andrea&roberto

Working with a CR1

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

When my husband actually gets his visa, and arrives in the US, then they mail his greencard to our home address right? But how soon can he start working? Do we have to apply seperately for a work card and/or social security card?

CLICK ---->Andrea & Roberto da Silva ~ April 26, 2006 Jaboatao, Brasil

View our Timeline HERE

ON VALENTINE'S DAY, I BROUGHT MY HUSBAND, ROBERTO, HOME! IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Once you husband arrives in the USA hopefully his green card and social security card will arrrive within a month to six weeks. We marked on our forms at the embassy to issue us a social secuity card once he arrived in the USA.

Our timeline and we did not have to go to social security office but if you have not heard from them within month I would visit them and apply. You will not need a work card since your CR1 is already AOS processed when you arrive. You just need your green card and social security card and then you may work.

05/23/06 Home in USA

06/05/06 Social Security Card arrives.

06/12/06 2 Yr. Conditional Green card arrives along with 4 Welcome to the USA letters.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
When my husband actually gets his visa, and arrives in the US, then they mail his greencard to our home address right? But how soon can he start working? Do we have to apply seperately for a work card and/or social security card?

When your husband arrives, he is immediately work authorized. If he had a job, he could go in the next day.

If he applies for his Social Security card on his DS-230 (recommended) then he can be hired and start working before he gets the actual card, or number. He may have to help hi employer learn, but it is legal and not abnormal.

I recommend the following reads for anyone who is becoming a Permanent Resident (Green Card). They explain your rights and responsibilities with your new status:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/PermRes.htm

How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage?

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

Welcome to the United States:

A Welcome Guide for New Immigrants

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/citizenship/imm_guide.htm

Edited by meauxna

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Have a wonderful day everyone, Good morning!!! ... :-)

I'm also a CR1, scheduled for interview @ Manila USEmbassy this October 18, 2006. :-)

So, that means I will do nothing(with respect to my visa) when I arrive in the US?

I just have to wait for my SSN and Green card(I applied for SSN in DS-230) within a month, then make a follow-up if it will not arrive after that?

Thanks in advance for your answers... :-)

When your husband arrives, he is immediately work authorized. If he had a job, he could go in the next day.

If he applies for his Social Security card on his DS-230 (recommended) then he can be hired and start working before he gets the actual card, or number. He may have to help hi employer learn, but it is legal and not abnormal.

I recommend the following reads for anyone who is becoming a Permanent Resident (Green Card). They explain your rights and responsibilities with your new status:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/PermRes.htm

How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage?

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

Welcome to the United States:

A Welcome Guide for New Immigrants

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/citizenship/imm_guide.htm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Katya got her Green Card a couple of weeks after she arrived. We did need to go to the local Social Security office to get her SS Card though after 4 weeks of waiting. We did do the checkbox on the form at the embassy, but that part seemed to have gotten lost in limbo somewhere. It was a quick trip and she got the card about 4 business days later.

Joel

Katya got her Green Card a couple of weeks after she arrived. We did need to go to the local Social Security office to get her SS Card though after 4 weeks of waiting. We did do the checkbox on the form at the embassy, but that part seemed to have gotten lost in limbo somewhere. It was a quick trip and she got the card about 4 business days later.

Joel

Ah.. i see... :-)

Thanks Joel for the information... :-)

God Bless you and katya always... :-)

Similar to Joel's case, my husband had to go to the local social security office to re-apply for his card. He did apply for his social security card on the DS-230, but after four weeks of waiting, it still had not arrived. Two weeks later, he received his social security card!

He received his welcome letter about one week after his entry and his permanent resident card about two weeks after his entry.

DCF (Germany)

April 7, 2006 - Married

April 15, 2006 - I-130 sent to Frankfurt Consulate

April 22, 2006 - I-130 returned to us (personal checks not acceptable)

April 24, 2006 - I-130 resubmitted with Credit Card Payment Form

June 14, 2006 - I-130 Approved

June 15, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

June 16, 2006 - OF-169 & Passport (Biographical Page Only) faxed to the Consulate

June 17, 2006 - DS 230 Part 1 & OF-169 mailed to the Consulate

June 26, 2006 - Packet 4 Received

June 27, 2006 - Medical Examination in Berlin

July 21, 2006 - Interview at Frankfurt Consulate

July 21, 2006 - Visa Approved!

August 22, 2006 - America!

July 26, 2008 - I-751 sent to VSC

August 1, 2008 - Check cashed

August 1, 2008 - NOA-1 received

September 9, 2008 - Biometics Appointment

March 12, 2009 - Transfer from VSC to CSC?

March 16, 2009 - Approved (10-year green card should be mailed within 60 days)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So, that means I will do nothing(with respect to my visa) when I arrive in the US?

I just have to wait for my SSN and Green card(I applied for SSN in DS-230) within a month, then make a follow-up if it will not arrive after that?

Thanks in advance for your answers... :-)

Yes, the same for you as above. Read the links provided earlier, and you can all look for a thread in the DCF Forum titled 'Arriving In America: the POE Drill" that will apply to all of you with Immigrant Visas and explains the POE experience.

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.