Angeles, California USA

11-12-2011 - Wedding!

12-22-2011 - Filed for AOS

04-12-2012 - Biometrics Complete

06-20-2012 - Interview @ ATL Field Office (Approved!)

06-27-2012 - Received Green Card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have your fiancee call the Korean Embassy in Manila. I know the web site says that you cannot get a Korean police clearance outside Kores, but I believe an exception is made for the Philippines. The US Embassy will request it by letter. After she has the MNL number, she goes to the US Embassy with her passport. They will provide the letter she must take to the Korean Embassy. Korean Embassy will request the clearance and call your wife when it is ready, (30 days maybe). They will give it to your fiancee in a sealed envelope to be opened by the US Embassy only.

Had a friend who went through this and he was panicking big time. When his fiancee talked to the Korean Embassy it turned out not to be such a big deal. I don't understand why they don't fix the website.

My wife was able to get a police clearance from the korean embassy. Pretty easy...just have your fiancee bring her passport with the korean visa in it to the korean embassy. She will also need 2 passport photos. She will fill out the form, submit it and they will give her a piece of paper that tells her how to contact the embassy in manila. Wait 4-6 weeks and then go pick it up. Pretty simple. I know what the DOS website says about the clearance, but I didnt want anything to hold up the visa process. It is free and fairly easy to get. It is better to be over prepared than to have to wait 6-8 weeks longer because you didnt have the clearance. Hope this helps

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

My wife also worked in South Korea approx 15 years ago but her old passport with the stamps she used at that time was destroyed several years ago during a flood. What do you think she should, or can, do since she no longer has the passport with the stamps when she worked in South Korea?

Timeline

My wife also worked in South Korea approx 15 years ago but her old passport with the stamps she used at that time was destroyed several years ago during a flood. What do you think she should, or can, do since she no longer has the passport with the stamps when she worked in South Korea?

I would email this question directly to the immigrant visa unit in Manila.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I had my interview last May 20 and I lack one requirement which is my police certificate from Japan. Will it take that long before they can release the visa?ohmy.gif Is that the new process now?

Thanks.

My wife was able to get a police clearance from the korean embassy. Pretty easy...just have your fiancee bring her passport with the korean visa in it to the korean embassy. She will also need 2 passport photos. She will fill out the form, submit it and they will give her a piece of paper that tells her how to contact the embassy in manila. Wait 4-6 weeks and then go pick it up. Pretty simple. I know what the DOS website says about the clearance, but I didnt want anything to hold up the visa process. It is free and fairly easy to get. It is better to be over prepared than to have to wait 6-8 weeks longer because you didnt have the clearance. Hope this helps

07/20/2011- Got married!

AOS PROCESS:

10/08/2011- Sent AOS, EAD and AP thru USPS Priority Mail

10/13/2011- NOA1 via text/e-mail notification

10/14/2011- Check cashed

10/19/2011- NOA1 hardcopy received in mail

11/01/2011- Biometrics appointment schedule

12/05/2011- EAD/AP approved

12/15/2011- Combo card received in the mail

02/07/2012- AOS interview approved

ROC PROCESS:

11/09/2013

it takes some time to get the police clearance from japan. I believe it is a little different process (not much) to get the clearance from japan. They will not release the visa until you guys can get the police clearance from japan.

I would call the korean embassy in manila to see what they say. They would be better to talk to on this.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Yeah that's why they gave me a 221(g). I filed mine last Mar.29 so hopefully I can get it within the 2 month frame. Do you have any idea how long it's gonna take after I submit my lacking documents to the USEM?

it takes some time to get the police clearance from japan. I believe it is a little different process (not much) to get the clearance from japan. They will not release the visa until you guys can get the police clearance from japan.

I would call the korean embassy in manila to see what they say. They would be better to talk to on this.

07/20/2011- Got married!

AOS PROCESS:

10/08/2011- Sent AOS, EAD and AP thru USPS Priority Mail

10/13/2011- NOA1 via text/e-mail notification

10/14/2011- Check cashed

10/19/2011- NOA1 hardcopy received in mail

11/01/2011- Biometrics appointment schedule

12/05/2011- EAD/AP approved

12/15/2011- Combo card received in the mail

02/07/2012- AOS interview approved

ROC PROCESS:

11/09/2013

Timeline

Unless one is physically present in South Korea, a police certificate is not available. The Consular Officers in Manila and everywhere else know this, so no worries. Scroll down. From http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9223

It is a worry because too many times this information is NOT automatically known by the US Consulate until it is pointed out to them

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

It is a worry because too many times this information is NOT automatically known by the US Consulate until it is pointed out to them

So, once it's pointed out, still a problem?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

So, once it's pointed out, still a problem?

possibly this thread (and for certain one other that is active) are apparent reflections of the fact that Manila is not yet accepting the "unavailable" for not those not present in South Korea despite having this pointed out to them.

need the last word?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

possibly this thread (and for certain one other that is active) are apparent reflections of the fact that Manila is not yet accepting the "unavailable" for not those not present in South Korea despite having this pointed out to them.

need the last word?

Asking a legitimate question. Your reply prompts another one. This thread is about somebody asking how to get one. It has no information I saw about Manila's reaction if one isn't provided. Is there a report about what has happened in Manila when a S. Korea police report was not provided? Sometimes a question is just a question. This is one of those times.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.