sasa

attention: for who have name check with FBI!!!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

here is what written in the uscis website..............it s really frustarting me:(

USCIS and FBI Release Joint Plan to Eliminate Backlog of FBI Name Checks

Partnership Establishes Series of Milestones To Complete Checks

WASHINGTON – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) today announced a joint plan to eliminate the backlog of name checks pending with the FBI.

USCIS and the FBI established a series of milestones prioritizing work based on the age of the pending name check. The FBI has already eliminated all name check cases pending more than four years.

“This plan of action is the product of a strong partnership between USCIS and the FBI to eliminate the backlogs and to strengthen national security,” said USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez.

By increasing staff, expanding resources, and applying new business processes, the goal is to complete 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days. USCIS and the FBI intend to resolve the remaining two percent, which represent the most difficult name checks and require additional time to complete, within 90 days or less. The goal is to achieve and sustain these processing times by June 2009.

The joint plan will focus on resolving the oldest pending FBI name checks first. USCIS has also requested that the FBI prioritize resolution of approximately 29,800 pending name checks from naturalization applicants submitted to the FBI before May 2006 where the naturalization applicant was already interviewed.

The target milestones for processing name checks are:

Completion Goal

Category

May 2008 Process all name checks pending more than three years

July 2008 Process all name checks pending more than two years

November 2008 Process all name checks pending more than one year

February 2009 Process all name checks pending more than 180 days

June 2009 Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
OK, I'm confused, I am hoping they are still processing the ones that are just going in as well or will they be put on a hold?

It seems that they are processing the ones who have been in the queue for very long. They need to hire more people, waiting a year is unbelievable!

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! plz bear for my ignorance but what is name check with FBI? does it have any connections with ur AOS application and how would u know that ur name should be check by the FBI? :blink:

Edited by maelim

AOS TIMELINE

02-27-08: AOS Application mailed

03-10-08: NOA's Received

03-13-08: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

03-21-08: Biometrics Appointment

04-30-08: EAD Card Production (from CRIS)

05-05-08: EAD Card received

05-31-08: Interview Notice Received

07-07-08: Interview = APPROVED

07-14-08: GC Received

Timeline
OK, I'm confused, I am hoping they are still processing the ones that are just going in as well or will they be put on a hold?

It seems that they are processing the ones who have been in the queue for very long. They need to hire more people, waiting a year is unbelievable!

it s really frustarting and it seems that the uscis is playing they issued rules last month and they change it the next month .....thats crazy and unbelievable .i m really frustrated!!!

Timeline

You have to think that most of the FBI name checks are cleared by computers. It's an automatic system unless your name is a hit. If you have a hit then it has to be manually checked.

My understanding would be that they are setting goals to not that manual check quicker and that most people who clear through the automatic system are not even concerned by this.

This in a way is good news. They are setting goals. For those who have been waiting so long it's the blur of a light at the end of the tunnel.

You can be assured that they are going to continue the normal process of others. What would be the point not to? It would make things even worse. This is just for the "stuck people", those who require additional checking. At least that's what I understand.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We "celebrated" or 4 year AOS application day anniversary... Our interview was 8/23/04 and we were told we were waiting on the background check. However, the records say that our name check has only been pending since 8/12/05. Does that mean that they think we've only been waiting 2 plus years (July 2008) and not 4 years?

Also, I thought they were approving 180 day plus AOS apps without the name check.

very frustrating.

here is what written in the uscis website..............it s really frustarting me:(

WASHINGTON – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) today announced a joint plan to eliminate the backlog of name checks pending with the FBI.

USCIS and the FBI established a series of milestones prioritizing work based on the age of the pending name check. The FBI has already eliminated all name check cases pending more than four years.

“This plan of action is the product of a strong partnership between USCIS and the FBI to eliminate the backlogs and to strengthen national security,” said USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez.

By increasing staff, expanding resources, and applying new business processes, the goal is to complete 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days. USCIS and the FBI intend to resolve the remaining two percent, which represent the most difficult name checks and require additional time to complete, within 90 days or less. The goal is to achieve and sustain these processing times by June 2009.

The joint plan will focus on resolving the oldest pending FBI name checks first. USCIS has also requested that the FBI prioritize resolution of approximately 29,800 pending name checks from naturalization applicants submitted to the FBI before May 2006 where the naturalization applicant was already interviewed.

