MayaLar

"Confused about the status of our Appeal"

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

Our application for K1 was denied because we failed to established evidence that the two of us have met within 2years....We were given option to appeal...

After we submitted I-290B, Fiance received notice that our Appeal is under review and process. 3 months gone by and followed up the status of our appeal and was given false hope that decision will come out within 2weeks.....time passed and we are now running for 5th month and still no news.........We were given another 45days for an outcome...... :help:

Any input will be greatly appreciated.... (F)

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

01/16/10 - POE Seattle Tacoma airport, WA

02/03/10 - Received SSN

03/09/10 - 2nd year Anniversary

04/12/10 - AOS, EAD, AP Application Submitted

04/14/10 - USCIS received package(AOS application)

04/22/10 - got email notification receipt number

04/24/10 - Received hard copy I-797 notice of action (AOS, EAD, AP)

04/30/10 - Biometrics notice thru mail

05/11/10 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Everyone!

Our I-129F petition application for K1 was denied because we failed to established evidence that the two of us have met within 2years....We were given option to appeal...

After we submitted I-290B, Fiance received notice that our Appeal is under review and process. 3 months gone by and followed up the status of our appeal and was given false hope that decision will come out within 2weeks.....time passed and we are now running for 5th month and still no news.........We were given another 45days for an outcome...... :help:

K-1 is a visa. Nobody has yet applied for a visa....

Appeals are rare... good information on timing does not really exist as it is really on a case by case basis

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

Good luck on your appeal. I know that has to be frustrating. Good luck to you guys and we wish you the best. Mike n Karen

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Timeline
Good luck on your appeal. I know that has to be frustrating. Good luck to you guys and we wish you the best. Mike n Karen

I was just looking at your profile. I don't understand. What do they want from you guys? You have several dated pics of the two of you together and I am sure you have plenty of receipts, plane tickets, passport stamp etc.. Man, I really hate that. Hang in there. Hopefully your appeal will be sorted out and you can continue on a much smoother Journey. Good luck to you guys. We will be pulling for you. Mike n Karen

Edited by MikenKyhen

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Timeline

Thank you so much everyone!!!

Mike and Karen thanks as well...My fiance are also frustrated because he himself is a well organized person and submitted necessary documents on initial package that we sent however, it didn't suffice what they have requested from us......We are still remaining positive and we will fight for what we have started..... :)

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

02/03/10 - Received SSN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello Everyone!

Our application for K1 was denied because we failed to established evidence that the two of us have met within 2years....We were given option to appeal...

ok apparently u have pictues etc so what was the problem? showing the exact time being within the 2 years? how about the travel tickets and papers that would show the timing

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

We started correspondence October 2007, Fiance came and visited me March 2008. He stayed here for 2weeks gathered boarding pass, hotel receipts, passport, phone records, dated pictures of us together and with my family; Filed the petition end of June 2008........

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

02/03/10 - Received SSN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

My advice: Get a good immigration lawyer. They will help you through this. They know the system and the loopholes and such. My lawyer put together our entire package- and we met just like you. Not sure why you were not approved- (your officer having a bad day? or mine a good one?) It makes no sense. I HIGHLY recommend getting the advice of a lawyer. This is much too precious to just grasp at straws for.

My 2 cents.

Good Luck. I know it sucks, but hang in there and be proactive!

Baj

ah. the longing....

Filed: Timeline
We started correspondence October 2007, Fiance came and visited me March 2008. He stayed here for 2weeks gathered boarding pass, hotel receipts, passport, phone records, dated pictures of us together and with my family; Filed the petition end of June 2008........

Did your fiance send copies of the passport page with the stamped dates on it? This is a very strong evidence that proves he was there on this dates and this is material fact but pictures,phone records are only secondary evidence.

Filed: Timeline

Did your fiance send copies of the passport page with the stamped dates on it? This is a very strong evidence that proves he was there on this dates and this is material fact but pictures,phone records are only secondary evidence.You sent them the passport number but this wont show the dates in question and they will not check security cameras to prove the evidence for you.You have to prove it to them,and the dates stamped in the passport page is a material fact they cannot dispute.

Hello Everyone!

I'm a little confused. I thought I remembered reading some of your case from an earlier posting and there were "two" reasons for denial? One was proof of having met, and the other was about a previous marriage you had and the presumption of death. Wouldn't you have to address both of these issues in an appeal? Why are you basing your appeal on just the part of having evidence of having met? You had evidence. Sorry if I have this wrong but I'm just wondering about this whole thing.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

My fiance said our main issue is that they didn't believed that we already met within 2 years. We already resubmitted more evidence as mentioned above. As far as my previous marriage is concern we also included legal papers probing that I am legally separated such as final decision from the court certified by local civil registrar and annotated marriage certificate from NSO. They just had a question regarding presumption death as there is no divorce in the Philippines. As far as I know they recognize Annulment and Presumptive Death as proof of termination of previous marriage.

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

02/03/10 - Received SSN

• 2 weeks later...
My fiance said our main issue is that they didn't believed that we already met within 2 years. We already resubmitted more evidence as mentioned above. As far as my previous marriage is concern we also included legal papers probing that I am legally separated such as final decision from the court certified by local civil registrar and annotated marriage certificate from NSO. They just had a question regarding presumption death as there is no divorce in the Philippines. As far as I know they recognize Annulment and Presumptive Death as proof of termination of previous marriage.

Be careful how you present your words, Legal Separation (or Legally Separated) and Annulment are two different animals in Philippine laws.

When you say you are Legally Separated, you are not allowed to get married anymore until the death of your ex-husband.

If it is an annulment, you can remarry.

Just trying to help you not stumble into a hole. It would be best to use whatever term they used in your court final decision. Start correcting your way of thinking and usage of words now, this will help you to not get confused during interviews. The CO maybe sneaky and you will get slapped with "denial" due to misrepresentation of your singleness and availability for marriage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.