mrsprissy

I have Interview, but husband is on TDY because of his job with the airforce!

9 posts in this topic

:yes: Hi everyone. My whole journey has been a nightmare and now this!! :crying: So we had our interview already to meet an immigration officer to get our case for I 485 approved. This was back in July. We drove from Rosamond to Fresno. Took us about 4hrs and our Appt was booked for 7am so we left at like 3 am!! Got there stood in line. Only to find out that after waiting and waiting our immigration officer came out and had this sorry look on his face :crying: He told us that he is soo sorry but they don't have our paperwork!!! OH MY GOD :crying: They had requested it from Los Angeles Office a couple months before and then again couple weeks before our interview. But it was still sitting at Los Angeles office while we were sitting in Fresno. UNBELIEVABLE! But I just didn't even bother with arguing or anything I just wanted to cry. Me and my husband were so mad. Could you guys imagin.

So I got another interview and now my husband has been sent away to Texas for Training. I have his orders But before I make that treacherous drive. I was hoping I could get some advice onto wether i should go by myself or not???? Has anyone been to an interview without their husband and gotten approved? I've heard that there are some suceesful cases but I wanted to see what my chances were like?

Can anyone shed some light on this matter ? I wouls much appreciate it.

Thankyou to all visa journey members

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry to hear about what happened. I'm scared now too, because my interview in next Friday, also in Fresno. I'm hoping they won't do the same to me.

As for your question, I believe that the AOS appointent letter says that if your eligibility is based on your marriage, your spouse MUST be present. They also say that if you can't make it for any reason you should call and reschedule. Maybe you should contac the USCIS 1 800 375-5283 and talk to hem about this

Hope this helps!

My story:

09/23/2002 - Met Chris online, there was something very special about this guy =0)

07/16/2006 - We got married in Reno, Nevada.

USCIS:

08/13/2006 - Filed for AOS, AP, EAD - they were VERY carefully packaged with a detailed cover sheet on top of each of the forms, just as VJ's instructions recommend. It was A LOT of work, but it did pay off! (we firmly believe this is what sped up our process big time)

08/31/2006 - Biometrics appointment

09/09/2006 - Received my AOS appointment date!

10/26/2006 - EAD touched and AP APPROVED!

10/27/2006 - AOS appointment at 7:30 AM! APPROVED IN EXACTLY 70 DAYS!!!

11/01/2006 - EAD approved

11/02/2006 - Email notification - greencard will be mailed as soon as it is ready! YAY again!

11/02/2006 - Welcome to the United States of America letter in the mail! Almost there! =)

11/06/2006 - EAD card and White card (a.k.a. greencard) arrive in the mail!

Journey Total Duration: 80 days

Filed for removal of conditions on 07-28-2008 and had them removed on 09-10-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am pretty sure I read a post from another VJ member where she went to her AOS interview without her husband as he has some Military Orders and couldn't make it ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There was another VJ member a while ago named Stefanie who went to the AOS interview without her husband. She was approved without problems. Just bring all the proof with you and his orders to show that there is no physical way he could attend the interview. Shouldn't be a problem :thumbs: if they have a problem with it they will be sure to guide you in the next steps...they seem to be pretty easy going especially with military personnel

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Timeline

Just take your husbands orders and all your other evidence and I am sure you will be fine.... there has been other wives of military prsonnel who have had to go alone because of deployment and training and have been approved...

Good Luck

Kezzie

Edited by Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. MY hubby was posted to Germany a month after we married, then a month after we got to Germany, he was sent to Iraq for a year. Before we left the states we lodged the AOS etc. I was called up for interview whilst he was gone. I took all the evidence they requested, plus a copy of his orders stating where he was. I also got a letter from his command confirming the orders, on Military Letterhead. This letter simply confirmed he was deployed, and also stated I was a sponsored family member of a Miltary member. Thats all I needed. Turned up at the interview with this. I didnt even make it to an interview room. I was simply at a desk at the back of the waiting area, the desk usually made for quick enquiries. 5 minutes later, I was approved, passport stamped, and on my way......This was in Los Angeles.

Good luck, You'll be fine!!

Jodee :thumbs:

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

lol jodee.... one of these days you're going to have to give us the story of your avatar and custom member title....

:lol:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Oh MY GOD You guys are So FAB! Thankyou soo much for all your replies :dance: I'm going to go to my interview. Phew what a looong drive. It's crazy cus i'm only about an hour 1/2 away from LA office but because i'm in the kern county and not LA county I have to have my interview at Fresno!!

Anyhoo so i'm gonna go to my interview and take alllllll of my huuuuge packaged stuff and my military ID! LOL I'll let you guys know what happened :D If I told you guys my whole story about all this immigration stuff. You guys will be so shocked. Then you'll be thinking "wow thank god that wasn't me" lol

Kezzie Check back cus i'll let you know how it went :thumbs:

Once again. Thankyou soo much for all your replies. :thumbs: Much appreciated!!

Good Luck to those still waiting and Conrats to those who've been approved :)

:yes: Hi everyone. My whole journey has been a nightmare and now this!! :crying: So we had our interview already to meet an immigration officer to get our case for I 485 approved. This was back in July. We drove from Rosamond to Fresno. Took us about 4hrs and our Appt was booked for 7am so we left at like 3 am!! Got there stood in line. Only to find out that after waiting and waiting our immigration officer came out and had this sorry look on his face :crying: He told us that he is soo sorry but they don't have our paperwork!!! OH MY GOD :crying: They had requested it from Los Angeles Office a couple months before and then again couple weeks before our interview. But it was still sitting at Los Angeles office while we were sitting in Fresno. UNBELIEVABLE! But I just didn't even bother with arguing or anything I just wanted to cry. Me and my husband were so mad. Could you guys imagin.

So I got another interview and now my husband has been sent away to Texas for Training. I have his orders But before I make that treacherous drive. I was hoping I could get some advice onto wether i should go by myself or not???? Has anyone been to an interview without their husband and gotten approved? I've heard that there are some suceesful cases but I wanted to see what my chances were like?

Can anyone shed some light on this matter ? I wouls much appreciate it.

Thankyou to all visa journey members

So Thnks everyone for your support. So here's what happened... I had my interview to day to. My husband is TDY right now in Texas but I bought a copy of his special orders from the military and they were going to APPROVE everything today!!!! But to my HUUUGE DISSAPPOINTMENT!! This Doctor that I decided to see when I did my I 693. A civilian Doctor did not tick of a box SO they couldn't complete it today and approve my package!! AAARCGH! But its ok she felt bad for me because I had been through so much with this whole AOS thing that she said she'll hold my package in her office for a week and that I don't need to drive back. I can mail the paper in to her. Thank god.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.