one...two...tree

Offenders' mugs posted to deter DUI

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

just take them out and shoot them if they fail the breathalizer. no repeat offenders :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This is nothing new. Lots of small town newspapers have the "police blotter" section where the names and addresses of the night's arrests are listed and made public.

I was going to say - that a website probably isn't going to really "shame" people all that much as it would if the person's mugshot found its way into a local newspaper. Still I'm not really convinced that a modern incarnation of putting people in the stocks is an entirely great idea - and the idea has been tried pretty disastrously in Britain, although that was for Child Sex offenders rather than drink drivers. Had some pretty unfortunate, unforseen consequences.

As deterrents go - you'd do better with harsher fines, having your license revoked and not being able to get it back without some sort of probation period.

Edited by Number 6

Speaking as someone who has lost two family members (grandfather and uncle) because they crashed their vehicles while under the influence of alcohol, I support anything that helps to deter people from getting behind the wheel while drunk.

Agreed Cassie. When it comes to drinking and driving... DON'T. Yet, people don't get it.... but then again, since when are drunks rational?

Hope this works and has some impact.

I also hope it does some good. But I know it wouldnt work around here. Rednecks dearly love to have their 15 minutes of fame. I can just see some of my old classmates trying to one-up each other for this sort of thing. Wierdos.

Unfortunately, too many people think they're fit to drive when they're obviously not.

That's your wisdom teeth kicking in right there :P

Your avatar cat cracks me up :lol:

Speaking of such things, I just happened to be listening to Enrique Iglesias' Not in Love while reading this thread. I noticed her little warrior was dancing quite nicely in time to the music. I wonder if it works with other songs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In Ohio, they force convicted offenders to display a special red on yellow license plate on their vehicle so all other drivers can point fingers. You'd be surprised how many young drivers look at it as a status tag instead of an embarrassment.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
In Ohio, they force convicted offenders to display a special red on yellow license plate on their vehicle so all other drivers can point fingers. You'd be surprised how many young drivers look at it as a status tag instead of an embarrassment.

We have the same program in El Paso...

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interesting.

Filed: Timeline

I don't doubt it either --- usually extreme alcohol consumption and stupidity go hand in hand :angry:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't doubt it either --- usually extreme alcohol consumption and stupidity go hand in hand :angry:

Same I think with the Anti-Social Behaviour Orders they've been handing out in the UK.

I wonder if it will have any deterrent effect, as the decision to drive drunk is usually made while drunk, not exactly the best state of mind for careful decision making.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I wonder if it will have any deterrent effect, as the decision to drive drunk is usually made while drunk, not exactly the best state of mind for careful decision making.

Good point.

Filed: Timeline

Not really, I don't think. The decision is made when people drive to the bar or are you saying that they drive to the bar with the intent to call a cab to get back home or not to drink? Honestly, I think when people pull up to the pub, the decision to dui home is already made. It's the extent to which the driver will be impaired that's yet to be "decided" but the basic decision to drive drunk was made while sober.

I disagree. This is just big-brother fascism.

I agree with VJT.

Remember: drinking and driving is not illegal.

Drinking too much and driving is.

Unfortunately, too many people think they're fit to drive when they're obviously not.

And they keep upping the fines and lowering the BAC limits. Watch out folks.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Speaking as someone who has lost two family members (grandfather and uncle) because they crashed their vehicles while under the influence of alcohol, I support anything that helps to deter people from getting behind the wheel while drunk.

:thumbs::yes:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne