milimelo

N400 August 2010 Filers

314 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I bet you get a biometric letter also or at least the first NOA. From what I have been told by others going through this in past 12 months, it is not uncommon for a person to receive a yellow letter stating the RFE part and on same letter your biometric date. And some have told me it came in white letter so who knows why. But usually either color letter would have your biometric date on it usually. And some have told me their interview letter would come with yellow letter and stating RFE to bring for interview so who knows for sure why they do that or use different colors. Seems like now if you get RFE you simply bring it with you on into the interview, to be honest it is kind of confusing since it does not seem to be like the normal or traditional type of RFE letter one would get in prior I485(2 yr GC) or I751(10 yr GC) filings before USCIS would let you move forward. Anyway, sounds like you are in good shape and moving right along. I put you on the updated list for August filers! I hope Yakima, Washington is ok, it is the only one I know of in USA.

:thumbs:

Thanks very much !

I can't find out how long the gap is from interview to ceremony there, but I will ask at both FP and interview...

Yes the USCIS are pretty much unpredictable so anything can happen..

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

to be honest it is kind of confusing since it does not seem to be like the normal or traditional type of RFE letter one would get in prior I485(2 yr GC) or I751(10 yr GC) filings before USCIS would let you move forward.

I agree. It's very confusing to read that a RFE is a letter notifying the date of biometrics. RFE had previously always meant they wanted something more from the initial application.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Right on spot SirLancelot, I agree with you 10000000000%! :thumbs:

I agree. It's very confusing to read that a RFE is a letter notifying the date of biometrics. RFE had previously always meant they wanted something more from the initial application.

Timeline

No problem.

You might do a search on the N400 thread to see if any others went through Yakima office and if they were able to take oath same day they interviewed or how long it takes in between or you could any previous members on VJ you find that went through Yakima office and ask them how it went. That is what I did for St Louis field office. Sadly in STL, no oath allowed on same day of interview if approved, have to wait for several days or weeks for oath ceremony letter and usually oath is like 2 weeks later due to fact they want to corral up a large batch of new immigrants to take oath all at the same time instead of doing it daily or weekly unless in area where it is large enough numbers to happen daily or weekly! Looks like the rate fee hikes from 2007 and the economic downturn hitting at same time have really slowed down these N400 filings this year. Which is good for us now, means we should get through this much faster than normal, with less numbers filing! :star:

Thanks very much !

I can't find out how long the gap is from interview to ceremony there, but I will ask at both FP and interview...

Yes the USCIS are pretty much unpredictable so anything can happen..

Timeline

No problem.

You might do a search on the N400 thread to see if any others went through Yakima office and if they were able to take oath same day they interviewed or how long it takes in between or you could any previous members on VJ you find that went through Yakima office and ask them how it went. That is what I did for St Louis field office. Sadly in STL, no oath allowed on same day of interview if approved, have to wait for several days or weeks for oath ceremony letter and usually oath is like 2 weeks later due to fact they want to corral up a large batch of new immigrants to take oath all at the same time instead of doing it daily or weekly unless in area where it is large enough numbers to happen daily or weekly! Looks like the rate fee hikes from 2007 and the economic downturn hitting at same time have really slowed down these N400 filings this year. Which is good for us now, means we should get through this much faster than normal, with less numbers filing! :star:

yeah mine is spooky fast (so far !)

I have tried searching members with filter on for yakima office

Tried it on naturalization pending and naturalization completed but its a blank

I know they have ceremonies at various towns around the State so it will be a 'save em up' job I reckon

moresheep400100.jpg

Adding my timeline (or should I say hubby's!) :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:

1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.

3. Click "Reply" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.

4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.

5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size [2]

6. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

**For more detailed instructions with screen-shots "CLICK HERE"**

=============================

N-400: August 2010 Applicants

======================================

USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

UserName............Sent.....ChkCashd...NOA.....Fprints...IntLtr....Interview....Oath......FieldOffice

derekkj...........08/03/10..08/11/10..08/12/10..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--.....Washington, DC

TracyTN...........08/20/10......................--/--/--..--/--/---.--/--/--..--/--/--.....Memphis, TN

================================

USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

UserName.........Sent.....ChkCashd......NOA......Fprints...IntLtr...Intview....Oath....FieldOffice

B&P ..........08/02/10...08/06/10...08/06/10..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...Milwaukee, WI

kobeya........08/06/10...--/--/--...--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...San Francisco, CA

saywhat.......08/09/10...08/13/10...08/15/10..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...Yakima, WA

SirLancelot...08/16/10...--/--/--...--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...San Jose, CA

ZQT3344.......08/17/10...--/--/--...--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...St. Louis, MO

===========================================================================

USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)

UserName............Sent.....ChkCashd...NOA.....Fprints...Int Ltr...Intview...Oath......FieldOffice

Example...........--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..City, ST

SA4userbar.jpg

We just had a signature confirmation ^_^ from usps

Adding my timeline for my 319(b)

-------------------------------------------------------

UserName............Sent.....ChkCashd...NOA.....Fprints...IntLtr....Interview....Oath......FieldOffice

derekkj...........08/03/10..08/11/10..08/12/10..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--.....Washington, DC

TracyTN...........08/20/10......................--/--/--..--/--/---.--/--/--..--/--/--.....Memphis, TN

UserName.........Sent.....ChkCashd......NOA......Fprints...IntLtr...Intview....Oath....FieldOffice

B&P ..........08/02/10...08/06/10...08/06/10..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...Milwaukee, WI

kobeya........08/06/10...--/--/--...--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...San Francisco, CA

saywhat.......08/09/10...08/13/10...08/15/10..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...Yakima, WA

SirLancelot...08/16/10...--/--/--...--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...San Jose, CA

ZQT3344.......08/17/10...--/--/--...--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...St. Louis, MO

UserName............Sent.....ChkCashd...NOA.....Fprints...Int Ltr...Intview...Oath......FieldOffice

missy0090.........08/14/10..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..City, ST

Example...........--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..City, ST

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Add me to the list filed August 12th

N-400

=====

2010-12-08: Packaged Sent.

