Singers

LSAT and Law School...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I just finished taking the LSAT today... 5 hours of sitting in a lousy little auditorium desk/chair. I have no idea how I did but I'm thinking it can't be that great because I totally messed up one of the logic games... at this rate I will take anything above a 150. LOL.

And the sickest part... I'm actually looking into taking an immigration course or two... IF I get in to law school. (And that's a pretty freaking big IF right now.)

Now I have to sit around and wait for my results... at least I'm used to the waiting game thanks to this process! :lol:

Nothing I say is legal advice. I recommend you consult a qualified immigration attorney for any questions you may have.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

On the popular children's television show, there are four little animals that make up the Creature Buddies are digitally animate. Since that means that they can't make a live stage performance, while the Creature Buddies are on tour, each is represented by a puppet that is operated by a chief and an assistant puppeteer.

The Creature Buddies are a: Dragon, Gorilla, Kangaroo, and Tiger.

The Creature's Names are: Audrey, Hamish, Melville, Rex

The Chief Puppeteers are: Ben, Jill, Paul and Sue

The Assistant Puppeteers are: Dave, Gale, Pam and Tom

Melville isn't the puppet who is operated by Sue and her assistant Pam.

Hamish's chief puppeteer (who is not Jill) is assisted by Tom.

Ben is in charge of the dragon, but Jill doesn't have anything to do with the kangaroo.

Dave is the assistant puppeteer for the tiger.

Rex, whose chief is Paul, isn't the gorilla (who's name is not Melville).

What is the name of the dragon?

ugh is right and I took the LSAT for fun, since I never went to Law School.

I am sure you did fine. :) Have faith.

Edited by Delicia

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Congrats :thumbs: You probably did better than you think

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline

I took the LSAT seven years ago and had a pretty good score. I took a prep course with the Princeton Review and went on to graduate law school three years later.

Good Luck on your score and if you do get in(which I'm sure you will :) ) Life as a 1L is pretty standard for all first year students and it is high-paced and pretty cut-throat. You'll be studying contacts, torts, criminal law, civ pro, evidence and some sort of "lawyering process". Life as a 2L gets somewhat easier and you'll begin to be able to take electives. My 3L year, I was pretty much interning and doing legal clinics and preparing for firm offers. Get past that 1L year and you will more than likely be just fine. Watch out for the Socratic method and "the curve" though. Again, good luck.

drinkblink14.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks!

I actually feel bad for those young kids walking out of the hall (being a mature candidate myself :whistle: ) crying thinking that their lives are over because they messed up this test. For me, not that big a deal. Granted I would love to have rocked the exam but if I didn't, then no big deal. Life goes on....

I'm just glad it is over.

Nothing I say is legal advice. I recommend you consult a qualified immigration attorney for any questions you may have.

Filed: Timeline
Thanks!

I actually feel bad for those young kids walking out of the hall (being a mature candidate myself :whistle: ) crying thinking that their lives are over because they messed up this test. For me, not that big a deal. Granted I would love to have rocked the exam but if I didn't, then no big deal. Life goes on....

Good for you, and that is the exact attitude that will serve you well in law school!

drinkblink14.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Thanks!

Gratz on finishing it! I'm sure you did much better than you feel now.

When I took the GRE 10 years ago, I was 6 months preggers and all I remembered afterwards was thinking "sh!t, I have to pee again." Yet I scored fine. Not great, but enough to get into the grad school I wanted.

The fact that you don't think "oh, I so aced that" to me is a good sign!

Let us know when you get the results.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi