wamu255

Part 10. B-AFFILIATIONS

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to file N-400 but I just have a little question hope you can help me…I posted on the wrong forum earlier too .lol.

Part 10 B - Affiliations

Do I need to mention Costco, SAM’S Club, FRY’S memberships? What about being a member with online Community like VISAJOURNEY? Did you mention that too on the form? Could you please explain this section of the form to me?

Thank you very much.

Definately not shopping memberships, I am not sure about this online communities, my best guess would be not.

I Agree....

There interested in Good Moral stuff...such as being a member of a car/bike, soccer, Church, blah blah, balh...

Online stuff has nothing to do with your Application...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I Agree....

There interested in Good Moral stuff...such as being a member of a car/bike, soccer, Church, blah blah, balh...

Online stuff has nothing to do with your Application...

I also agree. They are looking for professional organizations (i.e. American Medical Association, AARP, etc.) not memberships to retail stores and services.

Good luck!

K-1 Timeline

08-10-2007 - We first met

05-08-2009 - I proposed

12-01-2009 - 129F sent

12-04-2009 - NOA-1

12-12-2009 - NOA-1 hardcopy received

03-15-2010 - NOA-2 101 days

03-17-2010 - NVC received petition

03-18-2010 - NVC sent petition to embassy

03-20-2010 - NOA-2 hardcopy received

03-25-2010 - Embassy received petition

03-25-2010 - Embassy mailed out Packet 3

04-09-2010 - Received Packet 3 in the mail

04-12-2010 - Packet 3 faxed to embassy

06-17-2010 - INTERVIEW

06-17-2010 - VISA APPROVED!!!

07-17-2010 - POE in Miami

09-25-2010 - Wedding date!

AOS Timeline

11-03-2010 - Express mailed AOS packet via USPS

11-05-2010 - Chicago Lockbox received packet

11-18-2010 - Received notice for Biometrics appointment

12-13-2010 - Biometrics appointment

12-15-2010 - Petition transferred to CSC

01-27-2011 - Received AP and EAD card in the mail

02-07-2011 - Case transferred to National Benefits Center in Missouri from CSC

02-15-2011 - Received interview letter in the mail dated for March 22nd

03-22-2011 - AOS interview date

03-22-2011 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!

03-30-2011 - Received green card in the mail.

I suspect they're REALLY interested in things like membership in the Communist Party, the local wing of Al Quaeda, that sort of thing. But it doesn't hurt to write down membership in anything that they're not interested in. They'll just ignore things they're not interested in. And by writing it down, you make it impossible for them to later try and get you for misrepresentation because of omitting your membership in that group. The instructions are vague (probably intentionally so) so they don't really give you explicit permission to omit anything. So if in doubt, disclose it and be done with it.

One note: if the name of the organization doesn't immediately make it obvious what the organization is, you may want to put a brief explanation in parentheses. That's especially true if the organization has an obscure acronym that it uses for a name.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

I suspect they're REALLY interested in things like membership in the Communist Party, the local wing of Al Quaeda, that sort of thing. But it doesn't hurt to write down membership in anything that they're not interested in. They'll just ignore things they're not interested in. And by writing it down, you make it impossible for them to later try and get you for misrepresentation because of omitting your membership in that group. The instructions are vague (probably intentionally so) so they don't really give you explicit permission to omit anything. So if in doubt, disclose it and be done with it.

One note: if the name of the organization doesn't immediately make it obvious what the organization is, you may want to put a brief explanation in parentheses. That's especially true if the organization has an obscure acronym that it uses for a name.

I like this advice. I will be doing this when I apply...

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Doing what?... saying that your a proud member of sams Club or VJ website..... :whistle:

I was referring to lucyrich's suggestion, where you list what you are affiliated with and let them disregard the ones that they don't want to consider. I don't think I will add Sam's club or Costco for that matter, even VJ, but I might add cultural clubs I was involved with in the university. They may consider them useless or insignificant, but it is better to list them than they find them and ask about them, and then claim you are not truthful in your application.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

"Have you ever been a member of or associated with any organization, association, fund

foundation, party, club, society or similar group in the United States or in any other place?"

