Jepoy

Waiver letter for 2nd k1 visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, it would really be a great help if anybody can provide me a sample Waiver letter I need to file for a 2nd fiancee visa for a different person. The first relationship I had didn't go as planned and which I thank God for it because it would have been bad (some secrets I found out) and now I am into a nice and smooth relationship with another Lady and was planning to file for a fiancee visa for her.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi, it would really be a great help if anybody can provide me a sample Waiver letter I need to file for a 2nd fiancee visa for a different person. The first relationship I had didn't go as planned and which I thank God for it because it would have been bad (some secrets I found out) and now I am into a nice and smooth relationship with another Lady and was planning to file for a fiancee visa for her.

no sample letter possible because everyone's facts and circumstances are different... simply write a statement(s) explaining your situation in a brief and factual manner and end the statement(s) with "based on the previous statement(s) I hereby request a waiver from the I-129F multiple filing limitations" or something to that effect...

YMMV

• 3 weeks later...

The letter need not be complicated. Can be as simple as the sample below.

[Date]

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

[ ] Service Center

PO Box xxxxxx

Any Town, Any State

To Whom It May Concern:

In compliance with the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA), I respectfully request for waiver on filing limitations in connection with my current petition.

A waiver is appropriate in my circumstance because I have no criminal history with regard to the “specified crimes” under IMBRA. I have one prior approved Form I-129F for Ms. xxxxxxxxxxxxx of the Republic of the Philippines, WACxxxxxxxxxx, MNL2005xxxxxx. Our relationship did not work out in the end so I did not pursue the petition anymore. [You might want to add more info here as appropriate]

Hoping for your kind consideration of my request.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

x x x

Petitioner

hello i got that here in vj hope that will help... and i want to add too to the OP's question.. and hope someone can advice me... do we need to notarize the waiver or letter we will submit to the uscis...?

replies will be greatly appreciated thank u sooo much...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

• 5 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=3516048:date=Nov 23 2009, 09:04 PM:name=Jepoy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jepoy @ Nov 23 2009, 09:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3516048"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi, it would really be a great help if anybody can provide me a sample Waiver letter I need to file for a 2nd fianceevisa for a different person. The first relationship I had didn't go as planned and which I thank God for it because it would have been bad (some secrets I found out) and now I am into a nice and smooth relationship with another Lady and was planning to file for a fiancee visa for her.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Jepoy,

I have been in the same situation since I had a prior fiancee and petitioned her.

However, the relationship did not work out. Fiancee # 2 came along and I filed

a K-1 petition for her. Five months after filing, I received an RFE to submit a waiver

for the first petition.

In my situation, I maintained an amicable relationship with my ex-fiancee

and chat with her through Yahoo Messenger once in a while.

So I made a Letter of Waiver on my behalf. My ex-fiancee then signed a "Supporting formal

Letter" supporting my request why a waiver was applicable in my case.

This is just a template. Customize your Request for Waiver Letter

according to your circumstance.

The following is my Request Letter of IMBRA Waiver.

*** 8< Sample Request for IMBRA Waiver Letter >8 ***

<insert your name>

<insert your address>

<insert today's date>

<Your USCIS Service Center>

<Your Service Center address>

To Whom It May Concern:

In compliance with the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA),

I respectfully request for waiver on filing limitations in connection

with my current petition to my fiancée <your fiancee's name>, Receipt # WAC-<your fiancee's Receipt #>.

I believe a waiver is appropriate in my circumstance because I have no criminal

history with regard to the “specified crimes” under IMBRA.

I have one prior approved Form I-129F petition application for my ex-fiancee, Ms. <Ex-fiancee's name>

of the Republic of the <ex-fiancee's country of origin>, Receipt number <ex-fiancee's Receipt #>, Case number <ex-fiancee's Case #>.

Name of alien fiancee : <Ex-fiancee's name>

Place of filing : Service Center where Ex-fiancee's name K-1 was filed.

