PlatyPius

Random Babblings and Mutterings

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, the day is fast approaching. Sian will be here in 11 days. It has been just over 7 months since the Visa Dance began for us. 7 months seems like it should be plenty of time to arrange everything; get your house and life in order. It isn't, really. lol

I had hoped to have all of my bills caught up by now. They aren't. I had hoped to have at least 2 rooms of my house completely finished. They aren't. I had hoped to have everything sorted and cleaned and organized. It isn't.

*sigh*

Can only do what I can do, though. Sian knows all this, and has been incredibly supportive through all of it. She knows the house isn't a palace and I'm not Donald Trump. The worry over what was done and what wasn't is all me.

Anyhoo, here's a picture of what the bedroom that I've been working on for 3 months will look like when she gets here....

2.jpg

It's a little farther along than that now, but I don't have any really good pictures that show what I wanna show. lol You can see more of it at: http://www.theoldhousejournal.com/house/

Well, I'm talking to Sian now, and should be going to bed, so I reckon I'm done babbling and mumbling.

How about y'all? What anxieties/worries/fears did you have as the day drew near?

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sounds like a lot of work but you seem very proud of it. Keep it up! It's a lovely house indeed!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I also had plans that didn't work out before Sujeet arrived. I know what you mean!

I had graduated college the summer of 2003, went to India in October 2003 to visit Sujeet, then wanted to come home and immediately file the petition. First problem was that I had a find a job, which took a month and a half. I thought "Oh I'll find a decent job, and be able to save tons of money since I'm living at home, and by the time Sujeet comes I'll have thousands and thousands saved." Then that job sucked so I left after a month. Then I got a temporary, even more sucky job, that paid $7/hour.

Then after that job, it took me 3 stinking months to find a job again, which I started a month and a half before Sujeet arrived. It was a decent job at a school, but forget about all those thousands I was supposed to have saved. And forget about all the bills I wanted to pay off too. I was broke. And which also meant Sujeet and I would have to live with my parent's after marriage until he got a job after his EAD.

So things did not work out how I planned. I felt like a huge loser the summer of 04, because every interview was a let down. Either they wouldn't hire me because I had a degree which was not needed for the job(office jobs), or else I didn't have enough experience in my degree field. And I was extremely stressed about Sujeet's visa interview which was at the end of July 04. I was a mess that summer. :wacko::P

But, by the time Sujeet got here, all those worries faded away. I finally found a decent job, and living with my parents wasn't going to be that bad since there was a big 3-car garage that had been turned into a room with a bathroom in it. We were just so happy to be together!! And now we have come a long way. We own a house, Sujeet has a really great job, and life is good.

I don't think Sian will care what the house looks like as long as you guys are together. :) And maybe she can help you finish things...(uhhh is that ok with mags? I'm assigning her work. :lol: j/k)

(sorry for rambling)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Cian, I think it's natural to worry about things....and knowing what I know of Mags by seein her here, it's not going to matter! As long as you two are together and happy, I'd say it's all good.

I don't neccessarily worry about anything, lol. I'm very aware....every day...how the time I have now is a gift & should be used to the fullest. Doesn't mean I utilize it all, lol, but I try.

However, my goals are not as lofty as remodeling an entire house by myself, so give yourself some credit, dude!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I don't think Sian will care what the house looks like as long as you guys are together. :) And maybe she can help you finish things...(uhhh is that ok with mags? I'm assigning her work. :lol: j/k)

I'm going to be doing most of the painting anyway. I think I've already been assigned the work.... :lol:

(I don't mind btw, keeps me out of mischief! :P )

Edited by mags

Very impressive, Larry. Where did you learn your skills? I need to get my husband enrolled in that class! :lol:

I attended the University of Trial and Error with a major in "Measure Once, Cut Twice."

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Very impressive, Larry. Where did you learn your skills? I need to get my husband enrolled in that class! :lol:

I attended the University of Trial and Error with a major in "Measure Once, Cut Twice."

:lol:

psst it's supposed to be measure twice cut once. i usually measure twice, cut once, cuss a lot, measure again, and trim some more :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Procrastination.jpg

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

What anxieties/worries/fears did you have as the day drew near?

I was worried she'd be bored when I was at work. She came in on a K1 so the EAD was a few months down the road.

I was right.

I was worried she'd freak out at the little germ colonies I had all over the house, despite my best efforts (yeah, right) to eradicate them (or relocate, whichever was more convenient).

I was right about that too.

I was also worried she'd dislike suburbia, being more of a city girl herself.

Turns out I was right about that and then I was wrong about it one year later. At first, she disliked the 'burbs for obvious reasons. And then, she got her drivers license and we got her a car. Now she still hates where we live but because it's too urban. Now, she wants to move someplace with no traffic.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

:yes: That's the best school for sure. :thumbs: Best wishes, Larry. I'm looking forward to reaching that same point, but I'm pacing myself because I know I'm at least a few months from that point. :star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I worried about the house and had I kept it clean enough, turned out he didn't really give a poo. I worried the dogs would make him crazy, well they do but he seems to enjoy them for the most part. I worried my boys would be right pains in the butt with him, they love him to death and do more for him than me now!

There is really nothing to worry about, not sure why we do this to ourselves. So Larry take a breath calm down and realize you are not going to get it all done before Sian gets here, and I doubt she will care if you do.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

• 2 weeks later...

By the way.....it's TWO days now! w00t!

:P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
By the way.....it's TWO days now! w00t!

:P

Oh my goodness! That's so exciting! I hope Sian has a pair of painter's overalls ready! :)