angelwithoutwings

medical exam causes of failure

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I just want to know generally what are the causes for failing medical exam?? Small things like having hemorrhoids or alike would be a reason to fail the exam? pls. help..

thanks..any enlightenment will be appreciated..

:)

Romance is the appreciation of two people who are celebrating the lucky coincidence that they found each other.

Timeline

hi,I am currently working in Australian Visas,.evry Embassy have the same criteria when it comes to medical,.any communicable diseases will hold up your application.,.eg.Tuberculosis(which u need treatment) and HIV's.,.if an applicant undergone from surgery all they need to show was the medical certificate from their physician.Hope this lil explanation will clear things out.

Rach

Hi Guys,

I just want to know generally what are the causes for failing medical exam?? Small things like having hemorrhoids or alike would be a reason to fail the exam? pls. help..

Timeline
hi,I am currently working in Australian Visas,.evry Embassy have the same criteria when it comes to medical,.any communicable diseases will hold up your application.,.eg.Tuberculosis(which u need treatment) and HIV's.,.if an applicant undergone from surgery all they need to show was the medical certificate from their physician.Hope this lil explanation will clear things out.

Rach

Thank you Rach, however I have a friend with hemorrhoids would it be a reason for her not to pass??anyway its not communicable..I guess I answered my question but I just want to hear it from other people aside from my own conclusion..thanks

Romance is the appreciation of two people who are celebrating the lucky coincidence that they found each other.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Thank you Rach, however I have a friend with hemorrhoids would it be a reason for her not to pass??anyway its not communicable..I guess I answered my question but I just want to hear it from other people aside from my own conclusion..thanks

That is not a cause for failure of the standard medical exam for visa or immigration.

~Johnny~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

"any communicable diseases will hold up your application.,.eg.Tuberculosis(which u need treatment) and HIV's"

I believe that HIV was taken off the list several months ago.

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can get the actual form the Civil Surgeon fills out from USCIS (I-693). If you check the instructions you'll see for what they actually test.

Edited by Spoom

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

Timeline
You can get the actual form the Civil Surgeon fills out from USCIS (I-693). If you check the instructions you'll see for what they actually test.

Great! thank you for all the responses..it really helps..greatly appreciate it

:D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
"any communicable diseases will hold up your application.,.eg.Tuberculosis(which u need treatment) and HIV's"

I believe that HIV was taken off the list several months ago.

Alan

HIV,TB and HEPA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

HIV is no longer a cause for denial. That ban was overturned by Obama in January.

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

One of the biggies I've seen to raise a red flag is admitting to the physician the abuse or use of illegal drugs at any time. It's my understanding that it could cause one to be denied a visa and or determined inadmissible to the US depending on the circumstances.

Check our Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
One of the biggies I've seen to raise a red flag is admitting to the physician the abuse or use of illegal drugs at any time. It's my understanding that it could cause one to be denied a visa and or determined inadmissible to the US depending on the circumstances.

I've read in some instances where this causes delays.

Edited by duplantisjj

~Johnny~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Another possible cause for failure is having had psychological problems with episodes of harm to self or others. Additional medical and psychological evidence is often requested.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi Guys,

Hemorrhoids are just a pain in the @ss. Communicable diseases that are no ttreated and drug use.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Hi Guys,

thanks for posting ..i need to know as well..this is interesting =)

God bless

Nik's medical was delayed until he saw his GP about the high blood pressure readings they took when he was in. For that sort of thing, a trip or two to your regular doctor and a faxed note did the trick.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.