Merrytooth

K1 Visa reissued - Will there be problem at the Airport US Immigration Customs?

11 posts in this topic

I am foreign fiancee of US Citizen. I entered US on 24th Dec 2009 on K1 Visa. Due to work emergency, I have to leave US before getting married, on 18th Jan 2010. It was really unfortunate because we didn't know if I can still enter back US on K1 visa again. OR we need to restart the K1 I-129F petition again.

After searching forums online, managed to get the information about reissuance of K-1 Visa.

9 FAM 41.81 N6.3 Reissuance of K-1 Visa

(TL:VISA-2; 08-30-1987)

If a K-1 visa, valid for a single entry and a 6-month period, has already been

used for admission into the United States and the alien fiancé(e) has

returned abroad prior to the marriage, the consular officer may issue a new

K visa, provided that the period of validity does not exceed the 90th day

after the date of initial admission of the alien on the original K visa and

provided also that the petitioner and beneficiary still intend and are free to

marry. The aliens return to the United States and marriage to the petitioner

must take place within 90 days from the date of the original admission into

the United States in K status.

I applied for the reissuance of K-1 Visa at my country Singapore US Embassy. Before that I have to resubmit all the forms and documents based on the K1 visa checklist again => I-134 Affidavit of Support, New Police Record and New Medical Report. Freaking nervous attending the interview US embassy, expecting the worst.

However, after intense questioning, US Embassy agreed to re-issue me K1 Visa. Will be collecting my passport next week.

Based on the rule of Reissuance of K-1 Visa: My Fiance and I have to get married within 90 days from my original admission into US (24th Dec 2009), meaning get married before 23th March 2010.

I want to know if there will be any problem at the Airport US Immigration Customs when I fly over to Minnesota?

Since the US Embassy reissued me the K1-visa, there should not be any problem.

But I am very worried. Please advise. :(:(:(

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

If they reissued the visa, you should be ok - but keep in mind that allowing entry is solely up to the CBP officer at your point of entry. In other words, no one here can tell you for sure what they will/will not do.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I am foreign fiancee of US Citizen. I entered US on 24th Dec 2009 on K1 Visa. Due to work emergency, I have to leave US before getting married, on 18th Jan 2010. It was really unfortunate because we didn't know if I can still enter back US on K1 visa again. OR we need to restart the K1 I-129F petition again.

After searching forums online, managed to get the information about reissuance of K-1 Visa.

9 FAM 41.81 N6.3 Reissuance of K-1 Visa

(TL:VISA-2; 08-30-1987)

If a K-1 visa, valid for a single entry and a 6-month period, has already been

used for admission into the United States and the alien fiancé(e) has

returned abroad prior to the marriage, the consular officer may issue a new

K visa, provided that the period of validity does not exceed the 90th day

after the date of initial admission of the alien on the original K visa and

provided also that the petitioner and beneficiary still intend and are free to

marry. The alien’s return to the United States and marriage to the petitioner

must take place within 90 days from the date of the original admission into

the United States in K status.

I applied for the reissuance of K-1 Visa at my country Singapore US Embassy. Before that I have to resubmit all the forms and documents based on the K1 visa checklist again => I-134 Affidavit of Support, New Police Record and New Medical Report. Freaking nervous attending the interview US embassy, expecting the worst.

However, after intense questioning, US Embassy agreed to re-issue me K1 Visa. Will be collecting my passport next week.

Based on the rule of Reissuance of K-1 Visa: My Fiance and I have to get married within 90 days from my original admission into US (24th Dec 2009), meaning get married before 23th March 2010.

I want to know if there will be any problem at the Airport US Immigration Customs when I fly over to Minnesota?

Since the US Embassy reissued me the K1-visa, there should not be any problem.

But I am very worried. Please advise. :(:(:(

With everything in order, there should be no problem. However, each entry is a separate decision at the time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Will the CBP officer ok to admit me when there is about 10 days left on the K1 visa, starting from original first admission date 24th Dec 2009 to keep within the 90 days? I finally managed to book a flight to fly over and reach US on 11th March 2010.

Issue me a I-94 with 10 days?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Will the CBP officer ok to admit me when there is about 10 days left on the K1 visa, starting from original first admission date 24th Dec 2009 to keep within the 90 days? I finally managed to book a flight to fly over and reach US on 11th March 2010.

if he/she decided to let you in, they will let you in.... they will probably remind you that you have only 10 days to marry

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Merrtooth - this is a hard one to call, hard to guess.

If the K-1 is revalidated in Singapore (Yay Curry Laksa ! ) then the dates SHOULD shift.

I say SHOULD ...

The regs you quoted say otherwise, though.

Have yer USC person getting ready for the civil ceremony at a courthouse - that'll be the fastest for you two - then have a wedding ceremony later in a church (if you still want)

good luck !! (Hurry Hurry ! )

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ya - I think the CBP officer will let you in.

Yer gonna be a 'strange one', though - so be prepared to go into secondary inspection (just in case).

Hang in there !!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

If the K-1 is revalidated in Singapore (Yay Curry Laksa ! ) then the dates SHOULD shift.

I say SHOULD ...

Have yer USC person getting ready for the civil ceremony at a courthouse - that'll be the fastest for you two - then have a wedding ceremony later in a church (if you still want)

Hello Darnell,

I don't understand what you mean by "The dates should shift" ? Still stick within the 90 days limitation from my first entry to US on 24th Dec 2009?

We will have simple marriage solemnization asap and ceremony/reception at much later date.

I don't understand what you mean by "The dates should shift" ? Still stick within the 90 days limitation from my first entry to US on 24th Dec 2009?

:yes:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I say SHOULD ...

No need to guess... the dates WILL NOT shift... the original 90 days period as indicated on the original I-94 will govern, and be the date to be married by

YMMV

Timeline

MerryTooth - sorry - left out a word yesterday.

The dates will NOT shift. You've the original date on the original visa, and thats it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.