sarahaziz

Lets Try this Again--- ALGERIANS!!

68 posts in this topic

Any other Algerians on this board pending I 130 Cases for their Algerian spouses? If you've already been approved and theyre with you how many months in total did it take for your spouse to step foot in USA?

If you just simply got approved by a letter through mail How many months total did that take??

FEEL :help: FREE TO BE DETAILED

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Any other Algerians on this board pending I 130 Cases for their Algerian spouses? If you've already been approved and theyre with you how many months in total did it take for your spouse to step foot in USA?

If you just simply got approved by a letter through mail How many months total did that take??

There are not alot of women here with Algerian spouses. Also, until January 2007, Algiers allowed DCF so you could just walk into the Consulate and hand in the I-130 where it was usually approved on the spot, thus avoideing USCIS completely. So, most of us who are through the process had a very different experience than those going through now. I think your best bet for getting an idea of time is to look at everyone (Algeria or no) who has waited on CSC lately. That is the step that is most time consuming for you as once you get to Algiers it is quick as can be.

Filed: Timeline

There are not alot of women here with Algerian spouses. Also, until January 2007, Algiers allowed DCF so you could just walk into the Consulate and hand in the I-130 where it was usually approved on the spot, thus avoideing USCIS completely. So, most of us who are through the process had a very different experience than those going through now. I think your best bet for getting an idea of time is to look at everyone (Algeria or no) who has waited on CSC lately. That is the step that is most time consuming for you as once you get to Algiers it is quick as can be.

I think I am the only CR1 on the boards because DCF stopped completely in January 2007. You are in for a wait. If you married in Algeria then you should do a k3. Mine got approved in 160 days and its been 2 weeks and I still am not at NVC. I have seen alot of k1s on here but I think I am the only cr1 on here right now. You are looking at 10 months to a year depending on service center. You should have been approved by now with your timeline. And be at NVC.

first you need to go back into your timeline and then post when you got your first receipt NOA1. Did you get married in Algeria or Tunisia? Did you only file an I130? Is your file in processing now? It should have already been approved by now. I am confused by your case because you did not fill out the right timeline that would let you track when you should have been approved. You need to go back into the timelines and fill in the cr timeline so you can be on the timelines. When your file is finished at USCIS it will be sent to NVC. But as far as cr1s, there are not alot of them from Algeria because its very very very difficult to get married in Algeria. Tunisia is much easier but if you marry in Tunisia and do a k3, your interview is there and its not an easy consulate to get through due to the fact in my opinion, its so so easy to marry there. You can get everything done in about 10 days by yourself and 6 days with notary. Even after your married, it can take up to 18 days to get your marriage recorded and I left without my marriage certificate and I was not able to pick it up without paying someone 100 dollars to give me a copy ( it normally costs about 1 dollar) But I got married in a village kind of far away from Tunis. Where you are interviewed depends on where you were married... Since I am doing a cr1 it s in the spouses home country. With a k3, thats in the country you were married. Hopefully NVC gets my petition in the next decade. I am very very annoyed with all of this...period...Its a long haul and wait but hopefully I will get through NVC soon... I havent even arrived there.. thats half the problem

But you need to be more forthcoming about where you were married and what you have filed exactly, what service center and what forms you have filed and what receipts you have for anyone to be able to give you a guestimate

Timeline

Her info says that she filed her I-130 with CSC on June 20. I don't see how she should have been at NVC by now. From the look of things, CSC is on May or June now and then, once approved, it takes a bit of time to get to NVC. If the application is a straightforward one, I would think she should get an approval soon. There are many other June filers still waiting for word.

I believe she is filing for her husband who she married in Algeria. It is difficult (or at least very time consuming) to get permission to marry an American in Algeria, but as a dual citizen she probably had no problem marrying in Algeria.

Her info says that she filed her I-130 with CSC on June 20. I don't see how she should have been at NVC by now. From the look of things, CSC is on May or June now and then, once approved, it takes a bit of time to get to NVC. If the application is a straightforward one, I would think she should get an approval soon. There are many other June filers still waiting for word.

I believe she is filing for her husband who she married in Algeria. It is difficult (or at least very time consuming) to get permission to marry an American in Algeria, but as a dual citizen she probably had no problem marrying in Algeria.

