179 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I was just curious to see how many other people had filed for a CR-1 visa, everyone from the UK seems to be filing for the K-1's

I'm sure my wife and I aren't the only one's and it would be great to hear from other people in the same boat as us.!

We first filed in november '08 and NVC recieved all our paperwork on the 19th of May so we're just waiting for NVC to finish with our stuff and forward them to London.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOH! I'm here, I'm here! I was also sad to see only K-1s in the UK.

We filed with USCIS in October, got stuck at VSC for 7 months and are just getting started at NVC now. We were hoping to be done with them in time to get a late July interview when they schedule next month, but it all depends on how long they sit on our papers- we're ready to send em in when they are!

We're also still following our K-3 case in the hope that we might be able to flip that interview date, but we haven't checked with the embassy on that yet. Want to get a better feel for how long NVC will take. Hopefully they'll generate our DS-230 this week (yeah right!) - it's all sitting the express mail envelope waiting hehe. Fingers crossed!

Keep me posted on your case- I'm very glad to have found someone in a similar situation!

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
OOH! I'm here, I'm here! I was also sad to see only K-1s in the UK.

We filed with USCIS in October, got stuck at VSC for 7 months and are just getting started at NVC now. We were hoping to be done with them in time to get a late July interview when they schedule next month, but it all depends on how long they sit on our papers- we're ready to send em in when they are!

We're also still following our K-3 case in the hope that we might be able to flip that interview date, but we haven't checked with the embassy on that yet. Want to get a better feel for how long NVC will take. Hopefully they'll generate our DS-230 this week (yeah right!) - it's all sitting the express mail envelope waiting hehe. Fingers crossed!

Keep me posted on your case- I'm very glad to have found someone in a similar situation!

YEEYYYYYYY..!!! :dance:

i was really starting to think it was just us going for the CR-1, the NVC took us a while but mainly cos we dragged our feet a li'l i guess.

i'll keep you posted on how things move i'm hoping they dont take long with our papers and get my interview soon.! keep us posted on how you guys get on we'll keep our fingers crossed for you.!

hopefully there will me more than us going for the CR-1 :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Whne I had my interview there was only 1 married, rest were fiancee's.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

HOORAY :)

yes yes let's definitely keep this thread up to date and maybe some others will come out of the woodwork. i'm really interested to see the time between NVC case complete, interview date assigned and interview date. i wonder if we can expect to have a similar wait for a date as the K-1s. it seems like their dates are usually a month from when they're assigned (i.e. people with interviews in June found out about them in May) and if we're the only CR-1s there shouldn't be much competition hehe.

the timeline here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/irstats.php?cfl= says the average is 234 days from NOA2 until interview in london but there's no way that's true, right? i'm guessing some people who spent a long time at NVC really mucked up that average. or at least that's what i'm hoping... would be great to have the hubby here by september for our anniversary!

Naturalization

DONE!

glad to hear from you TayRivers- please do let us know when they've got an interview date assigned!

Naturalization

DONE!

I was just curious to see how many other people had filed for a CR-1 visa, everyone from the UK seems to be filing for the K-1's

I'm sure my wife and I aren't the only one's and it would be great to hear from other people in the same boat as us.!

We first filed in november '08 and NVC recieved all our paperwork on the 19th of May so we're just waiting for NVC to finish with our stuff and forward them to London.

Hi there,

I'm a UK CR1 too!!!

We got our case complete on 14th May, so we're awaiting that magic email to let us know when my interview is.

So nice to see there are other CR1's too.

ROC Journey
08-17-11......ROC Package mailed to VSC. I can't believe 2 years have passed by already!!
08-20-11......Package received at VSC, signed for by D. Reynaud.
08-24-11......Check cashed
08-26-11......NOA1 received, dated 8/22/11
08-10-11......Biometrics notification - appointment on 09-21-2011
09-21-11......Biometrics in Charleston, WV.
06-06-12......I-751 Approved AT LAST!!!
06-18-12......10 Year green card arrived.
Citizenship Journey
07-16-12......N400 Application mailed (Lewisville).
07-25-12......Check cashed and acceptance text received.
08-10-12......Biometrics in Charleston, WV.
09-01-12......Interview letter received.
10-05-12......Interview scheduled in Norfolk VA.