Questioned my attorney on this, wife was part of that Smiles organization "Operation Smile, Johnson & Johnson de Venezuela S.A", here, she did volunteer work for the American Red Cross, United Way, American Red Cross, and a couple of others. All fund raising organizations, and that is exactly what this question asks. So we listed all of those. Her IO didn't have any comments about this. We were advised to list these organizations by our attorney who also stated it's a nebulous question.

Question 9 is a bit more detailed.

a. The Communist Party? Yes No

b. Any other totalitarian party? Yes No

c. A terrorist organization? Yes No

She answered No to all of these. You would like to assume the organizations they are referring to are all anti-American organizations, but the question doesn't state that. Her volunteering while waiting for her EAD was both good and bad, good in the sense, everyone of importance in town knew how good she was, when she got her EAD was hired instantly. The bad part is that many organizations got a hold of her name, only 24 hours in a day. She also volunteered for our hospital, but we didn't list that, was private and NOT fund raising.

"Have you ever been a member of or associated with any organization, association, fund

foundation, party, club, society or similar group in the United States or in any other place?"

Questioned my attorney on this, wife was part of that Smiles organization "Operation Smile, Johnson & Johnson de Venezuela S.A", here, she did volunteer work for the American Red Cross, United Way, American Red Cross, and a couple of others. All fund raising organizations, and that is exactly what this question asks. So we listed all of those. Her IO didn't have any comments about this. We were advised to list these organizations by our attorney who also stated it's a nebulous question.

Question 9 is a bit more detailed.

a. The Communist Party? Yes No

b. Any other totalitarian party? Yes No

c. A terrorist organization? Yes No

She answered No to all of these. You would like to assume the organizations they are referring to are all anti-American organizations, the question doesn't state that. Her volunteering while waiting for her EAD was both good and bad, good in the sense, everyone of importance in town knew how good she was, when she got her EAD was hired instantly. The bad part is that many organizations got a hold of her name, only 24 hours in a day. She also volunteered for our hospital, but we didn't list that, was private and NOT fund raising.

That's what I'm thinking as well based on the questions following Q#8.. I'm thinking of answering "no". But I'll inform the interviewing officer of my academic/professional affiliations. The officer can simply cross out my answer and add whatever he/she thinks needs to be added or modified.

Edited by ~krakatoa~

I am also having problems on how to answer this one, but then I decided to click "YES" and wrote 2 professional organizations (Philippine College of Physicians and Philippine Medical Associations since they said in the United States or in any other place), they may disregard my answer but better be truthful I think. Hopefully there's no right or wrong answers to this one.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

• 3 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am freaking out now. I already submitted my application. I didn't think of school clubs when answering that question so I didn't mention them. Will it be a problem to me ? Should I fix it now ? some people say I can correct them in the interview. Do you think if I should correct them now or correct them at the interview ?

Filed: Timeline

At the interview, you can say that you misunderstood the question and you have school club memberships that you need to mention. Don't freak out..you will be allright!

N-400 Package Mailed, from MA to Dallas, TX: 09/13/2013
USPS Priority mail, signature required. Scheduled for Monday delivery 9/16/2013
Delivered 9/16/2013
Checks Cashed (husband and wife) and Received Text Msgs and Emails 09/18/2013
Biometrics Appmnt Done: 10/11/2013
Online Status Changed to "Testing and Interview" on 10/15/2013

Recvd Yellow Letter 12/2/2013
Online update to "Scheduled for interview" 12/16/2013

IL Received on 12/23/2013, Interview at 1/23/2014 in Boston,MA

Oath done 03/20/2014..US Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

What about International Brotherhood of Teamsters, should I put it since i became a member automatically when i started my job? (That's a union organization by the way. )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.