Black Velvet

Tax Return (Copy or Certified Copy)

7 posts in this topic

My friend has been a LPR for 5 five years. Her father (US citizen) filed for her. Can she send photocopies of her her last 5 tax returns or does it have to be tax transcripts? Please advise.

Tax transcripts are easy to get - http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html you can either fax the request in or call the 1-800 number and with the rep order the transcript. If you're next to a fax machine, they can even fax it to you and make sure you have received it.

I sent in our copy of the tax return (with all schedules and attachments) as the transcript wasn't ready when I filed N400. At the interview, they did ask for the tax transcript which I had ready.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The Tax transcripts are so easy to get - you call them and it doesn't take long to receive - maybe 1-2 weeks. They are good solid proof so I would go for using those.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

IRS returns are primarily to base on 3 years of marriage and continuous residency with a US Citizen.

However based on the N-400 instructions Transcripts or a photo copy of returns are fine.

Also:

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

N-400Marriagedivorcedocs.jpg

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/attachments.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=480ccac09aa5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I opted for the tax transcripts for my stepdaugher by calling that 1-800-908-9946 number, gave her SS number and verified all the information as being correct, such our home address. Went back four years as far as I could go because longer, she was under 16 and not permitted to work.

This was for the five year as a LPR, evidence check list for the five year does not say you need IRS tax returns for the five year, but can say, you sure need those for the marriage three year. But she took them anyway to her interview and even told her IO she had them. He didn't even want to see them.

But that doesn't mean your friends' IO won't want to see them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.