Usui Takumi

General Q.- What happens after a 30 day service request

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi, this Friday I will be able to put in a service request for USCIS to begin searching for my application as they have apparently lost it so.......assuming the worst, after the 30 day search period what happens next?

I thought I had read that you are given a case officer name and address to send a second application to so that they can begin processing it right away...or this may be wishful thinking on my part, though I would assume they wouldn't make me refile with the January filers as I would have waited 4 months for them to tell me if they had lost it or not. If that were the case I would have been much better off ignoring protocol and sending the second app. weeks ago.

What makes you think your case is lost?

Lack of NOA maybe?

No there are quite a few of us waiting since august for this little item - I made the call, did a tracer and got email yesterday and it stated...you are not in the system, please provide us with your receipt number.....ummm hello that was the jest of the tracer lol.

Not going to get upset anymore, let it take its course cause their are too many of us and they will get caught up. I was on the mindset that it was lost until I spoke with some people and their timeframes.

Good luck to you and for now I would not refile. IMOW tho. And no I was never told about the new file being assigned to someone to expedite since we are not in that timeframe yet and I think its there, just buried with alot of other app's.

Cheers

Susie

look at my timeframe and some others and the threads for august sept filers and you will see what is going on. BE PATIENT and yes i hate that sentence but am applying it now for nothing much else we can do right now.

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Timeline
Hi, this Friday I will be able to put in a service request for USCIS to begin searching for my application as they have apparently lost it so.......assuming the worst, after the 30 day search period what happens next?

After 90 days, they initiate a search that can take up to--as you mentioned--30 days. Anecdotal evidence indicates that it almost always takes less than 30 days, usually only a week or two. After the investigation they will either instruct you to re-file if they can't find your application, or they will have located your petition and will schedule it for processing based on the received date.

If I were you, I wouldn't wait until Friday. Do it now and just tell them that it's been 90 days since you filed. Get the process started, they're not going to quibble about a few days. I mean, they might whine about it only being 87 days *after* they find your application, but by then they'll have found it.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

In general the delay has diminished for filers after October 1st. However there are still a handful of August/September Filers without NOA1s. My conclusion is that in the mad rush that occured July-September the applications have likely been misplaced but are probably not perm. lost. However, the likelyhood of them finding a misplaced application in a year with 2.4m apps seems wishful thinking.

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm not saying you should not file a service request.

But you are using words like 'in general' and 'handful'. What does that tell you about what is going on?

In general the delay has diminished for filers after October 1st. However there are still a handful of August/September Filers without NOA1s. My conclusion is that in the mad rush that occured July-September the applications have likely been misplaced but are probably not perm. lost. However, the likelyhood of them finding a misplaced application in a year with 2.4m apps seems wishful thinking.

Filed: Timeline
So your saying that if they can't find it, they've basically wasted 4 months of my time?

Not exactly. If they can't find your petition then they will honor the original received date when you send in your new petition. So you will still go back into line as an August filer.

It's highly unlikely that they irretrievably lost your petition. I just did a quick VJ search and couldn't find a single instance of anyone having to re-submit their petition because it was lost.

Call today and get them started working on it. Tell them you sent it in on (today - 90 days).

Edited by mox

Filed: Other Timeline
So your saying that if they can't find it, they've basically wasted 4 months of my time?

Not exactly. If they can't find your petition then they will honor the original received date when you send in your new petition. So you will still go back into line as an August filer.

It's highly unlikely that they irretrievably lost your petition. I just did a quick VJ search and couldn't find a single instance of anyone having to re-submit their petition because it was lost.

Call today and get them started working on it. Tell them you sent it in on (today - 90 days).

It happens. But it's rare. Extremely rare.

Files are tracked by bar codes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.