04-25-13......Oath Ceremony - Roanoke, VA - US Citizen at last!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just spoke to NVC to find out about Interview scheduling, the officer told me they only schedule interviews in London durring the second week of each month for date in the following month. So it looks like I wont hear anything now until June 12th. She did say we should get the interview in July.

It is so hard to plan anything when you dont know the date of the interview. I wanted to start looking for flights for my parents but without a date its going to hard to get a price.

Only good thing is that NVC said my parents can schedule their medicals as they are valid for 12 months, so Mum has got them booked for the middle of June.

I just spoke to NVC to find out about Interview scheduling, the officer told me they only schedule interviews in London durring the second week of each month for date in the following month. So it looks like I wont hear anything now until June 12th. She did say we should get the interview in July.

It is so hard to plan anything when you dont know the date of the interview. I wanted to start looking for flights for my parents but without a date its going to hard to get a price.

Only good thing is that NVC said my parents can schedule their medicals as they are valid for 12 months, so Mum has got them booked for the middle of June.

Hi there,

I didn't know you could do this - which medical facility did you book with, as I believe there are two in London?

It looks like we'll be a July interview too, fingers crossed. We must have just missed the May interview booking period.

Thanks for your help.

ROC Journey
08-17-11......ROC Package mailed to VSC. I can't believe 2 years have passed by already!!
Citizenship Journey

Hi there,

I didn't know you could do this - which medical facility did you book with, as I believe there are two in London?

It looks like we'll be a July interview too, fingers crossed. We must have just missed the May interview booking period.

Thanks for your help.

I'm a K1, so this might be different, but I had my interview scheduled on the 30th of April for the 19th of May. So they do not just schedule the interviews for the following month the second week of the month (I was told the same thing by DOS. But it wasn't true, for me atleast!)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You can call the phone number that is on the London Embassy website under the link for medicals. They have one phone number for both the places and they will tell you which one you have to go to.

I believe the issueing of interview dates is diffrent for K1.

You can call the phone number that is on the London Embassy website under the link for medicals. They have one phone number for both the places and they will tell you which one you have to go to.

ok! sorry about that! i just know they told me the exact same thing about london and it turned out to not be true :)

Waiting at NVC, hope it's not much longer.

Please fill in your timeline. :D

California Service Center

Consulate: Vienna, Austria

01/09/2008: Marriage

01/22/2009: I-130 Sent

02/10/2009: I-130 NOA1

02/12/2009: I-129 Sent

03/03/2009: I-129 NOA1

03/16/2009: I-130 NOA2 I-129 NOA2

NVC Journey CR-1

04/03/2009: NVC Received and Case number assigned

04/06/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill generated (for son)

04/06/2009: Pay I-864 Fee Bill online (for son)Paid I-864 Fee Bill online (for son)

04/07/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill (for son) status shows paid

04/08/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill generated (for me) Pay I-864 Fee Bill online (for me)

04/09/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill (for me) status shows paid

04/09/2009: Received I-864/DS-230 package

04/28/2009: Send completed I-864 package Send completed DS-230 package

05/18/2009: Package entered into system

05/27/2009: AVR says RFE sent by email

06/02/2009: Received RFE by email Sent RFE DHL

06/08/2009: NVC received RFE

06/10/2009: RFE entered into AVR

06/19/2009: Case Completed at NVC

07/08/2009: NVC Left

Embassy Journey CR-1

07/12/2009: Received by embassy

08/24/2009: Medical

08/25/2009: Interview Date

08/26/2009: Visa in hand

09/14/2009: POE Boston Harbour

01/18/2011: I-751 sent to CSC

01/24/2011: NOA1

03/04/2011: Biometrics

Hi TayRivers,

Thank you so much for the good advice. I've just booked my medical for mid-June. However, the mentioned to take along a form that the Embassy will send me, which of course I might not receive beforehand. Does anyone know what this form is and whether it can be downloaded?

Thanks again!

ROC Journey
Citizenship Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.