I filed June 19th and I am on my way to NVC right now ......I am kind of surprised she is here. I am sincerely doubting she is Algerian actually JP but to give her the benefit of the doubt, I am going to answer any questions she has about immigration. I am the only person I know doing a cr1 through algeria since the rules for dcf changed.. A few more months prior and I would have been able to bring him here right away. I really got caught in the new ####### rules.I have been done 2 weeks and have been checking NVC and I am still not there yet. Most women I know are doing k1s and just getting their husbands here. I only know one k3 from algeria that went through tunisia and they gave her the runaround for 7 months which is why I want to go through Algiers and ONLY Algiers . I wont have a problem with bona fides with 3 visits in one year for several weeks at a time...Its going to be a circus though trying to get through NVC without pullling my hair out. For me its the hellish wait.. not the embassy that scares me... its this nasty nasty long wait to be together

Even Algerians have to wait a while for papers... like go here and go there and get this stamp and that stamp....EVEN THEY have hassles. LOL LOL And LOL

Timeline

Even Algerians have to wait a while for papers... like go here and go there and get this stamp and that stamp....EVEN THEY have hassles. LOL LOL And LOL

But, they have to run around getting papers and stamps for anything. It is just the norm to get anything done. Given that, it is much much easier to marry an Algerian than an American. To be honest, when I first found VJ and some of the other boards, I was surprised to hear how people were having trouble getting married or even residency as when I was there I had a good friend marry an Americans with only a little hassle and my residency was not a problem at all. I think sometimes with a lumbering beaurocracy it is hit or miss.

At any rate, I agree, if you can go through Algiers you should. It is an easy quick consulate. You both should sail through.

I just don't want Sarah to think that everyone who filed in June has been approved. There are many June (especially late June) CSC filers still waiting, and, I think, very few who have made it to NVC yet. She is right on the six month mark that seems around the norm.

But, they have to run around getting papers and stamps for anything. It is just the norm to get anything done. Given that, it is much much easier to marry an Algerian than an American. To be honest, when I first found VJ and some of the other boards, I was surprised to hear how people were having trouble getting married or even residency as when I was there I had a good friend marry an Americans with only a little hassle and my residency was not a problem at all. I think sometimes with a lumbering beaurocracy it is hit or miss.

At any rate, I agree, if you can go through Algiers you should. It is an easy quick consulate. You both should sail through.

I just don't want Sarah to think that everyone who filed in June has been approved. There are many June (especially late June) CSC filers still waiting, and, I think, very few who have made it to NVC yet. She is right on the six month mark that seems around the norm.

I agree... I also went through Algiers when DCF was still available, but have known a few people here on VJ who have gone through the regular process with hardly any trouble. Judging by experience people have had with other MENA consulates, I'd say Algiers is the way to go.

Timeline

Once we had completed everything at NVC in Dec. 2004 the process went pretty quick with an interview date of Feb. 1st. We found the embassy to be very helpful and the interview went very smoothly.

SUE & NASR. EDDINE

Married March 25, 2004 - Tunis, Tunisia

Timelines are now in profile

02/23/05- Husband arrives............POE Newark, NJ!

CITIZENSHIP

02/23/09 - mailed citizenship papers to Lewisville, TX - priority mail

02/26/09 - received at TX

03/04/09 - Service Center deposits check

03/04/09 - NOA date

03/06/09 - check posted to my account

03/09/09 - NOA received in mail

06/04/09 - called Customer Service - in regards to not receiving bio appointment

06/13/09 - received letter in regards to my inquiry to Customer Service - stating husband had recently missed biometric appointment (never received a notice in mail) - going to be rescheduled - letter dated 06/05/09

06/17/09 - received Notice for biometrics appointment - dated 06/12/09

06/26/09 - Biometrics Appointment - St. Albans, VT

08/20/09 - Received Interview Appointment Letter

10/05/09 - Interview - Albany, NY- PASSED

10/23/09 - Oath Ceremony - Fort Edward, NY

01/28/10 - applied for US Passport

02/19/10 - received back naturalization certificate

02/22/10 - received US Passport

I think alot has to do with whatever bureucracy you run up against. We struggled to even find someone to help us even get the first papers... we couldnt get them.... paper and paper and then place after place.... we ended up getting married of the country

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I will start by saying that in my heart I believe you are Algerian.

I only know a couple of people who filed K-1's in Algeria and they said the Consulate was always empty and everything was very easy. Good luck!

Your husband will need to get a birth certificate that states you are married,

What wilaya was your marriage performed in?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.