babybunny

YESTERDAY MY HONEY SHOULD ARRIVE, but he did not!!!!

179 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

is there anything our sister can do? :

Hello All VJ's

Yesterday my honey was to arrive to Denver via POE Atlanta. But he never arrived!

I was in complete hysteric and attempt to call him on his cellular throughout the night. Needless to say, he called me at 4 am this morning to tell me that he has been detained and pending deportation.

I asked him why? and he said that they wanted him to sign a document, but they did not tell him the content of the document and he refused to sign it. They kept him in detention for 27 hours before deporting him. He said he do not know where they will be taking him because they confiscated his passport and visa. I called the immigration and they told me that they could not provide me with information, due to the Privacy Act. They said that I must talk to my fiance. My fiance called me soon after to tell me that he was leaving Atlanta in 10 minutes and I asked him a ton of questions but the officer behind him threathen to hang up the phone if he answered my questions. BTW, my fiance said they told him that he is ban from the USA for 5 years!!!!

I'm at a lost here and I do not know what to do!!!! Can someone provide me with some guidance here. I feel after all of my hard work, I failed in getting my honey home and now his life is totally screwed because of me :crying::crying::crying::crying:

shon.gif

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

That is so heartbreaking. Made my heart ache so much for her. That could happen to anyone if somehow you come in contact with a smart a$$ immigration officer having a bad day. Just aint fair. I dont know what to say to help the situation, but I hope she has some recourse to resolve the issue.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

I am so sorry about this. I know you must be going crazy right now. Why wouldn't they tell him what he is signing. They have to tell him. First thing you need to do is contact an immigration attorney for a consultation. If he indeed does have a 5 year ban, there are Waivers he could file. Although you will have to prove extreme hardship. What happened doesn't seem right. find out exactly what happened from your man and contact an attorney to find out the best recourse for this.

But you have to figure out why they would give him a five year ban and why they would refuse him an interpreter

A five year bar can be the consequence of "expedited removal" that has a similar affect as if found inadmissible by an IJ. See INA §212(a)(9)(A) and INA §235( -b )(1). Aliens subject to removal are inadmissible to the United States for a period of five (5) years or twenty (20) years for a second or subsequent removal or after conviction of an aggravated felony. A waiver would be necessary to enter before the five year period has elapsed, unless one can clearly demonstrate that something is amiss with the whole situation.

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

OH MY GOD! I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS! WOW! THIS IS REALLY A WRONG DOING ON THE IMMIGRATION PART.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

OMG Shon, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know you have been waiting so patiently too. I hope you get some information soon, please keep us posted. (F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

OMG Shon, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know you have been waiting so patiently too. I hope you get some information soon, please keep us posted. (F)

its not me!! :no:

its golden heart. she posted this in the moving to america thread.

I felt she needed support from ME/ sisters. she is also muslim.

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

its not me!! :no:

its golden heart. she posted this in the moving to america thread.

I felt she needed support from ME/ sisters. she is also muslim.

oops! well I was wondering...when did Shon get the visa, I never remember the announcement. In any case, it's horrible news. However. why does it matter if she is muslim? Not everyone in this forum is muslim.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello All VJ's

Yesterday my honey was to arrive to Denver via POE Atlanta. But he never arrived!

I was in complete hysteric and attempt to call him on his cellular throughout the night. Needless to say, he called me at 4 am this morning to tell me that he has been detained and pending deportation.

I asked him why? and he said that they wanted him to sign a document, but they did not tell him the content of the document and he refused to sign it. They kept him in detention for 27 hours before deporting him. He said he do not know where they will be taking him because they confiscated his passport and visa. I called the immigration and they told me that they could not provide me with information, due to the Privacy Act. They said that I must talk to my fiance. My fiance called me soon after to tell me that he was leaving Atlanta in 10 minutes and I asked him a ton of questions but the officer behind him threathen to hang up the phone if he answered my questions. BTW, my fiance said they told him that he is ban from the USA for 5 years!!!!

I'm at a lost here and I do not know what to do!!!! Can someone provide me with some guidance here. I feel after all of my hard work, I failed in getting my honey home and now his life is totally screwed because of me :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Salaam Shon. Like I mentioned earlier today, she needs to contact the State Department to find out what the computer says about the 212 issued...does it give a reason why, etc. Hopefully her fiance also has a copy of this and can scan and email it to her. She needs to find out exactly what that 212 says, word for word before she can figure out what route is next.