Date of filing : <insert date of filing>

Result : Petition approved by USCIS on <enter approval date>

After filing my Form I-129F petition application for Ms. <Ex-fiancee's name>,

irreconcilable differences have arisen between both parties and these

differences have led to an irremediable breakdown of our personal relationship.

We have since stopped our personal relationship and I decided not to

pursue my K-1 Fiancee petition for Ms. <Ex-fiancee's name>.

Ms. <Ex-fiancee's name> has enclosed a signed and dated

letter stating that we have stopped our personal relationship,

and did not pursue the K1/K3 fiancee visa application.

I am hoping for your kind consideration of my request.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

<make sure to sign the letter>

<insert your name>

The following is my ex-fiancee's request Letter of IMBRA Waiver:

<insert your ex-fiancee's name>

<insert your ex-fiancee's address>

<insert date she will sign the letter>

<Your USCIS Service Center>

<Your Service Center address>

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter confirms that my ex-fiancé <insert name of petitioner>

filed a K1/K3 Fiancee Visa petition on my behalf last

<insert date of filing of first K-1>, Receipt # WAC-<insert WAC # of first K-1>.

As of <insert approximate date you broke off with ex-fiancee>

irreconcilable differences have arisen between me and my

ex-fiancé <insert name of petitioner>.

My fiancé <insert name of petitioner> has not committed any physical harm,

or any “specified crimes” described under International Marriage Broker

Regulation Act (IMBRA) when we met last <insert months your dated with ex-fiancee>.

I did not file any paperwork and pursue his K1/K3 visa application when the US Embassy,

<insert country where K-1 Packet was sent to> sent a Notice of Interview for K1 Visa Application packet.

I have since moved on, and recently have been married to my current fiancé <ex-fiancee's future husband>. (if applicable)

Please consider my ex-fiancé <insert name of petitioner>’s request for waiver.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

<Remind ex-fiancee to sign the letter!! >

<Ex-fiancee's name>

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So we simply attach the letter to our I-129 Form and they will be obliged to let me forego of my new K1 petition?

Our K-1 VISA Process & NCLEX-RN Exam Status

• 04/24/2013 - I-129F Sent
  • 04/29/2013 - NOA1 Touched
  • 05/02/2013 - Left to visit my baby for the 3rd time!
  • 05/03/2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 06/04/2013 - Flight back to the U.S.
  • 07/29/2013 - NOA2 (approval text) received (only 87 days since NOA1 Notice Date)
  • 08/02/2013 - NOA2 Hardcopy received
  • 08/14/2013 - Mailed all necessary post-NOA2 docs to sweetheart in preparation for her medical/interview!
  • 08/19/2013 - Manila Case # given by NVC (exactly 3 wks since NOA2)
  • 08/26/2013 - Manila Case # Hardcopy received, perfect timing for...
  • 08/26/2013 - Our 1-year ANNIVERSARY! dancin5hr.gif
  • 08/28/2013 - Post-NOA2 docs received (only 13 days!)
  • 09/02/2013 - Filed college credentials for CGFNS
  • 09/03/2013 - Paid $240 visa fee at BPI
  • 09/03/2013 - Mailed fingerprints to MorphoTrust
  • 09/04/2013 - Interview calendar (finally) viewable
  • 09/11/2013 - Releasing of credentials @ UPH
  • 09/12/2013 - Mailed off UPH credentials to CGFNS
  • 09/16/2013 - Medical Examination
  • 09/17/2013 - Immunizations
  • 09/18/2013 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!! (< 5 months for everything!!)dancin5hr.gif
  • 09/19/2013 - Case Status: Ready
  • 09/23/2013 - Case Status: Administrative Processing
  • 09/24/2013 - Case Status: Issued!
  • 09/25/2013 - Releasing of credentials @ MCNP - pick up and send to CGFNS
blk-event.png

• 4 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I have a quick question. we are applying for K1 petition the 2nd time for the same beneficiary (fiance). Do we still need a waiver as it is the same beneficiary and less than 2 years of previous approval.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Please ask your question in a new topic that you can start, in this forum.

Thread from 2009 is closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.