L_n_O

Accidently sent just forms, NO EVIDENCE SENT!

36 posts in this topic

:help: My fiancee sent only the forms (I-129F and G-325A), photocopies of our passports, passport pics and the cheque!

I just re-read the uscis I-129f form and realized that you had to provide proof of your relationship in the package too and am freaking out! He was under the impression that you presented that evidence at the interview process and they just run a background check at this time!

Our petition was sent maybe two weeks ago and we still haven't received our confirmation letter (with case number) that they've gotten it. Should we wait for the case number and then send a cover letter with all our phone bills, flight itineraries etc? Can you send additional information before you get a RFE?

HELP!

Liz (Canada)

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:help: My fiancee sent only the forms (I-129F and G-325A), photocopies of our passports, passport pics and the cheque!

I just re-read the uscis I-129f form and realized that you had to provide proof of your relationship in the package too and am freaking out! He was under the impression that you presented that evidence at the interview process and they just run a background check at this time!

Our petition was sent maybe two weeks ago and we still haven't received our confirmation letter (with case number) that they've gotten it. Should we wait for the case number and then send a cover letter with all our phone bills, flight itineraries etc? Can you send additional information before you get a RFE?

HELP!

Liz (Canada)

Liz,

All you can do is wait and see if/when you get an RFE.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HELP!

Liz (Canada)

Wait for the RFE

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

:unsure: You really don't think I should just send all this stuff when the case number gets to us? I'm worried that the petition will get rejected on the grounds that we didn't provide basic evidence of our relationship.

wouldn't this avoid that, as opposed to getting rejected and doing it all again, I really don't mind if it delays our process as long as it gets us in...

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Timeline
:unsure: You really don't think I should just send all this stuff when the case number gets to us? I'm worried that the petition will get rejected on the grounds that we didn't provide basic evidence of our relationship.

wouldn't this avoid that, as opposed to getting rejected and doing it all again, I really don't mind if it delays our process as long as it gets us in...

Call the service center and ask them, but I would wait.

HELP!

Liz (Canada)

Was the check cashed already?

You should wait for now... if they got your case, they will surely send RFEs for lacking of necessary documents and proof of relationship. There's nothing you can do for now unless you want to send a new packet loaded with everything that you missed to include the first time.

Good luck!

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just asked my now husband and when he filed for K-1 he didn't send in anything but a few pictures of us together as proof of relationship. I hope this helps a little to ease your mind. Check your bank for the checks coming out and on the back it will have your case number on it... and you can check out your case status with that number on the uscis.gov website. Good luck and try not to worry too much... there is too many times in this process to worry yourself to death about and to tell you the truth it doesn't help nor does it seem necessary once you're through it and figure out that things take time and are not always clear, logical and effective on the governments side.

Best wishes,

Kristina

Feb 25, 2006... Submitted I-129F

Jan 4, 2007... Interview date Visa in Passport

Jan 30,2007... POE Blaine Washington, Pacific Truck Crossing

March 8, 2007... Mailed AOS and EAD

May 21, 2007... AOS application APPROVED with interview (Day 67)WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

May 29, 2007... GREEN CARD ARRIVES.. and email from CRIS approval notice sent (Day 75)

Sept 25, 2008... Moved to the UK

Feb 24, 2009... Mailed I-751 to CSC from UK

December 30, 2009... Approval notice!!

Jan 9, 2010... 10 year GREEN CARD arrives.

May 31, 2012... Express Mailed N-400 application to the Nebraska Service Center for military spouses filing overseas

Jun 11, 2012... NOA date and Cheque cashed Day 11

Jun 28, 2012... Placed in line for interview scheduling Day 28

Jul 20, 2012... Email from USCIS London for info to schedule interview Day 50

Sep 1, 2012... Moved back to the USA

Sep 12, 2012... Email from USCIS London scheduled for interview/oath Sept 28th in the UK(will be day 120)

Nov 26, 2012... Had submitted change of addresses. Notification that I have again been scheduled for interview Day 179

Dec 1, 2012... Letter arrived Day 184 with new interview date Jan 4, 2013 (Will be day 218)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know if they will request all of the missing evidence at one time, or if they will get to the first thing missing, stop processing it, and then send an RFE for that one specific item.

In either case I would recommend sending EVERYTHING once you receive the RFE. You can compile the required evidence now while waiting.

CB

Edited by CountryBoy

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think it's better to wait for a possible RFE.

In the meantime, prepare all of the paper work that you'll send (or your fiance) that shows proof of relationship. This way if you do receive an RFE everything will be ready to be sent and you won't waste time then.

Good luck.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I seriously doubt you could send anything to them at this point. The best thing would be to wait until you hear something from the USCIS. Most likely you will. When you do, submit your evidence then. It will delay things a bit...getting an RFE usually does...but it's nothing to fret about. If by some chance the check has cleared the bank, the case number is on the back. You can take that and sign up for email notification with the USCIS on their website. Good luck!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

just wait it out. I sent in my k1 package with some things done wrong, and when I sent corrections, it was sent back to me. Once the process starts, I'm not sure if you can interrupt.

07/??/00: Met Fiance

05/??/06: Rekindled with fiance

10/20/06: Proposed, with a yes!

12/23/06: Met fiance in person after over 6 years

12/24/06: Engagement party in Vietnam

01/01/07: Went back to America

01/03/07: I-129F Sent to CSC

01/08/07: NOA1

03/26/07: NOA2

04/04/07: NVC Receives case

04/13/07: HCM Consulate Receives physical file

04/24/07: HCM Sends Out Packet 3

05/03/07: Packet 3 Received

05/07/07: Packet 3 Sent

06/23/07: Packet 4 Received FROM honest neighbor BLOCKS away (sent to wrong address, actual receive date ???)

07/12/07: Interview Date!!! BLUE SLIP

08/31/07: Went in personally with sound advice from M.E. and got the PINK SLIP!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When you send off the petition initially you need to send evidence of meeting within the last 2 years. Proof of ongoing relationship is what you take with you to the interview.

If you send off any stuff now there is a chance it will get lost and will never meet up with the initial petition. Wait for the RFE.

just wait it out. I sent in my k1 package with some things done wrong, and when I sent corrections, it was sent back to me. Once the process starts, I'm not sure if you can interrupt.

You sent a second package where you tried to make corrections (with a case number) and the whole thing was sent back to you?

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Update: got my case number! :thumbs:

For right now, I'm just getting all our evidence of our relationship for the past two years together (So far I have: phone bills, bank records, flights itinerary, bus and train tickets, photographs, individually signed letters stating our intent to marry each other, and another letter stating how we met.)

So, it seems the general consensus from everyone is that I should wait.. :blink: this is going to kill me. And he feels so bad now cuz he feels like he royally messed up and that I should do all the paper work from now on!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.