visaveteran1

Mosocw Medical Exam Controversy

89 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
America has it's issues...for sure. But everybody seems to want to live here for some reason. Anyway...you can always go back to Russia. And I know enough about Russian men to know that tens of thousands of Russian women are looking outside Russia for men.

This is exactly the kind of attitude that makes me fall off my chair.

Not everyone wants to live in America. Most people in the world don't.

And these "thousands of women" are looking outside for other reasons, not because the Russian men are so bad. I certainly wish you all the best and hope you won't one day find out what these reasons are.

And yes, I can always go back to Russia. Thank God for that.

I wish you the best also...and maybe you should thank god you live in the USA cause so many foreign women on this site want to come here so badly.

I've had 5 Russian girlfriends and talked to many others...and they all say the same thing...the Russian men drink too much vodka...and even if married they chase young women, and they're basically lazy.

The only Russian men I relate to are the Afghanistan veterans who, like the Vietnam vets, are struggling.

Nancy has every right to be indignant. Moscow is every bit as "civilized" (whatever the hell that means) as any other large, modern city on this planet. If you want to criticize Moscow for the crime, you've obviously never been to our nation's capital, Washington D.C. It's the murder capital of the world. If you want to criticize Moscow for depravity, you've obviously never been to Los Angeles. Organized crime? Welcome to Los Vegas. Political corruption? 3 words: Diebold voting machines.

And you're right, America still ranks right up there for places people want to live in the world. It's a great country. But we don't have to knock down someone else's country (literally or figuratively) to prove it.

Sorry, I don't mean to stir things up (well ok, maybe a little bit). But I think we need to start looking right in our own backyard before we start name-calling other countries.

:thumbs:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I've had 5 Russian girlfriends and talked to many others...and they all say the same thing...the Russian men drink too much vodka...and even if married they chase young women, and they're basically lazy.

Your impression of Russian men is derived from women who date western men, so you are bound to get a skewed impression. Much like the impression Russian women are getting from western men that all western women are overweight feminazi slobs. There's some truth to both arguments, but only some.

Alcoholism is a huge problem for Russia, and it hits men the hardest, just as it does in every other society. Part of it is cultural (an abuse of the cultural aspect, I should add), part is the economic situation, and there are many other factors I'm sure. What's worse, is that meth is starting to catch up to vodka as the drug of choice for young Russian men, and it's killing them faster and more efficiently than vodka ever did. Spousal abuse, meanwhile, is the number one killer of married Russian women. It's an epidemic.

Contrast this with the fact that the number one killer of black youths in this country are black youths. Inner city kids are dying in large numbers from crime and drug addiction. It's an epidemic. But if you look across the country as a whole, this does not typify the young black male experience as a whole, or even as a majority.

There's a whole different story to be told in both demographics that can't be easily explained by the stereotypes. Just because it's a problem doesn't mean it is somehow pervasive throughout the entire or even most of the demographic. In fact, if even a signifigant percentage of Russian men were drunken wife-beating maniacs, Russia would collapse into anarchy overnight.

As for Russian men being lazy, I'll remind you that up until very recently they were one of two superpowers in the world. They put a satellite in space before we did, they put a man in space before we did, they've contributed some of the best and brightest scientists and mathematicians the world has ever known, and a large majority of the population who live outside the big cities are farmers who spend every day in the fields to feed their families and their country. And unlike their American counterparts, they did it all while working under an incredibly difficult and oppressive system of government, and they continue to do it under an incredibly difficult and evolving political structure and economy. Lazy isn't exactly how I would describe the Russian man. (I spent 6 years studying the Soviet Union, so I'm not just pulling this stuff out of my ###.)

And these "thousands of women" are looking outside for other reasons, not because the Russian men are so bad. I certainly wish you all the best and hope you won't one day find out what these reasons are.

Please share these reasons.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

As usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Lots of people do want to come to America, but its a very small percentage of the total world population. Lots of Russian men are lazy drunks, but not all. Russian society has problems, American society has problems. Blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda. A very stale conversation.

Also, I have to point out, of course your girlfriends told you that about Russian men! I am no expert on women, but I think you need to think about why they are saying this... Its common with women all over the world... I won't explain.

And... Why are Americans not allowed to critisize other countries but people of other nationalities are so quick to critisize and judge America and Americans?

That being said, all the Russian immigrants I know who went through Moscow had no problems at any of the clinics. Even MOM.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
and maybe you should thank god you live in the USA cause so many foreign women on this site want to come here so badly.

Hmm... logic? Many women may want it, I don't care. I never wanted this for myself. I never even thought of it. I wanted to live in Europe at one point, but never in America. And it's not really nice to tell people waht they should think.

I mean, I liked living in Moscow much better than in the crime-ridden area of San Jose where you can't leave your car on the street cause it gets broken into and people sell drugs in the middle of the day right in front of you. Sure Moscow has it all too, but here it's so in your face, I can't seem to be able to get away from it.

And... Why are Americans not allowed to critisize other countries but people of other nationalities are so quick to critisize and judge America and Americans?

Everyone is allowed everything. But I have actually lived in the USA a few years, so I have experienced it first-hand. If I had merely visited a country a few times, I think I'd still be entitled to an opinion, but it would probably have no merit. That's what I think of the OP's opinion - he is entitled to it, but it's not really based on much, imho.