Completion Goal

Category

June 2009 Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days

Summer 2001--we met in Manzanillo, Mexico

10/02--129F submitted (We had 1 RFE)

7/03--Interview in Ciudad Juarez

2/15/04--Married

4/2/04--AOS submitted

8/23/04--Interview in Chula Vista, CA (approved pending name check)

5 EADs, 3 APs, multiple Senators' inquiries and infopass appts, 2 AOS biometrics,

and one move to Seattle later...

3/3/08--AOS Biometrics renewal in Seattle

6/9/08--10 year green card arrived in the mail. My husband is no longer in immigration limbo and is a realio, trulio permanent resident! It says he's been a resident since 04/17/2008.

1/17/11--Apply for Citizenship

Timeline

I meant to say that we "celebrated" 4 years yesterday since submitting our pending AOS application...

Is that the martini anniversary or the margarita anniversary. :whistle:

We "celebrated" or 4 year AOS application day anniversary... Our interview was 8/23/04 and we were told we were waiting on the background check. However, the records say that our name check has only been pending since 8/12/05. Does that mean that they think we've only been waiting 2 plus years (July 2008) and not 4 years?

Also, I thought they were approving 180 day plus AOS apps without the name check.

very frustrating.

2/15/04--Married

4/2/04--AOS submitted

5 EADs, 3 APs, multiple Senators' inquiries and infopass appts, 2 AOS biometrics,

6/9/08--10 year green card arrived in the mail. My husband is no longer in immigration limbo and is a realio, trulio permanent resident! It says he's been a resident since 04/17/2008.

What exactly does FBI check??? your criminal background?? your debts in country of your previous residence (still country your citizenship belong to) or your criminal background worldwide :blush:

Timeline
What exactly does FBI check??? your criminal background?? your debts in country of your previous residence (still country your citizenship belong to) or your criminal background worldwide :blush:

The FBI name check is a process that has been extended to all immigrants after 9/11. The USCIS sends your name to the FBI and they check your name through their program. They check it in all possible ways (all possible combinations of your name). I believe they want to make sure you are not a terrorist or someone related to one, someone on the high list of people wanted by the US government for whatever reason.

So it's worldwide I guess.

If there is a hit in the program, meaning that your name relates to one of those in their data base, then they have to manually check if you are indeed that person or not, thus the delay for those who are hits.

I hope this explains a bit.

I-751

French Thread I

French Thread II

Timeline

Completion Goal

Category

so that means that they cancelled the 180 days memo of the fbi name check??? i ve got my interview in july 07 and waiting till now???

The FBI name check is a process that has been extended to all immigrants after 9/11. The USCIS sends your name to the FBI and they check your name through their program. They check it in all possible ways (all possible combinations of your name). I believe they want to make sure you are not a terrorist or someone related to one, someone on the high list of people wanted by the US government for whatever reason.

So it's worldwide I guess.

If there is a hit in the program, meaning that your name relates to one of those in their data base, then they have to manually check if you are indeed that person or not, thus the delay for those who are hits.

I hope this explains a bit.

Thank you :)... I don't have any criminal background... i just a little bit worried about different check.. I have some small debts in my home country (credit cards)... i didn't pay as I don't have job here so really don't have money to pay back.. :blush: so what worried me a little bit.. :whistle: .

Timeline
Thank you :)... I don't have any criminal background... i just a little bit worried about different check.. I have some small debts in my home country (credit cards)... i didn't pay as I don't have job here so really don't have money to pay back.. :blush: so what worried me a little bit.. :whistle: .

I doubt they care about credit. I think they are after much bigger fishes ;)

so that means that they cancelled the 180 days memo of the fbi name check??? i ve got my interview in july 07 and waiting till now???

Not necessarily. Whethery they do give you the GC or not; you still need to get your name check cleared. If you don't "pass" the name check, the GC will be taken away from you (which is why they are not doing that for citizens because you can't quite revoke citizenship). So who knows what it really means.

Edited by Cécy

I-751

French Thread I

French Thread II

Timeline

Not necessarily. Whethery they do give you the GC or not; you still need to get your name check cleared. If you don't "pass" the name check, the GC will be taken away from you (which is why they are not doing that for citizens because you can't quite revoke citizenship). So who knows what it really means.

so it should be by feb 2009!! if yes so that is crazy from them:(

Timeline

So it might mean that those of us waiting more than 180 days will get our GCs without the name check, but that they want to complete the name check soon thereafter.

that wouldn't make things much different I guess than the memo.

2/15/04--Married

4/2/04--AOS submitted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.