9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I've reading and learning but what i dont understand is what is "touched" means and how do i find if it has happend for me.

Thank you in advance :help:

Touched means that the USCIS is checking or reviewing your petition. Create an account in the USCIS WEBSITE and register your receipt number that can be found in your NOA1. If you see changes in your account that means your case have been touched.

Good Luck!

PiNk 1111450x83btxvr2h.gif

Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

I've reading and learning but what i dont understand is what is "touched" means and how do i find if it has happend for me.

Touched means that the USCIS is checking or reviewing your petition. Create an account in the USCIS WEBSITE and register your receipt number that can be found in your NOA1. If you see changes in your account that means your case have been touched.

Good Luck!

Or that they're simply moving it away from the cabinets to the sink or something... it doesn't have to mean anything really... some get lots of touches, some get none... its nice to see you're touched but it doesn't have to mean a thing ;)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Or that they're simply moving it away from the cabinets to the sink or something...

hehe :D

it doesn't have to mean anything really... some get lots of touches, some get none... its nice to see you're touched but it doesn't have to mean a thing ;)

:thumbs:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Or that they're simply moving it away from the cabinets to the sink or something...

hehe :D

it doesn't have to mean anything really... some get lots of touches, some get none... its nice to see you're touched but it doesn't have to mean a thing ;)

:thumbs:

Yeah thought I might add it before they would get their hopes up too high :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
If you get a lot of touches, is it a good or a bad thing?

It's almost impossible to tell these days. I guess any indication that your file has been handled is a good thing, however, the result of that handling may be approval (very good), and RFE (very bad), or nothing at all. The whole "touch" indicator has lost a lot of meaning (if it really ever had any) as many people are now being approved without ever seeing a touch at all. Others have seen numerous touches that have not resulted in a following approval. Touches need to be taken in the context of what is going on with filers with similar timelines. A touch that is way early (when compared to others) is probably meaningless or possibly an RFE. A touch when many around you are getting approvals probably indicates that you are getting pretty close to your own. Although, again, people are many times approved without any touches at all.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good Luck!

Thank you so much

It's almost impossible to tell these days. I guess any indication that your file has been handled is a good thing, however, the result of that handling may be approval (very good), and RFE (very bad), or nothing at all. The whole "touch" indicator has lost a lot of meaning (if it really ever had any) as many people are now being approved without ever seeing a touch at all. Others have seen numerous touches that have not resulted in a following approval. Touches need to be taken in the context of what is going on with filers with similar timelines. A touch that is way early (when compared to others) is probably meaningless or possibly an RFE. A touch when many around you are getting approvals probably indicates that you are getting pretty close to your own. Although, again, people are many times approved without any touches at all.

Thank you so much

Thank you so much all of u that made it very clear for me :thumbs:

7238.gif

6995.gif

8468.gif

10206.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.