Let's just all get real - enough of that "America is paradise" bull. It's good to try to find the middle ground - seems to always work best :thumbs:

AO Medicina, btw, is a very good clinic, I would recommend it. I don't know about the other one.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Timeline

Please share these reasons.

They just want to use you for a green card. Very simple.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

So you're telling me that all 50,000+ women on these websites simply want to use a guy to get a green card.... but yet "not everyone wants to come to the U.S."???

I'm just being argumentative here. I know there are several types of people online and in each country and the whole thing is what it is. But, you have to acknowledge certain things are the way they are for certain reasons. Sure, they're not the same reasons for everyone, but I still haven't seen the website with 50,000+ Russian men looking for green cards through American women and until you can show it to me, I'm going to have to go ahead and assume things (and people) are a certain way on both sides.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

AO Medicina is a very nice place. Very quick, efficient and polite. I had a good experience there.

And so many people want to come to America because they think that America is a paradise. But once they actually get here, they see that it is not. After all, any place is good if you have money. No place is good if you don't.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We had a Russian man on our site that was interested in meeting a lady from another country as he wanted to leave Russia. But in the year we had his profile online, not one lady wrote him even a single letter.

You are correct not all women on introduction sites are looking for a "green card". Most simply want to find some stability in their life and they consider the chances are much higher with a man from a different country.

So you're telling me that all 50,000+ women on these websites simply want to use a guy to get a green card.... but yet "not everyone wants to come to the U.S."???

I'm just being argumentative here. I know there are several types of people online and in each country and the whole thing is what it is. But, you have to acknowledge certain things are the way they are for certain reasons. Sure, they're not the same reasons for everyone, but I still haven't seen the website with 50,000+ Russian men looking for green cards through American women and until you can show it to me, I'm going to have to go ahead and assume things (and people) are a certain way on both sides.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I don't believe those stories about harassment.

People, give me a break here. It is Moscow, a civilized city after all!

Where do you get those strange ideas about Russia?

I suspect stripping naked in front of a panel of men, being penetrated with non-medical objects "in order to ascertain that you are not a man", being subjected to comments about not being a patriot for considering leaving your country, about how desireable your physical aspects may be in front of this panel of men (were they all doctors and nurses?) without any women present might, in the mind of a reasonable person, constitute harassment. Maybe not. But I'd urge anyone to stay away from MOM.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Timeline

Our second time around, we used AO Medicina. By and large, it was satisfactory.

But, at that time, AO Medicina was not following CDC vaccination guidelines and was requiring that everyone, regardless of age, get MMR vaccines. (They may have changed subsequently.) In fact, CDC does not require (and apparently does not even recommend) MMR for people over the age of 50 because the possibility of arthritis-like side-effects increases substantially with age. In fact, my wife developed what her doctors believed looked like a full-blown case of rubella (she was put into isolation at home until the rash subsided). Luckily, she appears to have escaped worse effects.

I would still urge AO Medicina but also urge that petitioners learn throughly about vaccination requirements and have their beneficiaries well aware of what they need to get and don't need to get in the way of vaccination. Even at that, one may not be able to protect a beneficiary from getting unnecessary vaccinations.

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand

11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

after visiting doctor here in the USa at kaiser i strongly believe russia is way civilized!!!!

I did in MOm and was not very happy becausee the vaccinations they gave me came out not full and i had to do more here in the usa.so far of what i heard ao medicina is more expensive but service is better.one problem you should shedule your visit.

Timeline

According to the Dept. of State website for The Moscow Embassy there are 4 designated clinics for this exam:

1. International Organization for Migration

2. Filatov Clinic

3. AO Meditsina

4. Children's Hospital #1 (It appears this one is in Vladivostok)

None of these appear to be the MOM clinic mentioned in this thread and given such a bad reputation. My SO will be going thru this process shortly (God willing!) and I would appreciate someone clearing up the confussion over this discrepancy without getting into an argument about Russian men and why Russian women are looking beyond their borders for a SO. The OP asked a very reasonable question and somehow the thread took a serious turn into something else. :ot2:

As I understand so far, most feel that this MOM clinic is bad but the AOM clinic is the clinic of choice. Is this correct?

US Embassy Medical Exam locations in Moscow

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline
According to the Dept. of State website for The Moscow Embassy there are 4 designated clinics for this exam:

1. International Organization for Migration

2. Filatov Clinic

3. AO Meditsina

4. Children's Hospital #1 (It appears this one is in Vladivostok)

None of these appear to be the MOM clinic mentioned in this thread and given such a bad reputation. My SO will be going thru this process shortly (God willing!) and I would appreciate someone clearing up the confussion over this discrepancy without getting into an argument about Russian men and why Russian women are looking beyond their borders for a SO. The OP asked a very reasonable question and somehow the thread took a serious turn into something else. :ot2:

As I understand so far, most feel that this MOM clinic is bad but the AOM clinic is the clinic of choice. Is this correct?

US Embassy Medical Exam locations in Moscow

Cleaerly NavarreMan does not know that the acronym for the International Organization for Migration, in Russian, is MOM. If you like the sort of treatment I describe, which doesn't happen everytime but does happen frequently, but all means, send your loved one to MOM.

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand

11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview

Timeline

"Cleaely" my ignorance of such issues is self-evident. I apologize for being such a stupid dumbass. I will defer all questions in the future to persons of such intelligence, intellect and worldly knowledge such as yourself.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.