cindi&richard

Contacting Senators

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Has anyone ever contacted their senator or representative in relation to the slow processing times for CSC or any of the other Service Centers?

January 2001 Met online

August 2001 Met in person

Back and forth a few times

October 2001 Moved to Ireland

June 2002 We had our daughter

December 2005 Moved back to the States

April 27, 2006 I-129F sent to TX Service Center

May 5, 2006 NOA1

June 23, 2006 RFE received from CSC

June 25, 2006 RFE returned to CSC

August 16, 2006 RFE2 received

August 25, 2006 RFE2 returned overnight post

August 29, 2006 RFE2 received at CSC

Sept 11, 2006 Email Update Approved!

Oct 2, 2006 Received at NVC

October 4, 2006 Forwarded to Embassy (at least someone is fast)

October 10, 2006 Embassy Received

October 11, 2006 Packet 3 sent from Embassy

October 17, 2006 Packet 3 received

October 17, 2006 Packet 3 overnighted back to Embassy

October 26, 2006 Interview scheduled

November 2, 2006 Interview rescheduled

November 2, 2006 VISA APPROVED (issued same day)

Filed: Timeline
Has anyone ever contacted their senator or representative in relation to the slow processing times for CSC or any of the other Service Centers?

oh yes. Do a search on here & you will find many threads about it.

Most of the March/April filers & even later have. Things are picking up now though, they have cleared a lot of March petitions this week.

You are a May filer so I would def. think about it!

Edited by devilette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here you go:

How to contacting your senators/congressmen:

Generally, emails and written letters to senators and congressman will generate a response, a few months later, thanking you for your support of their stance on immigration reform.

For more immediate assistance, follow these steps:

1) Find your senator or congressman’s website.

2) Go to the section for Constituent Services.

3) Download the privacy form.

4) Fill out all the relevant case information.

5) FAX it to their office.

6) Call to follow up. Find out the name of the specific person assigned to your case and get their direct phone number.

If your senator doesn’t have a privacy form on the website, call them directly.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml

Of course there are no guarantees that they can really get straight answers or do anything, but having a contact who will allow you to voice your concerns and will TRY to get information will at least help a little.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

How do you know if you should contact your Congressman or your Senator (or do you contact both)?

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Because I knew in advance that there are huge delays in my fiance's country I jumped on the bandwagon from another forum and wrote to my Senator before I even sent in my I-129. I simply located his website, went to the "contact" tab/link, and submitted an electronic version of my letter.

I received a personalized response via email, within two weeks.

6/29 - NEW I-129 mailed to CSC

7/21 - NOA1 issued

9/21 - finally ... my first touch!!

9/21 - NOA2 issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On principal, I think letting Members of Congress know when one gets awful service from the US Governement is a good thing.

For September, CSC has cleared:

March 10

April 11

May 2

June 5.

Remaining VJ cases for CSC:

March 24

April 20

May 29

June 44

July 68.

If they continue at their rate (over the last 6-7 weeks) of 25/week, and if they go in order (HA!), then by the end of the month they will clear about 75 more cases - all of March, April and May, with a couple of June ones too. Then in October they would likely clear almost all the June and July ones.

Thus by the time you hear from your Member of Congress, you may well have your NOA2.

Tom

Edited by TomYu

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.