So I have a few questions... Sorry my grammar and all is bad. So Forgive me in advance.
Backstory: Me 39 y/o US citizen Married to a 25 y/o Afghanistan citizen , we were introduced by his sister which I have known for 8 years when i lived in Germany. Currently I live in the USA now. Me and my husband have been talking for a year, and we married in Afghanistan the first visit we met. Met all the family mother father uncle's cousin's etc etc. HUGE FAMILY!@ , had a great wedding and allot of positive beautiful interaction. I had been married before years ago. And divorced now ( thats why I was in Germany.. married) I want to start the process of getting him here, he was Military Afghanistan army low rank solider for 6 years, but stepped away from that to focus more on the future to come. I work, No convictions, nothing unusual between us or anything nothing crazy about us, just a couple like anyone else. He is Muslim I am a recent convert ( by choice) I think that covers the basics. Now to the questions.
1. Can I do the paperwork myself. Or Should I get a lawyer.? Being our huge age difference culture difference and etc.
2. Anyone have experience with similar parts of my story i.e. Bring a spose from Afghanistan ,or significant age difference or culture difference. Did it bring any problems up, slowed things down?
3. If suggested to do the paper work myself, should I start as soon as possible, or visit more (which I plan to go again in the next 4 months ) before filing. We already have our trips planned for the next year and do it online or through a company?
4. If suggested to get a lawyer, what are flags for a bad lawyer and what to look for in a good lawyer
5. Do any of the current immigration laws in place effect people coming from Afghanistan to the USA on a spousal visa?
6. Please add any questions or , experiences or suggestions in the right direction you might have.
7. Can he visit the USA on a visitors/ tourist visa, if we wanted to get that before or during the process? curious on this.
One suggestion I cannot do is live in Afghanistan for present conflicts their. He wanted me to live their... but currently I said I would visit often but wont live till peace has come one day.
Thank you so much in Advance. I really appreciate the insight and help.