Mrs. Disney

Military Expedite

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ok, so my fiance is in the US Army. He doesn't have deployment papers yet but by the time we are supposedly going to be done with the K1 Visa process he's going to be deployed. His deployments are only gonna be for 3 months at a time but he's going to do that several times a year. Anyway, there's a high probability that he might be gone for one of the 3 month deployments when I get my visa, which wouldn't give us time to get married.

So, he called the Military Help Line today. He told them he wanted to get our case expedited. They asked him why, he said why. And they just said "oh ok, here's your "case" number. Wait for 5 days. If the Service Center needs anything from you, they will get in touch."

What Service Center? Vermont? What should we be expecting them to request from us, apart from deployment letters? It just sounded so easy to us that it confused us a lot. Is that how it usually goes? If anyone has been through the same or know anything about it, please we would like to hear any thoughts. Thank you.

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Ok, so my fiance is in the US Army. He doesn't have deployment papers yet but by the time we are supposedly going to be done with the K1 Visa process he's going to be deployed. His deployments are only gonna be for 3 months at a time but he's going to do that several times a year. Anyway, there's a high probability that he might be gone for one of the 3 month deployments when I get my visa, which wouldn't give us time to get married.

So, he called the Military Help Line today. He told them he wanted to get our case expedited. They asked him why, he said why. And they just said "oh ok, here's your "case" number. Wait for 5 days. If the Service Center needs anything from you, they will get in touch."

What Service Center? Vermont? What should we be expecting them to request from us, apart from deployment letters? It just sounded so easy to us that it confused us a lot. Is that how it usually goes? If anyone has been through the same or know anything about it, please we would like to hear any thoughts. Thank you.

So...you have sent the I-129f? You have an NOA1? If so is the case number they gave you different than the one on your NOA1?

IF your case is expedited (they are not always) and IF there is an RFE, they will need to get in contact with you quickly. So if they need anything (RFE for example) they will contact you. IF the case gets expedited and IF all the documents are OK I think they do the case in 15 days.

As I understand military cases are not "automatically expedited" and there are certain cases which qualify for it and others do not. If I am wrong in that impression, someone good member will correct me.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

So...you have sent the I-129f? You have an NOA1? If so is the case number they gave you different than the one on your NOA1?

IF your case is expedited (they are not always) and IF there is an RFE, they will need to get in contact with you quickly. So if they need anything (RFE for example) they will contact you. IF the case gets expedited and IF all the documents are OK I think they do the case in 15 days.

As I understand military cases are not "automatically expedited" and there are certain cases which qualify for it and others do not. If I am wrong in that impression, someone good member will correct me.

Yes, we sent the I-129F, we have NOA1 and the number they gave us is different than the one on our NOA1.

Hope they contact us soon. Thank you!

K-1 TIMELINE:

AOS TIMELINE:

I applied for a military expedite using the military hotline and they didn't ask for any further information. Of course I'm not approved yet but my case has been touched everyday this week. When I called to request the expedite they sent me and email that said your petition has been placed in line for adjutication. Please wait 30 days..Something of that nature. I'm going to call tomorrow and check out what is going on since the online case status isn't that great. I'll be sure to keep everyone update on my expedite.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : South Korea

2009-03-13 : Married~

2009-04-20 : I-130 Sent

2009-04-28 : I-130 NOA1

2009-05-20 : I-130 Approved! (Your I-130 was approved 22 days from NOA1 date.)

2009-05-27 : NVC Received and assigned case #.

2009-06-05 : NVC Left

2009-06-29: Medical (passed)

2009-07-07 : Interview Date

2009-07-10 : Visa Received

2009-07-30: US Entry

2009-08-13: Green card shipped

2009-09-01: Applied for SSN

2009-09-27: SSN Received

2009-12-12- Driver's Lic. Issued

2010-01-06- Hubby signed 3 year contract w/ military

Next Step: Coping with being alone for 5 months~

kiss.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got an expedite based on national interests/ military reasons and here's the deal...

