sarahaziz

Lets Try this Again--- ALGERIANS!!

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Once we had completed everything at NVC in Dec. 2004 the process went pretty quick with an interview date of Feb. 1st. We found the embassy to be very helpful and the interview went very smoothly.

why do you think you were at NVC so long sue?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Any other Algerians on this board pending I 130 Cases for their Algerian spouses? If you've already been approved and theyre with you how many months in total did it take for your spouse to step foot in USA?

If you just simply got approved by a letter through mail How many months total did that take??

FEEL :help: FREE TO BE DETAILED

Your husband will need to get a birth certificate that states you are married,

What wilaya was your marriage performed in?

If you marry in Algeria, this is a standard step and done easily. So much so that I would guess Sarah already has it.

Even though we were married in the US, when we went to get it registered in Algeria the biggest stumbling block was the time it took to get the Algerian Embassy in the US to verify our marriage certificate. Once this was done, the birth cerificate and the livre de famille were easy. In the end, the CO did not request to see either. Not that I wouldn't highly recommend having them for the interview.

I do not want to overstate how easy the interview is in Algiers because things may have changed or may yet change, but if you based your expectations on the stories from other Consulates I think you would be much more worried than you need to be. They are pretty respectful and noncombative. I cannot imagine any legit relationship (much less one that has made it through CSC and NVC already) being denied. Have good evidence, organized well so they can flip through it. The spouse can go to the interview. They ask a few questions about how you met, how you communicate, how often. They take your prints and out the door you go.

Sarah and Wahrania, when you do get your interviews I hope you will post and let us know how it went as we have so few people going through Algiers it will be helpful info for others to come.

Any other Algerians on this board pending I 130 Cases for their Algerian spouses? If you've already been approved and theyre with you how many months in total did it take for your spouse to step foot in USA?

If you just simply got approved by a letter through mail How many months total did that take??

Have we answered your questions?

ELMASHKOOR MAG3OOR

Your husband will need to get a birth certificate that states you are married,

What wilaya was your marriage performed in?

If you marry in Algeria, this is a standard step and done easily. So much so that I would guess Sarah already has it.

Even though we were married in the US, when we went to get it registered in Algeria the biggest stumbling block was the time it took to get the Algerian Embassy in the US to verify our marriage certificate. Once this was done, the birth cerificate and the livre de famille were easy. In the end, the CO did not request to see either. Not that I wouldn't highly recommend having them for the interview.

I do not want to overstate how easy the interview is in Algiers because things may have changed or may yet change, but if you based your expectations on the stories from other Consulates I think you would be much more worried than you need to be. They are pretty respectful and noncombative. I cannot imagine any legit relationship (much less one that has made it through CSC and NVC already) being denied. Have good evidence, organized well so they can flip through it. The spouse can go to the interview. They ask a few questions about how you met, how you communicate, how often. They take your prints and out the door you go.

Sarah and Wahrania, when you do get your interviews I hope you will post and let us know how it went as we have so few people going through Algiers it will be helpful info for others to come.

Well.. my thing went backwards,,, we had to have the permit du marriage in Tunis from Algeria to marry.....he had to have a certificate d celebetaire and then when we went home, when I applied to return to Algeria,thats when they registered our marriage. I had to give them copies of the marriage contract, the certificate and the letter from the Algerian embassy of Tunis giving him the right to marry me. Then they issued me a one year multiple entry visa each entry 90 days called visa familial. Normally I have to pay 100 each time but now i have a visa if I want to go back some time this year i can. We were married in Tunisia so everything is in Arabic and so it was pretty easy for them to verify it because the marriage contract had to be witnessed and signed about about 30 people. I saw several rfes for people who did not include their marriage contract and only their certificate. I actually sent in the marriage contract first and then the certificate after....

so anyway, by next week Ill have the final papers for my attorney to finish our case in preparation for the embassy.My ds230 goes out to him tomorrow.. and Ill have the other certificates next week... my I 864 is already up there with my attorney as well as my fees have been paid.Now I am just waiting for the file to hit NVC and then I think I have to sign some tax transcripts or something and then next week when my husband finally gets his new passport, Ill foward that on to the attorney...but it will be a relief to have all the paper work done.. thats for sure.....it will be nice to be done with all of this thats for sure

