Ali A.

AOS interview cancelled by USCIS

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We had our AOS interview scheduled for Tuesday, February 17th. We had everything prepared and we got a notice in the mail dated February 6th that due to unforseeable circumstances they had cancelled our interview. They will be contacting us later for re-scheduling the interview. I contacted my lawyer, he had recieved the same notice too and informed me that USCIS in Detroit is doing this to a lot of interviews because they are having a lot of power failures in the USCIS building. He said they will contact with the new interview date.

My question is anyone in the same situation or has been in the same situation. How long before they reschedule are interview. How long will be the delay. Hope we dont have to wait another 6 months!

Will it help to call up the 800 customer service? Shall I make an INFOPASS appointment. Shall I contact our Congressman/Senator's office?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about the cancellation. :(

The usual advice here is to go to the original interview appointment anyway because sometimes the staff who do the interviews were never told about the cancellation, and you could be considered to have abandoned your application if you don't show up at that time. OTOH, someone had their interview in Detroit cancelled in December, went anyway, and discovered that the "unforeseeable circumstances" were a staff Christmas party. IIRC they were rescheduled for about 6 weeks later.

On another topic, can you tell us when you filed for AOS? A couple of us have been waiting for a Detroit interview for quite a while. Thanks.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sorry to hear about the cancellation. :(

The usual advice here is to go to the original interview appointment anyway because sometimes the staff who do the interviews were never told about the cancellation, and you could be considered to have abandoned your application if you don't show up at that time. OTOH, someone had their interview in Detroit cancelled in December, went anyway, and discovered that the "unforeseeable circumstances" were a staff Christmas party. IIRC they were rescheduled for about 6 weeks later.

On another topic, can you tell us when you filed for AOS? A couple of us have been waiting for a Detroit interview for quite a while. Thanks.

:clock: :clock:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Here's the thread I was thinking about. It wasn't a Detroit interview, but the interview was originally scheduled for Dec. 18, cancelled because of a Christmas party, and rescheduled for Jan. 22.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

attend the cancelled date just incase, they will cancel your application if the IO was not informed of the cancellation. If they turn you away thats ok and just wait for your new date.

Definately attend the original date though

04/10/06: Arrive in USA on F1 visa.

08/15/08: Marry the most amazing woman in the world.

10/08/08: Sent AOS package to USCIS.

10/13/08: Package Delivered (I-131,I-765,I-130,I-485.)

10/20/08: Checks Cashed.

10/24/08: NOA's in mail for all, all receipt numbers show online.

10/28/08: Biometrics Appointment letter received for 11/13/08

11/13/08: Biometrics completed successfully, case touched online also i presume because of Biometrics

11/24/08: NOA for Interview

12/13/08: AP Approval letter sent out

12/18/08: EAD Card production ordered

12/20/08: AP arrives in mailbox

12/23/08: EAD Approval notice sent

01/20/09: Interview date in Mount Laurel, NJ (Cancelled but will still be attending this one also, realized why it was cancelled.....Inaugeration)

02/11/09: New interview date (Rescheduled due to cancellation letter)

02/11/09: Approved, Passport Stamped

9783.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Do you guys know how long it took for the USCIS to send a rescheduling letter. I still have not recieved anything and the Detroit office is not taking any requests for Info pass. Argh!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline
Do you guys know how long it took for the USCIS to send a rescheduling letter. I still have not recieved anything and the Detroit office is not taking any requests for Info pass. Argh!

do they allow wallk-ins.. i couldnt get an infopass for this week so i just walked into my local ny office. got what i needed and left.

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.