2010-14-08: Package delivered to Arizona Pheonix Box.

2010-20-08: email and text from USCIS application processing.

2010-21-08: check cashed

2010-23-08: Notice of Action received in the Mail.

2010-25-08: RFE by txt and email - (mailed 24th)

2010-27-08: REF received by mail (Biometrics appt)

2010-17-09: Fingerprints and Biometrics appt.

2010-08-12: Case was moved to the local office in Detroit :)

2010-14-12: Interview letter received dated Dec8th

2011-01-18: Interview at 8 am in January 8th. YAAAAAAAAHO :)still was pending

2011-03-17: Approved and oath letter in the mail

My mother IR5:

==============

2011-08-16: Package sent

2011-08-22nd: NOA1 recieved

Timeline

Bigbear.......08/12/10...08/21/10...--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...Detroit, MI

missy0090.........08/14/10..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..City, ST

Example...........--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..City, ST [/font]

Timeline

UPDATE:

N-400 timeline:

August 09, 2010...Mailed N-400 USPS Express Mail to street address Phoenix

August 10, 2010...Delivery confirmed USCIS Phoenix USPS Express Mail

August 13, 2010...Check for $675.00 clears my bank (Friday the 13th ! oh no)

August 15, 2010...22.38PT - email receipt with case number (NBC*xxxxxxxxx)from USCIS

August 16, 2010...Case available on my account at USCIS - Initial Processing

August 17, 2010...Case 'touched' on my account at USCIS - Initial Processing

August 19, 2010...Notice of Action received from NBC Missouri mailed 16th

August 20, 2010...RFE for Biometrics by txt and email - (mailed 18th)

August 23, 2010...Biometrics appt received. Notice date 19th, appointment September 2

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

saywhat.......08/09/10...08/13/10...08/15/10..09/02/10..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...Yakima, WA

Bigbear.......08/12/10...08/21/10...--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--...Detroit, MI

missy0090.........08/14/10..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..

Timeline

Wow you are moving at lighting speed, that is great! Already got biometric letter in hand and date to do that, within 2-4 weeks after that biometric you might have your interview appointment! :thumbs:

UPDATE:

N-400 timeline:

August 09, 2010...Mailed N-400 USPS Express Mail to street address Phoenix

August 10, 2010...Delivery confirmed USCIS Phoenix USPS Express Mail

August 13, 2010...Check for $675.00 clears my bank (Friday the 13th ! oh no)

August 15, 2010...22.38PT - email receipt with case number (NBC*xxxxxxxxx)from USCIS

August 16, 2010...Case available on my account at USCIS - Initial Processing

August 17, 2010...Case 'touched' on my account at USCIS - Initial Processing

August 19, 2010...Notice of Action received from NBC Missouri mailed 16th

August 20, 2010...RFE for Biometrics by txt and email - (mailed 18th)

August 23, 2010...Biometrics appt received. Notice date 19th, appointment September 2

Timeline

Wow you are moving at lighting speed, that is great! Already got biometric letter in hand and date to do that, within 2-4 weeks after that biometric you might have your interview appointment! :thumbs:

I know it's embarrassing - had to reschedule UK holiday

Now leaving 11th and returning 19th sept. I bet the interview letter is waiting for us !

But they always give 3 4 or 5 weeeks notice of interview so should be perfect !

Weird - as we have been switched to Spokane for FP which is 200 miles away rather than Yakima which is my local... even Seattle is 140 miles..not complaining - just going with the flow...

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

what did you guys use to attach all those pages in the naturalization application before mailing it?

My Husband's naturalization timeline:
08/25/10: My Husband finally posts his naturalization application
09/01/10: Text message & e-mail notification acknowledging receipt of application. Forwarded to NBC
09/04/10: I-797 Received in the mail. Priority Date: August 30th 2010
02/02/11: Naturalization Interview (Postponed due to weather and probably backlogged)
03/11/11: Naturalization Interview..........PASSED!!!!!!!!
04/20/11: Oath Ceremony

02/04/11: Civil Marriage Ceremony in New York
02/05/12: Religious Marriage Ceremony in Barbados

USCIS
05/09/12: I-130 Sent
05/14/12: I-130 NOA1
01/17/13: I-130 NOA2

NVC
02/04/13: NVC Received
02/21/13: Case number assigned
02/22/13: Called and got case number & gave e-mail addresses
02/24/13: Emailed DS3032
02/25/13: AOS bill generated and paid
03/06/13: DS3032 Accepted
03/06/13: AOS appears as "PAID"
03/07/13: IV bill generated and paid
03/08/13: IV bill shows as "PAID"
03/11/13: Mailed AOS & IV Packets
03/13/13: NVC Received AOS & IV Packets
03/26/13: Case Complete!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!

04/10/13: Medical Exam
05/08/13: Interview

event.png

Filed: Other Timeline

I know it's embarrassing - had to reschedule UK holiday

Now leaving 11th and returning 19th sept. I bet the interview letter is waiting for us !

But they always give 3 4 or 5 weeeks notice of interview so should be perfect !

Weird - as we have been switched to Spokane for FP which is 200 miles away rather than Yakima which is my local... even Seattle is 140 miles..not complaining - just going with the flow...

You should definitely complain. There is no reason to make you drive 200 miles to a distant facility when a local one will suffice. That is just BS. I would contact them. 400 miles round trip is quite a bit in terms of wasted gas--bad for both your pocket and for the environment.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.