sarahaziz

Lets Try this Again--- ALGERIANS!!

68 posts in this topic

Esalaams!

But Algerians couple, still better for you then other unfortunate couples going throu Casa and Cairo! Donnot get worried ... old and new Consul still speedier and friendly then other MENA consulates!

Hello again!

Thanks for the input... we're moving ahead with the fiance visa / K1!

As I mentioned my fiance is still a legal resident in France and will (enshallah) get that renewed in November. We were going to file in Paris, since that is where he lives, but we could also do Algiers - either one is fine for us (just a bit of added travel) - so I was wondering if there are any suggestions +/- for doing Paris consulate as opposed to the Algiers consulate in terms of the amount of time it will take for him to get a visa? I can't seem to find a comparison in the timelines page, just looking at the very few Algerian K1s.

Thanks!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbs::thumbs:

Any other Algerians on this board pending I 130 Cases for their Algerian spouses? If you've already been approved and theyre with you how many months in total did it take for your spouse to step foot in USA?

If you just simply got approved by a letter through mail How many months total did that take??

FEEL :help: FREE TO BE DETAILED

:thumbs: slt on est laaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaaams!

I am sorry for the late reply to this. My son is still bit ill ... and everything is hectic here for! But short reply (for longer one, plz email/IM me) ... DCF is still availible but wit 6m min residency in DZ but seems you want to do the k1 route. If you have all your papers in order, so that you donnot get RFE then the wait time is about 6-8m average. The embassy is very helpful and much easier. I think you would probably have harder time with CO in Europe then here ... elhamduallah since usually with MENA embassies everything is prolonged but at this one. They run a tight ship. ANy other questions again feel free to email me ... I live in Alger!

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Any other Algerians on this board pending I 130 Cases for their Algerian spouses? If you've already been approved and theyre with you how many months in total did it take for your spouse to step foot in USA?

If you just simply got approved by a letter through mail How many months total did that take??

Your husband will need to get a birth certificate that states you are married,

What wilaya was your marriage performed in?

Hi all Im new and im married to algerian,we married by proxy in Texas where I live. I am going to file I-130 in next few weeks still gathering things up .I would like to know if anyone has filed K-3 as well?and if so is it going faster then I-130?

Paula Bakhouche

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all Im new and im married to algerian,we married by proxy in Texas where I live. I am going to file I-130 in next few weeks still gathering things up .I would like to know if anyone has filed K-3 as well?and if so is it going faster then I-130?

I know this question is a little old but...my understanding is that marriage by proxy will work for immigration as long as you have subsequently met in person to consummate the marriage.

Okay, I just saved myself some embarrassment and found the thread where you stated that you did indeed spend several weeks together after the wedding :thumbs: but I'll go ahead and post this so someone else doesn't jump on the "proxy" detail (like I almost did :blush: ).

Hope you found the answer to your I-130/K-3 question and that the process is going well for you.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I-130 is faster now. The time that you save at the interview scheduling step with the K3 does not make up for the MONTHS longer that a K3 sits at the service center. good luck

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

I-130 is faster now. The time that you save at the interview scheduling step with the K3 does not make up for the MONTHS longer that a K3 sits at the service center. good luck

Good luck on the proxy thing, Im still holding my breath PaulaSue. PM me and I will give you tips of how not to get a RFE such as I did. I think I sent too much evidence that officer would not go thru paperwork to see honeymoon evidence.

And Yes I filed K3 for a good reason due to our proxy marriage. You might want to know about it also. got info right out of Foreign Affairs manuel with USCIS. May save a lot of frustration my Texas/MENA sister.

Beth

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.