1. You call the USCIS hotline set up specifically for the military members.

2. You ask for an expedite based on "national interests/ military reasons"

3. They WILL ask for proof... either a deployment order or a statement from your commander. If its from your commander use the unit stationery & proper military format (for the Army consult AR 25-50).

4. I don't recall if I got an RFE first and then faxed the proof, but I do recall that my request for expedite was approved very quickly (3-4 days).

5. Don't confuse approval of an expedite and approval of the petition (two different things). It took 45 days for the petition to be approved (could be faster or slower for others).

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

hi :innocent: we applied for an expedite last may 6 n got our noa2 on may14..

call the military help line (my fiancee called everyday..)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...1988&st=510 >>> Go to this thread (military spouse thread) n u WILL LEARN ALOT about expedite.... =-)

goodluck :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

we also got it expedited and we got a million "5 day timelines" ;)

First my boyfriend called, even before noa1. They said "yes your reason makes sense give us 5 days"

we did and got noa1. My bf called again "yes your reason still makes sense send us proof! Military ID and Deployment Orders. Give us 5 days"

after 5 days my boyfriend called again "Yes we got your papers now give us 5 days to think about it again if we like the reason"

after 5 days my boyfriend called again "Yes we are still thinking about it give us 2 weeks"

on the next call it was 60 days. Funny thing. Somewhere inbetween those time lines the expedite and the petition were approved but the ladys on the phone could not see that for whatever reason.

Good Luck for you!

Timeline:

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-25

Check cashed: 2009-05-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-01

I-129F approved! 2009-05-13

Package 3: 2009-05-29

Package 3 sent: 2009-05-29

Package 4: 2009-06-06

Medical: 2009-06-23 - Passed!

Interview: 2009-06-23 - Passed!

RECEIVED VISA: 2009-06-27 !!!! :)

US Entry: 2009-07-30

v6m5rweu.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
we also got it expedited and we got a million "5 day timelines" ;)

First my boyfriend called, even before noa1. They said "yes your reason makes sense give us 5 days"

we did and got noa1. My bf called again "yes your reason still makes sense send us proof! Military ID and Deployment Orders. Give us 5 days"

after 5 days my boyfriend called again "Yes we got your papers now give us 5 days to think about it again if we like the reason"

after 5 days my boyfriend called again "Yes we are still thinking about it give us 2 weeks"

on the next call it was 60 days. Funny thing. Somewhere inbetween those time lines the expedite and the petition were approved but the ladys on the phone could not see that for whatever reason.

Good Luck for you!

I involved my senator for good measure... don't know if he facilitated the process or not. I suggest doing the same.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Timeline

We already got an e-mail from VSC. They want us to tell them why we want our case expedited, and send them whatever document that supports his reasons. So my fiance is going to ask his commander to help him out. He also wrote his 2 senators, let's see if they will help us. Hope they will be of good use.

Thank you everyone for your answers and links. And good luck to those who are still waiting for their visas.

K-1 TIMELINE:

AOS TIMELINE:

hi guys, my fiance is in the military and he is stationed in okinawa,japan just last august 2008 but he wont deploy anywhere. the only place he will go to is LAOS by june 25th til july 28th,

is there any chance for us to file for an expedite even though he really wont deploy anywhere? is there any way we can file for an expedite under the criteria of Department of Defense of National Interest Situation ?

and what documents will he need to request for the expedite,; i told him to talk to his CO about it this monday or tuesday also, how will he address the situation? should he just tell his CO to write a letter? and oh, does it have to be the CO or could it be someone of a lesser office but of a higher rank than my fiance

thanks guys really want to get our K-1 petition expedited

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

so, my fiance just got off the phone with the military hotline , they said we cannot file for an expedite; but he said he will still talk to his CO about it; any ideas what he should tell his CO to emphasize or mention in the letter? would it also be possible if he'd write out a letter to request an expedite then show that to his CO and have him sign it?

