5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I just called a civil surgeon to schedule an appointment to have the I-693 completed. She asked me if I had a TB test, to which I answered no, but I got chest X-rays.

She said that chest X-rays are only requested when the subject has something (such as positive TB test), but the fact is that at the US consulate where I did the whole thing they were giving X-rays to everybody, and no TB test whatsoever. Moreover: I don't have TB, and if I did, they let me in and I've been in the US for almost 3 months already.

So she asked if I have an X-rays report, but I don't have anything like that. I only have a form called DS-3025 and the X-rays. That's it.

so tomorrow I'll need to get a TB test and I'll have to go back on thursday to have it checked.

I feel like someone screwed something up along the path. or that someone is trying to make some money out of an immigrant's pocket. any ideas?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just called a civil surgeon to schedule an appointment to have the I-693 completed. She asked me if I had a TB test, to which I answered no, but I got chest X-rays.

She said that chest X-rays are only requested when the subject has something (such as positive TB test), but the fact is that at the US consulate where I did the whole thing they were giving X-rays to everybody, and no TB test whatsoever. Moreover: I don't have TB, and if I did, they let me in and I've been in the US for almost 3 months already.

So she asked if I have an X-rays report, but I don't have anything like that. I only have a form called DS-3025 and the X-rays. That's it.

so tomorrow I'll need to get a TB test and I'll have to go back on thursday to have it checked.

I feel like someone screwed something up along the path. or that someone is trying to make some money out of an immigrant's pocket. any ideas?

You DID have a TB test. It was the xray. You didn't get a SKIN test and you don't need one now either.

There are several hundred posts on this issue. Here are some by me which will help you explain to your CS that you don't need a TB skin test:

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/260640-tb-skin-test/page__view__findpost__p__4000612

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/260333-where-is-tb-on-ds-3025/page__view__findpost__p__3994622

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251865-vaccination-certification-questions/page__view__findpost__p__3875313 (this one is the longest explanation)

And just to add to the previous. My CS tried to force a TB skin test on me. I refused and showed the documents that I mentioned in some of the previous posts. I think she told me something like she'd do it but I'd have to pay all over again if I was RFE'd for it. I said fine.

I wasn't RFE'd and I have my greencard now. No RFE's, no interview.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

You DID have a TB test. It was the xray. You didn't get a SKIN test and you don't need one now either.

There are several hundred posts on this issue. Here are some by me which will help you explain to your CS that you don't need a TB skin test:

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/260640-tb-skin-test/page__view__findpost__p__4000612

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/260333-where-is-tb-on-ds-3025/page__view__findpost__p__3994622

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251865-vaccination-certification-questions/page__view__findpost__p__3875313 (this one is the longest explanation)

And just to add to the previous. My CS tried to force a TB skin test on me. I refused and showed the documents that I mentioned in some of the previous posts. I think she told me something like she'd do it but I'd have to pay all over again if I was RFE'd for it. I said fine.

I wasn't RFE'd and I have my greencard now. No RFE's, no interview.

yeah, that's what I told the doctor. but she insisted that either I had a skin tb test, or an xray test with test report.

she said that the xray by itself is worth nothing, unless I have an accompanying report.

that's why she said that I'd need a skin test.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

yeah, that's what I told the doctor. but she insisted that either I had a skin tb test, or an xray test with test report.

she said that the xray by itself is worth nothing, unless I have an accompanying report.

that's why she said that I'd need a skin test.

Okay. She has NOTHING TO DO with your TB skin test, or TB xray or anything else like that. Please read the links I posted. You complete part 1 (about you), she completes part 2 (Vaccintion table ONLY) and part 5. That's all. it's there in the instructions. If you wanna do it though that's up to you.

Timeline

Okay. She has NOTHING TO DO with your TB skin test, or TB xray or anything else like that. Please read the links I posted. You complete part 1 (about you), she completes part 2 (Vaccintion table ONLY) and part 5. That's all. it's there in the instructions. If you wanna do it though that's up to you.

absolutely, i don't want to do anything unnecessary: I will bring the instructions with me to the doctor and if she keeps insisting I will just leave. I don't have money to waste nor I like being poked in my arm for no reason.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.