KiwiBird

Screwed Up! Just sent in form and fee!

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to hear about this tough situation,

If you can tolerate waiting, then you can wait for a responce from them...With the unpredictable way the USCIS operates, who knows? They might actually just send you a RFE for the missing stuff. The likelyhood of this is low, but it is still possibe. If you cannot tolerate the uncertanty, and cannot afford the time that can be potentially wasted if they regect the application, then the other option is to send in a brand new application/petition now, and send a separate request to cancel your prior (current) application, stating the specific case number on the NOA.

What was interesting was that you said that an actual immigration officer told you that there was "no problem" with your application...WOW! I am not sure if she was just trying to push you away or if she was serious. I would definately get a second opinion from another "real" immigration officer.

Good Luck, and wish you all the best. You are a strong man for being calm and patient. :thumbs:

I'm not sure if the 'officer' was really an officer, or just another tier of customer service. And I'm certainly trying to be calm and patient. It's making me ill though! :P

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I made the same mistake and waisted two months. I wish i would have taken the chance and sent in my info before they denied me. Honestly sending it wont delay anything, maybe it will catch up maybe it wont.

At worst you lose a few bucks on postage in hopes of not getting a denial.

But hey its just a thought, i dont work their and i dont know the process they follow.

But what i do know is if you put in an expidite request the person working on your file HAS to pull it and review it and either send you an expidite denial like the one i got below:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

75 LOWER WELDEN STREET

SAINT ALBANS,VT 05479

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Friday, May 21, 2010

Emailed to

Dear M. :

On 05/20/2010 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 04/22/2010

Receipt #:

Referral ID:

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

--

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

--

Type of service requested:

-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

This expedite request has been denied.

An expedite request must meet one of the following criteria:

Humanitarian

Extreme Emergency

Severe Financial Loss

Service Error (Does not apply to data entry errors)

The documents that you submitted failed to establish a level of extreme concern that would meet one of these criteria. It is the sole responsibility of the person making the expedite request to establish and support the request.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

I never submitted any documents and it said i did and that pissed me off, a month later i received my denial letter. At that time i was not aware that i had needed to send anything with my application due to listening to the idiots at their 800 #. Then i read all the stuff here finally and started bangin my head into the wall.

If you can get them to let you send in documents then you can send in everything. if i had it to do all over again i would say i was dieing or something that way they woudl ahve to ask for prooof :) then i would send in my entire package with a letter saying i was gonna kick the bucket due to severe fiance withdrawal syndrome :)

and this email came from the guy who actually denied my petition.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

That is exactly what we did last June 2009, they cashed our check right away and sent our NOA1. We didnt hear anything until four months later when we were denied. We didnt get an RFE or any chance to make things right. Hopefully it wont work out like that for you guys.

03-16-2011 -- MARRIAGE!!! so happy:)

Adjustment of Status

3-30-2011 -- (day 00) AOS package sent (AOS, EAD and AP)

4-02-2011 -- (day 01) Package delivered

4-06-2011 -- (day 05) NOA1 Text

4-09-2011 -- (day 08) NOA1 Hardcopy

4-16-2011 -- (day 15) Biometrics appt received (May 9, 2011)

4-22-2011 -- (day 21) Case Transfered to CSC

5-09-2011 -- (day 38) Biometrics taken

5-24-2011 -- (day 53) EAD card production ordered

5-27-2011 -- (day 56) I485 Card Production ordered!!!

6-02-2011 -- (day 62) Welcome Letter Received

6-03-2011 -- (day 63) Green Card and EAD/AP Cards RECEIVED!!!

Done with Immigration for TWO WHOLE YEARS!!!

oycak7.png

I could totally try the expedite thing.. but what form would I use for it? I was only seeing on the Uscis site that they say to call for an expedite request.

I'll probably send in a copy of the info with the case number plastered all over it. And hope it gets tossed into the same box as my petition. I'm just not sure what paper to stick on top. Ugh, this stress and potentially having to wait another five months is making me sick.

Spoiler

Timeline

I could totally try the expedite thing.. but what form would I use for it? I was only seeing on the Uscis site that they say to call for an expedite request.

I'll probably send in a copy of the info with the case number plastered all over it. And hope it gets tossed into the same box as my petition. I'm just not sure what paper to stick on top. Ugh, this stress and potentially having to wait another five months is making me sick.

Cant tell you what to use, but i can tell you what I used.

I told them severe financial loss on my part and my SO's. which is a bit of a stretch :). you just need to come up with a something you can stretch to get them to at least request that you send in paperwork.

I used to have some lung issues that were affecting me really bad. had I met my cath around that time i would have used that as an expidite and my doctor would have stretched it out for me cause they had no idea what was wrong with me, i mean there were times when i thought i was gonna die.

just take a look at your life and see what can possibly fit into one of the expidite categories, mind you the expidite will get turned down,but thats not what you want. you just want them to request the info.

No no, I wasn't asking what reasons to submit. I was asking if there was a specific form to use. On their site, they say to just call for an expedite request. I'd want to send in a form with all the other information attached.

Spoiler

Timeline

ah, nope no form just call or write a letter. I called and they emailed the officer handling my case who in turn emailed me a denial.

So I figured instead of trying to call to get (mis)information from the Call Center... and guessing about what to do, I emailed the Service Center directly.

Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 3:28 PM

To: CSC-NCSC-FollowUp

Subject: Case Related Inquiry

Hello,

I've been given really conflicting information from the USCIS Call Center. (Awful service there... It's all 'canned' information and they conflict each other. You never know what is actually true!)