i really wont buy the whole thing about them saying we cant get expedited;

my fiance is also trying to write to his senator in PA; any other senators whom you think are really very supportive of the military? :)

my fiance keeps saying this really does add unnecessary stress; wwe need to be together soon lol <3 :D

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline
so, my fiance just got off the phone with the military hotline , they said we cannot file for an expedite; but he said he will still talk to his CO about it; any ideas what he should tell his CO to emphasize or mention in the letter? would it also be possible if he'd write out a letter to request an expedite then show that to his CO and have him sign it?

my fiance is also trying to write to his senator in PA; any other senators whom you think are really very supportive of the military? :)

my fiance keeps saying this really does add unnecessary stress; wwe need to be together soon lol <3 :D

If he's not going to be deployed, I don't see them approving your expedite request. Expedites are not so common as they seem to be, as they are often denied, even to military members. Your fiance is right, in your case the request only adds unnecessary stress. You are lucky he's not going to be deployed, deployments are hard. If it was in my hands, I would rather wait and go through this process the "normal" long way than having him deployed back again to Iraq or Afghanistan. I suggest you wait in line like everyone else. Good luck in your journey!

K-1 TIMELINE:

AOS TIMELINE:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I submitted a request to expedite on April 8th, which was touched on April 13th about the same time I received my notice. The notice stated it may take 45 days to process this request.. Ugh. I called and they said the person handling the case said specifically 45 days, and thats all that was said about it.

Good luck.

-

Erroneous

[

If he's not going to be deployed, I don't see them approving your expedite request. Expedites are not so common as they seem to be, as they are often denied, even to military members. Your fiance is right, in your case the request only adds unnecessary stress. You are lucky he's not going to be deployed, deployments are hard. If it was in my hands, I would rather wait and go through this process the "normal" long way than having him deployed back again to Iraq or Afghanistan. I suggest you wait in line like everyone else. Good luck in your journey!

well he had been deployed in afghanistan for 15 months and i am just really thankful to God he wont ; he almost was to be sent there again for 6 months but then someone else did so i am really grateful for that; but yes  i have God to thank for just being there with him all the time, even with the whole fuss over N.Korea and him having to leave for Laos all i can really do about it is pray;

well, hey you can't really blame me for wanting to get expedited, like everyone else i am just really very anxious about seeing him again; this is the only thing both of us are waiting for.. to be together & be married! ^_^ 

and hey, it's worth a try to do that, i got to talk to someone from here and they even got approved for the K-1 after a month of filing, they filed january and they got approved february;  

but honey, you definitely misunderstood what i wrote, i ddn't mean my fiance thinks the request is adding unnecessary stress, he WANTS to do the request , whatever can help us see each other sooner is so much better; the unecessary stress is the whole waiting for the immigration. 

but anyway, it's worth a try, we could be approved or not either way, it would just depend on God's hands if it's His will then I'd be thankful for it if not then there's a greater purpose for it. and besides, He will always make a way :)

the VSC just needs to hurry uuuupppp LOL 

like everyone misses their fiances and spouses, i miss mine badly! :) sooo can't help it if i feel hopeful for something like this expedite 

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

my fiance called last wednesday to request for military expedite because he will be deploying.. the girl said she couldnt see our case so she transferred his call.. then a guy took his call and asked him about his request after he verified all his information he then transferred his call to an officer in California service center (we filed in Vermont).. then after telling the officer about his deployment he put my fiance on hold for 10 mins..then when he got back he said ur good to go buddy.. youll get an email soon from VSC..and he even gave him his direct number...

i dont know what he means we are good..he didnt ask us to send anything but we are still sending the letter from his commander on monday just to make sure and if we dont hear anything next week i guess well just call the officer...

7b5542f085.png

event.png

Adjustment of Status:

Approval: 2010-02-16

Greencard Received: 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions:

1-07-12 Sent I-751 application to CSC

1-11-12 CSC received Application

1-13-12 check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.