60 posts in this topic

My wife got a Medical RFE today. We used I-693A, which is what you're supposed to use, but the RFE said we were missing a few things:

MEDICAL EXAMINATION (FORM I-693)

NOTE: All medical examinations and vaccination must be conducted and administered by a physician who is on the list of Civil Surgeons approved by USCIS. To obtain the names and telephone numbers of designated civil surgeons etc. etc................

A review of the record indicates that you entered the United States pursuan to a valid K-1/K-2 nonimmigrant visa. All USCIS records relating to you have been reviewed. The U.S Department of State medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 and DS-3026 are not in any of those records.

I-693 MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Please submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. The medical examination must be conducted by a physician who is on the list of Civil Surgeons approved by USCIS.

My wife called USCIS and they suggested she gets the full medical because if she wants to use what's already submitted and they don't accept that, she could be sent back to Canada and we're back at square one. Any opinions?

This process is so messed up that you jump through hoops and they give you the visa but then something isn't quite right for AOS. Well if she was given the visa seven months ago, why are there problems now?

Anyway, it looks like all we're waiting on is the medical. The guy said background checks are what slows the process down.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
A review of the record indicates that you entered the United States pursuan to a valid K-1/K-2 nonimmigrant visa. All USCIS records relating to you have been reviewed. The U.S Department of State medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 and DS-3026 are not in any of those records.

When reading that, it sounds like your wife's medical from Canada was misplaced or lost. This seems to happen often and most people end up having to get the full medical done again.

I still dont get why they make people pay for their mistake.....they lost it, they should pay for it. Its not like 5$....

Anyways I hope they find back your medical from canada

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

When reading that, it sounds like your wife's medical from Canada was misplaced or lost. This seems to happen often and most people end up having to get the full medical done again.

it is such a load of sh*t! I mean they make everyone pay for the medical & then they conveniently "lose" the paperwork so you will have to go to a specific "gov't" doctor. what a scam!

that is so annoying

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Contact your congressperson as well.

See this person's post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry971393

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Thanks Misa! I'll try that first.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck and keep us updated!

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: Timeline

it is such a load of sh*t! I mean they make everyone pay for the medical & then they conveniently "lose" the paperwork so you will have to go to a specific "gov't" doctor. what a scam!

that is so annoying

I'm quite sure they don't do it on purpose. Also, you went to a 'govt' doctor for your K1/K3, why not now? They need consistency in the exams.

I read that post and I disagree with it.

Go Infopass first. It's not your elected representatives job to clean up your file.

Take responsibility for your case before you call in the big guns. You might need a REAL immigration favor some day.

If they already submitted the proper medical there isn't anything they are supposed to really 'clean up' since they filed their case properly. I'd do infopass and Congressman - he can most likely contact higher people than your average Joe can and that is what it takes sometimes to make them find the file they messed up and lost. It is completely wrong and absurd to have to pay for another medical if you have already sent in a valid one and I would get every person I possibly could on the case to get it fixed. Besides, if you don't live close to your local office the cost of driving to an Infopass and maybe staying the night, etc, could end up costing close to what a new medical would anyways, so I'd actually say call the Congressman first.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

I got my RFE a couple of weeks back for the same thing - missing medical forms ( couldn't of got into the USA on my K1 visa if I never had them ) Anyways.

I did the info-pass app - NO HELP. I did the congressman thing - NO HELP

So I made an appointment with the Civil Surgeon for a NEW MEDICAL. Paid the $236-00, he took most of my copies of the forms that I had brought from South Africa, but did the HIV and syphillis tests again as I didn't have copies of those results.

He used my x-ray as I had a BBG ( or whatever the vaccine is for TB when I was younger and would of been positive anyways )

I go back to him on the 17th to pick up my paperwork and pay $76-00 to recieve them from him.

I wish you luck with trying other avenues, before having to pay all over again for the medical. But mine didn't work out, and I just got fed up, and did the medical. I just wanted it to be over with and had to suck it up, so I just paid for their mistake.

Good luck to you, hope your results are better than mine were.

Keep us posted

04/28/09 Mailed I-751

05/23/09 Package returned - wrong info on check

05/24/09 Resent Pakage with "NEW" check

05/28/09 Package Rcvd

06/02/09 Check cashed

05/29/09 NOA 1

06/04/09 NOA 1 rcvd in mail

06/19/09 Rcvd Biometrics App, dated 06/16/09

07/06/09 Biometrics Appointment in Latham, NY

07/07/09 Able to access my app online. Touch

09/16/09 Received APPROVED letter in the mail - no update online

APPROVED 09/11/09 EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/24/09 Email received with Approval information.

Come on Green Card!!

10/05/09 Green Card Arrives

Filed: Other Timeline
I read that post and I disagree with it.

Go Infopass first. It's not your elected representatives job to clean up your file.

Take responsibility for your case before you call in the big guns. You might need a REAL immigration favor some day.

If they already submitted the proper medical there isn't anything they are supposed to really 'clean up' since they filed their case properly. I'd do infopass and Congressman - he can most likely contact higher people than your average Joe can and that is what it takes sometimes to make them find the file they messed up and lost. It is completely wrong and absurd to have to pay for another medical if you have already sent in a valid one and I would get every person I possibly could on the case to get it fixed. Besides, if you don't live close to your local office the cost of driving to an Infopass and maybe staying the night, etc, could end up costing close to what a new medical would anyways, so I'd actually say call the Congressman first.

Miranda -

People get this RFE all the time and that is why I say solving the problem is a case 'clean up'. Yes, things should not get lost out of files but it does happen. The brown visa envelope presented at port of entry has been opened - there are probably about 100 opportunities for any number of disasters to happen to the packet as it makes its way to NBC.

IMO, it's inappropriate to seek congressional assistance until a petitioner has exhausted all avenues available to them as a layperson. That effort includes an Infopass appointment. If you are treated rudely at that appointment or you cannot ascertain what exactly is needed to solve the file problem, then congressional assistance should be considered.

BUT....this is not one of those issues a congressman can "fix". If the entire medical has gone missing it's gone missing. You can get a congressional staffer involved and still end up having to spend the money for a new report.

I don't think we should be advocating calling up busy congressional aides to solve the problem of what is anecdotally an everyday RFE. That course of action should be reserved for the day the petitioner is blindly and legitimately stonewalled - not because it's inconvenient to attend Infopass. Frankly, there are constituents out there with bigger immigration problems.

In my opinion, it's wrong that this is an everyday RFE. Maybe if people bug their congressmen enough they'll crack down on this misplacing of files and try to do something to correct the problem.

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.