Actually i dont think i am same with wahranias timeline because shes doing a CR1 visa? am not sure if its same time or same visa?? Many algerians dont travel to usa they will travel to france and thank god for this because my spouse can come by immigration visa quickly through the embassy i dont think they will even question him but who knows. I married near wilaya de jijel on papers first and it took only 1 week and my mother and father were with me. this was many months ago like in febuary 12th but i dont know if it really matters because my father sent the papers for immigration and got a WAC reciept number on June 19th. my spouse of course we sent his birth certificate which also has my name on the side and another separate copie de mariage because we wanted to send many proof so we didnt get any papers sent back to us as mistakes or more evidence. I havent had my file "touched" or even updated in the whole 6 months process and 6 months wait is over. For anyone else who didnt know when I called them a nice man said they are working on may 19 2007 and they will start working on another batch of work on Dec 14 2007 I dont know if its true but i hope he was truthful and not giving false hope. I AM a citizen of USA so i herd i have priority over Permanent Residents. they are still working on year 2005 for Permanent Residents i believe. And citizens are getting 2007 done. I will definitely post when i get news on my case but i will disappear from the boards after he comes :D jpaula you are so helpful thank you very much

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

I will start by saying that in my heart I believe you are Algerian.

I only know a couple of people who filed K-1's in Algeria and they said the Consulate was always empty and everything was very easy. Good luck!

you talk so cute :lol:

you know i am just thinking, maybe because my father sent so many papers along with the visa as proof to our marriage, birth certificates, all in original copies etc.. maybe they didnt look at my papers because they will approve it??? i dont know its a hopefull thought. I did also send k3 in July 9. but they sent the money back to me and my k3 is still valid but i dont know if they will use it....probably not.

Wahrania are you actually algerian or a wife of an algerian? I didn't meet an algerian who asked me proof of my origin yet that's why im asking. A canadian woman who married an aquaintance of my husband she was very protective over his origin after marriage and considered herself algerian against another american woman there who also married an algerian. She was protective over how the word "wallah" was said she got mad and was like its not WALLAHI ITS WALLAH and was telling the other woman not to speak to her husband. i dont know what that was about :huh: so im just curious if you american or really algerian?

Timeline
you know i am just thinking, maybe because my father sent so many papers along with the visa as proof to our marriage, birth certificates, all in original copies etc.. maybe they didnt look at my papers because they will approve it??? i dont know its a hopefull thought. I did also send k3 in July 9. but they sent the money back to me and my k3 is still valid but i dont know if they will use it....probably not.

Someone with more experience with the service centers should probably answer this, but I do think it is common to be approved without being "touched" first. If your file is obviously approvable, everything is in order and they don't want any additional info, then it is just a question of them getting to your case.

PS My husband's grandparents were from jijel. I have never been there, only seen pictures, but next time we visit Algeria we really hope to go.

Someone with more experience with the service centers should probably answer this, but I do think it is common to be approved without being "touched" first. If your file is obviously approvable, everything is in order and they don't want any additional info, then it is just a question of them getting to your case.

PS My husband's grandparents were from jijel. I have never been there, only seen pictures, but next time we visit Algeria we really hope to go.

jijel is a city with a beach and many shopping arenas. i usually go there for grocery shopping. they have nice things clothe shoes etc but expensive $$$ if you know where is bejaia you should go shopping there :thumbs:

If you sent the k3 ,you are no longer a cr1. Your cr1 will be held until adjudication of the k3. You need to fill in the timeline for the k3 with all the receipt dates and then the system will give you an estimate.

Your cr1 is being held for the adjudication of your k3

Wahrania are you actually algerian or a wife of an algerian? I didn't meet an algerian who asked me proof of my origin yet that's why im asking. A canadian woman who married an aquaintance of my husband she was very protective over his origin after marriage and considered herself algerian against another american woman there who also married an algerian. She was protective over how the word "wallah" was said she got mad and was like its not WALLAHI ITS WALLAH and was telling the other woman not to speak to her husband. i dont know what that was about :huh: so im just curious if you american or really algerian?

Are you kabilye?

You say you are from Bejaja or Jiljel. Are you by chance kabilye?

Timeline

jijel is a city with a beach and many shopping arenas. i usually go there for grocery shopping. they have nice things clothe shoes etc but expensive $$$ if you know where is bejaia you should go shopping there :thumbs:

I do know Bejaia. The drive along the coast from Algiers is one of my favorites. I didn't do any shopping there, but I did eat more sardines than I want to admit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.