I need to send in some documentation for a petition that is Pending. I was told to wait until USCIS requested it. However, I have seen people in my same exact situation wait for a Request, only to be denied for not having the documentation! Where can I send required information to be match up with my petition before USCIS reviews it? I have been waiting since Sept. and would NOT be pleased to be denied because USCIS couldn't tell me how to send in the information. I am not waiting another 5 months for my fiance. (5 months is an absurd amount of time for bringing a loved one over.)

Where can I send my information to be matched up to my original petition? Is there a guarantee it will be placed with my petition? I do not want to risk a denial because USCIS did not ask for the documentation.

Thank you. KiwiBird

AND I ACTUALLY GOT A REAL REPLY! I was kind of impressed.

Thank you for your inquiry. This email address is intended only for follow up on inquiries submitted through the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283 or via TTY at 1-800-767-1833.

As a courtesy, if you wish to send additional documents to support your pending petition, you may send it to the address listed on the I-797, Notice of Receipt that was mailed to you on September 14, 2010.

In the future, please be reminded that all case related inquiries must be addressed to the NCSC first. A customer service representative should be able to assist you when you call the above toll-free number.

If representatives are unable to provide information regarding your case, they will create a service request for the appropriate USCIS office that has jurisdiction over your case to answer your questions and concerns. These referrals must be identified by “Referral ID’s” assigned by NCSC.

R. Crisostomo

Immigration Services Officer

California Service Center

Congressional and Customer Relations Division

So I braved it and just mailed the packet in to the CSC. Worst case scenario is that it gets lost or never makes it to my original petition, which is what would have happened if I didn't send it in at all. If it doesn't work, I'm out $4.95 for postage.

I figure it was worth a shot!

Spoiler

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

This thread has me worried now.

I sent in my packet and received NOA1 in October.

With the I-129f I included the G325A forms;

copy of USC passport pages to show citizenship;

statement of intent to marry signed by both of us;

one photo of us together (did not realize we should sign or date the back of it);

one passport photo for each of us with names printed on rear;

a copy of my plane ticket out of the US showing the same date as on the forms and statement. (I flew out of the US the day we filed).

So I feel I left the packet quite light on evidence of having met.

His passport does have a stamp showing he entered my country but the stamp is not easy to read and don't know if they would bother flipping through all the photocopies of his passport pages to see it.

I have plenty more evidence of having met that I could send in. Unfortunately we filed in a hurry as I was leaving the country and it is only now that I see how much evidence other people have included with their petition. At the time I thought I had included enough.

I always thought I would just get an RFE if this was not sufficient. Now this thread has me worried that it will be denied outright!

Considering I have provided evidence, albeit a small amount, do you think I might receive an RFE or an outright denial?

This thread has me worried now.

I sent in my packet and received NOA1 in October.

With the I-129f I included the G325A forms;

copy of USC passport pages to show citizenship;

statement of intent to marry signed by both of us;

one photo of us together (did not realize we should sign or date the back of it);

one passport photo for each of us with names printed on rear;

a copy of my plane ticket out of the US showing the same date as on the forms and statement. (I flew out of the US the day we filed).

So I feel I left the packet quite light on evidence of having met.

His passport does have a stamp showing he entered my country but the stamp is not easy to read and don't know if they would bother flipping through all the photocopies of his passport pages to see it.

I have plenty more evidence of having met that I could send in. Unfortunately we filed in a hurry as I was leaving the country and it is only now that I see how much evidence other people have included with their petition. At the time I thought I had included enough.

I always thought I would just get an RFE if this was not sufficient. Now this thread has me worried that it will be denied outright!

Considering I have provided evidence, albeit a small amount, do you think I might receive an RFE or an outright denial?

Your case is different from the OP's. I think in your case you would get an RFE for more evidence, if what you sent wasnt sufficient. However, you did send primary (USC passport copies) and secondary evidence (even if it is only one picture). I think youa re worried, as we all are, but you will hopefully be fine. Unfortunately, there is just no way to tell. Good luck.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

• 5 weeks later...

Here's an UPDATE for those that are curious!

I got the text today saying my petition has been APPROVED!!!

I can only think that my paperwork was matched up to my petition when I sent it in. There is NO way they would have approved it without an RFE without it! I had called last week to ask if my papers had been added to my petition, and the Call Center had no record of it. So I figured I'd just wait longer for my inevitable RFE.

But today, we got approved without any RFE at all!!!

So my advice to anyone who has made this mistake of sending JUST the I-129F and the fee... gather your packet and mail it to your service center with your NoA1 copy on top. It can prevent your petition from being denied as well as an RFE. I took the chance and mailed it in... and it was worth it!!!

Yay!!!! NoA2!!!!! :)

Spoiler

Here's an UPDATE for those that are curious!

I got the text today saying my petition has been APPROVED!!!

I can only think that my paperwork was matched up to my petition when I sent it in. There is NO way they would have approved it without an RFE without it! I had called last week to ask if my papers had been added to my petition, and the Call Center had no record of it. So I figured I'd just wait longer for my inevitable RFE.

But today, we got approved without any RFE at all!!!

So my advice to anyone who has made this mistake of sending JUST the I-129F and the fee... gather your packet and mail it to your service center with your NoA1 copy on top. It can prevent your petition from being denied as well as an RFE. I took the chance and mailed it in... and it was worth it!!!

Yay!!!! NoA2!!!!! :)

This is fantastic news!!! I am so, so, so happy for you. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

CONGRATS Kiwibird!!!!!

I thought for sure you were going to get RFE'd so this is such an amazing surprise. I'm so incredibly happy for you!

Edited by dogspot

congratulations! good thing you were proactive about it!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.