Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

LOL... Bahachell.... go to work! That keeps the mind off non-productive bouncing on walls. And, why not just tell us "after the fact" the outcome? Yanno, something like: Approved! Or AP? Easy peasy sistah!

Now please, sit still gurl before you knock over somebody's cay! LOL!!

@Ashley: How did you install a Turkish Keyboard? Is that on your Ipad? Or a PC? I have seen apps for Ipad, but not for the pc.

How's the AmeriTurks today?

Mariye Yenge

I AM WORKING!!! I even picked up a second job to just make the time pass!!!!!! Ok Mariye I will just keep it to myself.....Thanks for the support!

Timeline

I m doing great i am also from izmir so my family is ok

but there are so many people died :(

i m trying to follow the news at CNN to see whats going on

I got my first pay check :)) even its not that much but i m working i hope i will get fulltime worker in the compay

hey Mari yenge,

i think u can change your keyboard it in your PC,

Michele,

Do NOT worry!! everything will be fine and he will get his visa

of course still need a good luck

YEAH the first paycheck! So happy for you! You got in with a good company!

I am not worried...Just so happy and tons of energy going through my body! Bahadir and I are like happy kids! We are ready!! JUST REALLY HAPPY!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Pleasantries in Turkish (from Turkish Class)

Pleasantries

In Turkish there are set pleasantries for certain occasions. Learn a few and you can get away with knowing fewer words in Turkish! .

Afiyet olsun! af-ee-yeht ul-sun Said to someone who is eating or has just finished eating (literal translation: Bon Appetite/ Let Health Be).

Elinize sağlık! el-ee-nee-ze saah-lik Said to praise someone's cooking (literal translation: Health to your hands).

Kolay gelsin! koh-lay gel-sin Said to someone working (literal translation: May it come easy).

Geçmiş olsun! gech-mish ol-suhn Said to someone who is ill (literal translation: Get well soon/ may it pass).

Çok yaşa! chok yash-ah Said to someone who just sneezed, similar to god bless you (literal translation: Live long).

Sıhhatler olsun! suh-hut-ler ol-suhn Said to someone who just took a shower, or to a guy who just got a haircut or shaved (literal translation: Let there be health)

Edited by Mariye & Ky

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Pleasantries in Turkish (from Turkish Class)

Pleasantries

In Turkish there are set pleasantries for certain occasions. Learn a few and you can get away with knowing fewer words in Turkish! .

Afiyet olsun! af-ee-yeht ul-sun Said to someone who is eating or has just finished eating (literal translation: Bon Appetite/ Let Health Be).

Elinize sağlık! el-ee-nee-ze saah-lik Said to praise someone's cooking (literal translation: Health to your hands).

Kolay gelsin! koh-lay gel-sin Said to someone working (literal translation: May it come easy).

Geçmiş olsun! gech-mish ol-suhn Said to someone who is ill (literal translation: Get well soon/ may it pass).

Çok yaşa! chok yash-ah Said to someone who just sneezed, similar to god bless you (literal translation: Live long).

Sıhhatler olsun! suh-hut-ler ol-suhn Said to someone who just took a shower, or to a guy who just got a haircut or shaved (literal translation: Let there be health)

Excelent Job Mari !!!

@Michele,

Believe me i do understand how you feel but try to be calm he will be fine.,

Thank you for good wishes about my job

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

KD!!!

Congratulations on the new job and your first check!! This has to be a very accomplished feeling as your SECOND BIG AMERICAN HALLMARK (the Driver's License being first)

Kolay gelsin!

Mariye

Timeline

WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAHADIR WILL BE HERE IN 10 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele and Bahadir

Congrats!!!! :dance::wow::thumbs:

I told you so He will be fine Finally i m so happy for both and i hope all of your life will be in happiness as well happened today

Mari,

Thank you so much

WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAHADIR WILL BE HERE IN 10 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele and Bahadir

Congrats!!!! :dance::wow::thumbs:

I told you so He will be fine Finally i m so happy for both and i hope all of your life will be in happiness as well happened today

Mari,

Thank you so much

ROC

Timeline

Thanks KRJ and congrats Michelle!

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Ky: If you're reading this... "I lav u!!"

Hayatim, this is for you:

Canim Kadir, “Ky“ Kocam –

Artik bulutlara yaziyorum hasretimi, yağmur yağinca anlarsin seni ne çok özlediğimi. Seni seviyorum diyen söylere değil, senin için ağlayan gözlere inan. Dudaklar yalan söyleyebilir ama gözler asla...

Uzak olmamiza rağmen hep kalbimdesin. Seni özlemeyi en çok ben bilirim. Hiç bir şey sana olan aşkımı değiştiremez, Sevgilim... ILK! Ben evli olmayı seviyorum, Bi Tanem!

Seni çok seviyorum, Ky.

Karını,

Mariye

Timeline

Congratulations micheleandbahadir i am realy happy for you. you did it...bahadir enjoy the the food in turkey drink alot of tea ...

Thank you! Yes I am getting him to bring the teapot he likes! And we have a great international market here with the kinds of tea he likes! The food I know a few dishes but have to learn more!!! :)

Wow I am loving all the approvals out of Ankara this week!!!!!!

TEBR%C4%B0KLER.gif

To: Melinda & Bayram & Bahachelle!

AmeriTurks celebrate alongside you.

549px-Flag_of_US_and_Turkey.svg.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1283364613630

We also had another AMERITURK couple approved on the same day we were! Tamila and Janik. Bahadir and Seyran(Janik) met and kept each other busy till the interview! We were very happy that they were approved too!!!

Timeline

Heyy AmeriTurkFamily,

Here is our facebook group i want to see all of you here

Nobody is adding ?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/AmeriTurkFamily

Michele,

His passport and visa will be on hand monday and there is a yellow envelope he should not open it Conrats again !!

ROC

Thank you! Yes I am getting him to bring the teapot he likes! And we have a great international market here with the kinds of tea he likes! The food I know a few dishes but have to learn more!!! :)

Congrats Michelle and Bahadir! Finally it is almost over and you will be together soooooonnnnnn! :yes: I am sure you are ecstatic to say the least!!!! I wish many many years of happiness to the two of you! We are still waiting for AP to be done :wacko:.........I miss him so bad and cannot wait for us to be together here in the USA in our house!:dance:

Kelly and Fatih

We also had another AMERITURK couple approved on the same day we were! Tamila and Janik. Bahadir and Seyran(Janik) met and kept each other busy till the interview! We were very happy that they were approved too!!!

Edited by Luckywife2007

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.