visaveteran1

Mosocw Medical Exam Controversy

89 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Awhile back there was a discussion about problems at a med clinic in Moscow that was harassing females during their exams. My wife will eventually have to get her exam in Moscow and I'm wondering what is the current situation with med exams?

What do folks suggest is the best clinic for the exam?

Thanks!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife went to AO Meditsina and had no problems. They were professional to my wife and her daughter.

1-13-2007 married

3-11-2007 I-130 sent NSC

3-19-2007 NOA1

3-21-2007 touch

8-17-2007 touch

8-22-2007 touch

8-23-2007 Approved

8-30-2007 touch

3-30-2007 I-129F Chicago

4-5-2007 NOA1

4-9-2007 touch

4-10-2007 touch

4-23-2007 touch

4-24-2007 touch

4-25-2007 Transferred to CSC

4-26-2007 touch

5-11-2007 touch

8-22-2007 touch

8-22-2007 Approved

8-30-2007 touch

9-28-2007 Received by NVC

10-4-2007 Left NVC sent to Moscow

12-4-2007 Interview. Success

Wow, you get a choice :blink: Some countries you don't have that option :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't believe those stories about harassment.

People, give me a break here. It is Moscow, a civilized city after all!

Where do you get those strange ideas about Russia?

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Timeline

I've been to Russian 5 times and Moscow 3 times, and i would not call it civilized. Crime is high and it is not safe at night. The mafia runs the taxis and airports and most everything else. The hotels and restaurants are all rip-offs, and recently the Mosocw traffic makes NYC look like a rural town.

Additionally, Russian men have a well-deserved reputation for mistreatment of women. Along those lines, the MOM exam clinic was notorious for making the women strip and then having a staring fest complete with verbal profanity much like one might expect at a Russian strip club.

Civilized?

Filed: Timeline
Along those lines, the MOM exam clinic was notorious for making the women strip and then having a staring fest complete with verbal profanity much like one might expect at a Russian strip club.

Civilized?

I won't argue the definition of "civilized," but this is not the first time I've heard of inappropriate behavior at the MOM clinic. In fact it's about the 3rd or 4th time. My SO won't be going through MOM, that's for sure.

My S/O went through the clinic in Vladivostok, so if your S/O is out that way..... it may be a better option to go to that one prior to going to Moscow.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I've been to Russian 5 times and Moscow 3 times, and i would not call it civilized. Crime is high and it is not safe at night. The mafia runs the taxis and airports and most everything else. The hotels and restaurants are all rip-offs, and recently the Mosocw traffic makes NYC look like a rural town.

Additionally, Russian men have a well-deserved reputation for mistreatment of women. Along those lines, the MOM exam clinic was notorious for making the women strip and then having a staring fest complete with verbal profanity much like one might expect at a Russian strip club.

Civilized?

Oh sure, how can we compete with the civilized America where there's no crime at all. I mean, no one can shoot you at a mall in the middle of the day :whistle: If crime and mafia and high prices are what makes you label a country "uncivilized", then your motherland is at the top of the list.

Well, it's your opinion, you're entitled to it. I'm entitled to mine, and I think your opinion is wrong, and if my husband ever dared to say something like that about my country, he would now be divorced and thinking of what to do with his lonely life. I'm sure glad you happen to have a spouse with views similar to yours.

And you know s**t about Russian men.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well as someone that lived with his fiancée for a year, in Russia, I can tell you, I have witnessd some pretty less than civilized attitudes and especially in Moscow. I most certainly can believe it! :yes:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Civilized?

Oh sure, how can we compete with the civilized America where there's no crime at all. I mean, no one can shoot you at a mall in the middle of the day :whistle: If crime and mafia and high prices are what makes you label a country "uncivilized", then your motherland is at the top of the list.

Well, it's your opinion, you're entitled to it. I'm entitled to mine, and I think your opinion is wrong, and if my husband ever dared to say something like that about my country, he would now be divorced and thinking of what to do with his lonely life. I'm sure glad you happen to have a spouse with views similar to yours.

And you know s**t about Russian men.

America has it's issues...for sure. But everybody seems to want to live here for some reason. Anyway...you can always go back to Russia. And I know enough about Russian men to know that tens of thousands of Russian women are looking outside Russia for men.

Filed: Timeline

Nancy has every right to be indignant. Moscow is every bit as "civilized" (whatever the hell that means) as any other large, modern city on this planet. If you want to criticize Moscow for the crime, you've obviously never been to our nation's capital, Washington D.C. It's the murder capital of the world. If you want to criticize Moscow for depravity, you've obviously never been to Los Angeles. Organized crime? Welcome to Los Vegas. Political corruption? 3 words: Diebold voting machines.

And you're right, America still ranks right up there for places people want to live in the world. It's a great country. But we don't have to knock down someone else's country (literally or figuratively) to prove it.

Sorry, I don't mean to stir things up (well ok, maybe a little bit). But I think we need to start looking right in our own backyard before we start name-calling other countries.

Timeline
America has it's issues...for sure. But everybody seems to want to live here for some reason. Anyway...you can always go back to Russia. And I know enough about Russian men to know that tens of thousands of Russian women are looking outside Russia for men.

This is exactly the kind of attitude that makes me fall off my chair.

Not everyone wants to live in America. Most people in the world don't.

And these "thousands of women" are looking outside for other reasons, not because the Russian men are so bad. I certainly wish you all the best and hope you won't one day find out what these reasons are.

And yes, I can always go back to Russia. Thank God for that.

Nancy has every right to be indignant. Moscow is every bit as "civilized" (whatever the hell that means) as any other large, modern city on this planet. If you want to criticize Moscow for the crime, you've obviously never been to our nation's capital, Washington D.C. It's the murder capital of the world. If you want to criticize Moscow for depravity, you've obviously never been to Los Angeles. Organized crime? Welcome to Los Vegas. Political corruption? 3 words: Diebold voting machines.

And you're right, America still ranks right up there for places people want to live in the world. It's a great country. But we don't have to knock down someone else's country (literally or figuratively) to prove it.

Sorry, I don't mean to stir things up (well ok, maybe a little bit). But I think we need to start looking right in our own backyard before we start name-calling other countries.

:thumbs:

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

What exactly is medical here in Moscow? Will I have to spend like half of the day in a medical center attending dozens of doctors and staying in lines? How much time does it usually take?

Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline
What exactly is medical here in Moscow? Will I have to spend like half of the day in a medical center attending dozens of doctors and staying in lines? How much time does it usually take?

Sasha

Yes

Sasha

Yes

Not sure how long or number of doctors...but you need vaccinations.

Timeline

This is exactly the kind of attitude that makes me fall off my chair.

Not everyone wants to live in America. Most people in the world don't.

And these "thousands of women" are looking outside for other reasons, not because the Russian men are so bad. I certainly wish you all the best and hope you won't one day find out what these reasons are.

And yes, I can always go back to Russia. Thank God for that.

I wish you the best also...and maybe you should thank god you live in the USA cause so many foreign women on this site want to come here so badly.

I've had 5 Russian girlfriends and talked to many others...and they all say the same thing...the Russian men drink too much vodka...even if married they chase young women, and they're lazy.

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.