Once she is armed with that information she needs to re-contact her congressman's office for them to make an inquiry in the whole ordeal, since they were involved earlier. Then I would definitely be contacting a good immigration attorney because they MUST tell him what he is signing at POE. Even if he asks for a translator...they are to provide it so he can understand what he is signing. This has got to be worked out somehow. It just does not make sense they would not allow him to understand what he is signing then ban him because he did not sign it. Do you know if "Ellis" has any experience from the POE side of things?

I am praying for them, insh'allah this can be worked out and they can be reunited.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello All VJ's

Salaam Shon. Like I mentioned earlier today, she needs to contact the State Department to find out what the computer says about the 212 issued...does it give a reason why, etc. Hopefully her fiance also has a copy of this and can scan and email it to her. She needs to find out exactly what that 212 says, word for word before she can figure out what route is next.

Once she is armed with that information she needs to re-contact her congressman's office for them to make an inquiry in the whole ordeal, since they were involved earlier. Then I would definitely be contacting a good immigration attorney because they MUST tell him what he is signing at POE. Even if he asks for a translator...they are to provide it so he can understand what he is signing. This has got to be worked out somehow. It just does not make sense they would not allow him to understand what he is signing then ban him because he did not sign it. Do you know if "Ellis" has any experience from the POE side of things?

I am praying for them, insh'allah this can be worked out and they can be reunited.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Thanks Kiya and et. al. for your inputs.

I asked my fiance to fax me all of his documents tomorrow. I also called the Congressman and gave them my inputs on what happened. I will also mail them a copy of the documents, once I get them faxed to me. I called an immigration attorney here in Denver and they wish to speak with me tomorrow. I pray they can help us with this issue. I don't know if I told anyone this or not. I met my honey on May 31, 2006 through his sister. We had planned to marry (legally) on that day. It has been one of our long journey dream. It appears this is another dream that will be shattered. :crying::crying: It is painful and it hurts, however, I have to remember the beautiful words of the Quran posted above and have Sabr that Allah will never give me such a wonder man and take him away from me. I am sure, there's something that is needed to be learned by this.

Another bit of personal background information I would like to share. I decided to become a muslim 7 years ago. My entire family reject this. They also was cautious that I would want to marry a middle eastern muslim. With all of the stereotypes out there, who can blame them.

Alhamdulilah, now that they are aware of the deportation issues they view my fiance as an HUMAN BEING...not the sterotypical middle eastern or what other ill-beliefs that have crossed their minds. They see him as a beautiful person and now they know and realized why I fell in love with such a wonderful man. I can't believe it...my mother spoke to him today to tell him that USA is nothing like those mean people in Atlanta. She told him that this country has a pool of sweet and kind people, however, just like anywhere else we have bad apples as well. She told him to keep his head up and this will all be over soon. I LOVE MY MOMMIE!!! :luv:

There's definitely something fishy going on there... I hope all works out

amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Oh no, that's terrible!!! I hope you can at least find out what's going on really soon.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

UPDATE::

Yasin faxed his deportation papers to me and the reason for deportation is the fact that Yasin told them that I was his muslim wife "a big no-no". The CBP thought that we were committing fraud because he had a K1 visa. In Islam, I am in fact consider his wife among the community, but legally I do not have any documentations of this. I would have petition the K3 visa versus the K1, but one of the requirements for the K3 is a legal document of marriage or a marriage license, which I do not have neither. Last year, I went to the mosque and told the Imam that my K1 visa petion was denied because I had not met my fiance face-to fae. He told me that it was unislamic for me to met him without a chaperone. At that tiime, I did not have a chaperone to go with me. Therefore, I made an agreement in front of 4 witnesses, with Yasin on the telephone that I agree to marry him and vice-versa. After this verbal agreement the Imam told me that I was free to travel and do as I wish with Yasin, because he is considered my husband.

When the CBP told Yasin that he was getting deported, he did understand the reasons and was very upset. I assume they gave him the options to deport himself without getting the 5 year banned and he refused because he did not understand why they were deporting him. He requested for them to call me or get him a translator to help him understand this entire mess. He was told, that his english was good enough, therefore they had no other options but to deport him, with a 5 year banned to the uSA. I wished t hey would have allowed him to call me or give him a translator. I even called the immigrations several times that day and beg for them to allow me to help and they told me that everything was fine and they did not have any problems with paper. They intentionally did not want me to help him.

I spoke to an attorney and she said that it is an unfortunate event, because my fiance did not understand that wife in his contry means something different in our country. The word fiance is "greek" to him. The attorney said that she will try to help us, but she can't promise to left the 5 year ban. :crying::crying::crying:

Please keep us in your prayers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.