douie

unproccessed I-751 returned to us yesterday

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am a 52 yr.old, natural born, english/american speaking US citizen.

this stated, i still have trouble understanding governmentese.

i prepared my wife's I-751 and sent it to the processing center in Vermont as stated within 90 days. cost of mailing, $5.80.

to me that would mean ,get it to them when you get close to the 90 day mark.

i think this because i hear about all of the concern about not getting it to them soon enough or just to close to the deadline.

well in the wisdom of our paperpushers, our packet was opened - cover letter removed - gone through- stamped- front of my envelope cut off and include, and RETURNED to me. cost of mailing $1.68.

REASON BEING-- the had received it 92 days prior to Ruby's anniversary date. i actual had mailed it the same day i recieved their letter telling us that we need to be aware that this paperwork was coming due.

THEIR meaning of 'within 90 days', means 90, 89, 88, 87---------3,-2, 1 days, prior to the anniversary date.

now i need to redo cover letter and resend [ at additional cost ]

make note it was NOT rejected, it was just returned.

i even called them to verify that.

maybe this is to help keep the postal services afloat. lol.

thanks for the chance to vent------- i hope this might in someway help clarify this for others

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i prepared my wife's I-751 and sent it to the processing center in Vermont as stated within 90 days. cost of mailing, $5.80.

i think this because i hear about all of the concern about not getting it to them soon enough or just to close to the deadline.

well in the wisdom of our paperpushers, our packet was opened - cover letter removed - gone through- stamped- front of my envelope cut off and include, and RETURNED to me. cost of mailing $1.68.

REASON BEING-- the had received it 92 days prior to Ruby's anniversary date. i actual had mailed it the same day i recieved their letter telling us that we need to be aware that this paperwork was coming due.

THEIR meaning of 'within 90 days', means 90, 89, 88, 87---------3,-2, 1 days, prior to the anniversary date.

thanks for the chance to vent------- i hope this might in someway help clarify this for others

You should never mail it before the 90 day window opens. Better to wait until after the 90th day and then mail. The instructions clearly say it will not be accepted early.

Sorry you wasted the cost of mailing.

Timeline

You should never mail it before the 90 day window opens. Better to wait until after the 90th day and then mail. The instructions clearly say it will not be accepted early.

hey , i guess i should have counted the calender better.

who really expects the post office to be that efficient/quick?

hey , i guess i should have counted the calender better.

who really expects the post office to be that efficient/quick?

Sorry that you've wasted your postage fee.

But you should feel lucky that they didn't just cashed that $545 application + biometrics check and flat out send you a denial notice. The instructions cleary stated:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

1. Filing jointly. If you are filing this petition jointly with your spouse, you must file it during the 90 days immediately before the second anniversary of the date you were accorded conditional resident status. This is the date your conditional residence expires.

In this case, this is neither USCIS nor USPS nor the government's fault. People yelled at USPS being slow, now there is you to scream USPS being too efficient, what do you want them to do? I don't even know why I'm wasting my time here :angry: . Learn to read and buy yourself a pair of reading glasses. If people here reading my comments think that I'm being too harsh?! Be that as it may. I'm not going to take back what I said, I say what I mean and I mean what I say.

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Thanks for sharing I'm sure other people will learn from your experienced.In my case,I waited like 3 days after my 90 days window opened so I had no issues with the mailing except that it took like 10 days to clear the Check and I freaked out a little bit from waiting for my NOA.Good luck Mr.Douie!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, it's frustrating, isn't it? Some people have been caught out in a similar way by thinking 3 months instead of 90 days and arriving a day or two early with the same results as yours. Good luck with the re-filing and I hope you get a speedy decision.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey I understand your need to vent (even if some other people on here don't). And I thank you for posting because I bet you anything you have saved at least one person similar grief!

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey I understand your need to vent (even if some other people on here don't). And I thank you for posting because I bet you anything you have saved at least one person similar grief!

Attention to detail is important when dealing with USCIS.

K-1 Visa

7-1-05: Mailed Packet to Vermont (USPS Priority Next Day)

7-2-05: Delivered to VT. Signed by P. Novak

7-6-05: NOA1 received

7-11-05: Check Cashed

7-14-05: NOA1 snail mail

7-25-05: NOA2 email

8-03-05: File sent to Manila Embasy

8-23-05: Packet at Embassy

8-31-05: Medical

9-08-05: Interview... APPROVED!

