Tero

I-129F vs I-130 Clash

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Here's my story so far...

Nov 17, 2009 …..Priority date of my NOA 1 for I-129F

After about 4 ½ months, petition approved by USCIS

July 23, 2010 ….Fiancee was denied visa at the consulate, CO claimed we were already married. They said they’d return our petition to DHS for revocation.

Tried to appeal, got senators involved, they refused reconsideration.

Sept/Oct, 2010 ...Traveled to get a court marriage and obtained a marriage certificate

Oct 25, 2010 ...mailed my complete I-130 forms with applicable evidences

Oct 27, 2010 ...My priority date for NOA 1

Dec 17, 2010 …Dated letter stating that my I-129F was returned to USCIS due to CO’s report of our relationship being a suspect. They said the petition is closed as the original validity was expired.

Jan 14, 2011 …Dated letter stating my I-129F has been reopened to reconsider original decision.

I called USCIS today and was very polite, (which was reciprocated) asked why my forgotten/close K-1 petition was reopened and how it would affect my Spousal. I was told that when they got my I-130, they had to reopen my K-1 (on Dec 1, 2010) to see that we were wrongly denied visa by the consulate the first time. They said they would resend it back to the consulate to issue my wife a K-3 visa.

Edited by Tero

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

That's the strangest case I have seen is some time, USCIS recycleing a denied I-129F to get it converted to a K-3, it is conceivable. K-3 is based on a pending I-130.

Moving this to the K-3 forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

That's the strangest case I have seen is some time, USCIS recycleing a denied I-129F to get it converted to a K-3, it is conceivable. K-3 is based on a pending I-130.

Moving this to the K-3 forum...

Yea you know! I thought it was surprising too, so I decided to share.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OMG - an actual K-3 topic. YAY!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A k3 is usually closed because the I 130 is approved at the same time. Your I 130 is still pending. The I 129F is supposed to be filed after the I130 but I guess reopening counts.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

A k3 is usually closed because the I 130 is approved at the same time. Your I 130 is still pending. The I 129F is supposed to be filed after the I130 but I guess reopening counts.

I have read about some people who got denied a k-1 and then they turned around and filed a spousal. I never heard their I-129F revisited and converted to a K-3. Maybe I'm lucky or just ....

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I have read about some people who got denied a k-1 and then they turned around and filed a spousal. I never heard their I-129F revisited and converted to a K-3. Maybe I'm lucky or just ....

.....the misinformation line striking again. I suspect this is misinformation, since the I-129F package will have "unmarried" written all over it. It's possible but not likely that they'll convert the petition in a way that a spouse visa can be granted.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

.....the misinformation line striking again. I suspect this is misinformation, since the I-129F package will have "unmarried" written all over it. It's possible but not likely that they'll convert the petition in a way that a spouse visa can be granted.

Could there be some other reason the already closed I 129F is reopened? Could there be a reason the tier 2 level rep lied to me?

Timeline

Could there be some other reason the already closed I 129F is reopened? Could there be a reason the tier 2 level rep lied to me?

Reconsidering the I-129F was likely just in due course but the misinformation would be from ignorance not intent. You could also have the straight scoop. We'll just have to wait and see. I just see the consulate having a tough time issuing a spouse visa based on a petition full of statements about being unmarried. It's possible only if USCIS takes some extraordinary administrative action to provide the authorization for Consular processing of a spouse visa based on such a petition. I know the same form has been used for the K3 for years but it's not completed with the same information. Nothing YOU or YOUR SPOUSE signed in the package indicates you're married.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Reconsidering the I-129F was likely just in due course but the misinformation would be from ignorance not intent. You could also have the straight scoop. We'll just have to wait and see. I just see the consulate having a tough time issuing a spouse visa based on a petition full of statements about being unmarried. It's possible only if USCIS takes some extraordinary administrative action to provide the authorization for Consular processing of a spouse visa based on such a petition. I know the same form has been used for the K3 for years but it's not completed with the same information. Nothing YOU or YOUR SPOUSE signed in the package indicates you're married.

Well, I'll be sure to give an update as this progresses. Eitherway, I have no intentions of going for the K-3. I'll wait for the IR-1/CR-1.

Timeline

Well, I'll be sure to give an update as this progresses. Eitherway, I have no intentions of going for the K-3. I'll wait for the IR-1/CR-1.

Seems wise. If the K3 is going to be viable, it will proceed to a P3 from the Consulate without further input from you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Update! The USCIS is confused...

I called the USCIS today to follow up on my cases. They repeated what they told me last time but then I asked how they were going to do it when the I-129F forms said I am single and the rep was like "Oh! it's not for a K-3?! :blink: " I told him the original petition was for a K-1 and I wonder how they are going to convert it into a K-3. The rep told me they thought it was originally a K-3 (Dont ask me where they got that "revelation" from).

Bottomline, the rep told me to mail a copy of my I-129F NOA 2 with a cover letter to the Vermont center asking them to cancel it as it is not for a K-3. Pushbrk you were right. What a waste of time!

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Seem we are in the same boat with the fiance and spouse visa.

I have not called them to confirm exactly what they theink they are doing though.

I-129F @ VSC-Jan 27 2010

NOA 1- Dated Feb 1 2010

NOA 2- Dated April 27 2010 (85days after NOA1)

Interview-October 2010- outcome AP

Interview-July 2011-outcome-Recommendation for revocation

March 2012- Petition received by a USCIS office

May 11 2012- Petiton sent to another USCIS office for processing

May 15 2012- Petition is now being processed at a USCIS office

May 17 2012- letter rec'd from CSC Petition officially closed

Oct 26, 2011- Sent 1-130 Oct 27, 2011- NOA1 priority date

July 2012- NOID I-130 petition

July 16, 2012 e-mail notification for NOA2

NVC Process

July 23, 2012- nvc received

Aug 13,2012- called nvc to receive case# and IIN

Aug 14,2012- DS-3032 Email sent

Aug 15,2012- AOS Fee $88 invoiced, paid and in process

Aug 16,2012- AOS shows as paid

Aug 17,2012- I-864 overnighted to NVC

Aug 24,2012- DS-3032 acceptance received

Aug 24,2012- DS-230 invoiced/paid

Sept 4,2012- DS-230 overnighted to NVC (forgot to date page 2 waoo???, can't stop beating myself now, pls no RFE)

Sept 5,2012- DS-230 received by NVC; Oct 4- date received via email for scheduled interview

Sept 14, 2012-checklist requested for docs already submitted

Sept 20,2012- Case complete at NVC

Embassy

November 2, 2012 Interview -APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.