9-14-05: Visas Delivered

11-19-05: Married

06-25-06: Green Card approved at USCIS in Wash. DC (AOS)

I-130(Daughter)

02-17-08-Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02-19-08-Received EAC Assigned

02-25-08-NOA1 from Vermont SC

08-26-08-Transfered to CSC

09-04-08-Touched (Pending at CSC)

09-08-08-Tocuhed

09-15-08-NOA2 from CSC

9-19-08-Touched

9-22-08-Touched

9-25-08-NVC Letter

9-26-08-AOS fee paid online

10-08-08-Mailed I-864/Hard copy DS3032

10-09-08-Email DS 3032 approved

03-25-09-Interview at Embassy

03-25-09-Visa approved

04-20-09-10 yr green card received

I-751(Lift Conditions)

07-14-08-Mailed to Vermont SC

07-16-08-Check Cashed(received) EAC assigned

08-19-08-Bio Metrics in Alexandria

02-25-09-Transfered to CSC

06-01-09-Approval letter (Green card being processed)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My friend filed AOS for his wife - and the whole thing came back because he forgot to check the box for husband/wife on I130 - It's the first box based on which the I130 is being filed - so yes it's frustrating - but also an important lesson; to be as thorough as possible (I also wondered why they couldn't have checked the box themselves in the USCIS office? They had the cover letter explaining the same thing as well as marriage certificate as proof.) Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

For me the score is U.S.C.I.S. 1 and me the filer 1.

It really gets old when people complain when in fact they were the ones that made the mistake. Not the U.S.C.I.S.!

When my wife got her CGC we did everything by the book and got approved within 6 months. When we received the CGC it had her sex as M instead of F. All the paperwork was filled out properly but they did indeed make a mistake. They corrected it after I filed additional paperwork proving she was a female. It was a pain in the rear but they did work with me to fix the problem.

Now when I filed the I-751 somehow I typed in my date of death. Clearly I am not dead yet and because I read over the paperwork I caught that I was not really dead. It was my mistake. Upon printing out the new form somehow we forgot to sign the darn thing. My fault and the score is now even. It too came back after about 10 days.

Quit blaming the U.S.C.I.S :crying: (I know they are not perfect) but obviously we are not perfect either. :blink:

Will anyones life here change if it takes 11 months or 6 months to get a Permanent Green Card. You have not lost any rights and can still do whatever the heck you want including filing for Citizenship if your 10 year GC has not arrived yet. No big deal. I expect we get approved in the next week or two and if not we apply for Citizenship in May. Ain't nothing we can do about the timing!

LS

Edited by LastSurvivor

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Timeline

to those who missed it------------------- i was venting, with the hope it would ,as others pointed out, show others check.check.check.then throw it into the wind and hope.

with regards to the cost, it's a mere drop in the bucket..this is a case of my giving back government gained money back to them.

i lamely tried to make some humour about the postal service.

what DID really irritate me was the loss/lack of any discretionary ability that our governmental entities have.

please --no lectures on how it makes OUR system of government the best.

rules vs. guidelines

if discretion was not such a prized attribute we wouldn't be coached to use it all the time!

they had checked the paperwork..

they have just compounded the amount of time they need to spend on this case. a case of self sustaining employment?

what it boils down to is, i am sick of being 'taught ' that those in government positions know what is best for me and that they will continue to bla bla bla-------- NOW I'M RANTING sorry

i my own way i guess i'll just muddle thru.

my apologies to those who i made waste their time correcting me---------- duh . i didn't say THEY were wrong in what they did according to the rules. i say they should have had the room to exercise some discretion.

thanks to all

GOD BLESS AMERICA as i couldn't live anywhere else !!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If they received the package 92nd day before the second anniversary of the date your wife was accorded conditional resident status, you must have sent it 5 days early or more, way too early.

Having your wife's application returned to you is appropriate, no one to blame but you.

Thank you for sharing this. Others should learn from your experience.

Edited by pnrmbr975

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1. Filing jointly. If you are filing this petition jointly with your spouse, you must file it during the 90 days immediately before the second anniversary of the date you were accorded conditional resident status. This is the date your conditional residence expires.

Say if your anniversary date is todays date 03/26/2009, so when you start counting back, do you include this day, or start from yesterday? To be safe, should include the anniversary date as the first day. Then it says "you must file it" since we do not file it in person but use such means as FedEx or the USPS, does this mean the expected date they receive it or the day you mailed it, again to be safe, mailed it 90 days counting the anniversary date as the first day.

But what's the rush with a day or two, when it took them 14 months and a week before we received our green cards?

Here is another regulation on your interview notice, can also be denied entry if you are one second late in showing up at your appointed time, even though you can sit in the waiting room for three long hours before being called in. But can also deny entry if you show up over 20 minutes ahead of time, so you can stand outside in the snow or the rain. But how can you deal with an agency that has the power of life or death over you? You can't, so you do precisely what you are told.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.