okspider

Fiance'Given X-rays at medical appt.

8 posts in this topic

My fiance was given his xrays at his medical appt. They are sealed and say do not open. But what do we need them for?

Visa Journey

04/20/2007 | I-129F Filed

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

04/25/2008 | AOS Filed/EAD Filed

09/11/2008 | Green Card Received *Sighs Relief*

03/15/2009| Happy 1 year wedding anniversary!

03/15/2010| Happy 2 years!

Removing Restrictions:

07/14/2010 | Biometrics for I-751

09/10/2010 | RFE

10/28/2010 | Interview in Cleveland *APPROVED*

Got Green Card. Done!

Married 6 years, March 15, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Some people are given their xrays to keep and some are not. The reason, I guess is to have them on hand as a baseline, if anything comes up in the future, they can compare the new xrays with the original ones.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Some people are given their xrays to keep and some are not. The reason, I guess is to have them on hand as a baseline, if anything comes up in the future, they can compare the new xrays with the original ones.

Meriem (F)

Thanks

Visa Journey

04/20/2007 | I-129F Filed

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

04/25/2008 | AOS Filed/EAD Filed

09/11/2008 | Green Card Received *Sighs Relief*

03/15/2009| Happy 1 year wedding anniversary!

03/15/2010| Happy 2 years!

Removing Restrictions:

07/14/2010 | Biometrics for I-751

09/10/2010 | RFE

10/28/2010 | Interview in Cleveland *APPROVED*

Got Green Card. Done!

Married 6 years, March 15, 2014

I've heard that in some instances you will be asked to bring it with you to present to the Immigrant Officer at POE.

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

I've heard that in some instances you will be asked to bring it with you to present to the Immigrant Officer at POE.

Yep!

The IO at the POE took my wife and daughters X rays. What the heck they did with them I don't have any idea.

Most POEs don't take them tho.

With the recent TB trip some people have used them to show the Civil Surgeon they were free of TB.

Most peeps frame them and put them on the wall in their garage after going thru the hassle of hand carrying them on the plane! :blink:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline
My fiance was given his xrays at his medical appt. They are sealed and say do not open. But what do we need them for?

They are required as evidence should there be anything wrong with the medical. Are you sure it's the actual x-rays which are sealed with the "do not open" message? If so, then the medical information is in that envelope and he must take it with him to the interview. He will then be asked to open the envelope and to hand the officer the documents inside.

iagree.gif

Normally you won't ever need them again but when I took Claudeth to the civil surgeon for the medical supplemental the doctor wanted to do another xray so we gave him the one from the medical and saved ourselves thirty five bucks.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I've also heard of some AOS cases which received RFEs for TB skin tests before they were approved for their green card. The x-ray was used to compare the results with the TB skin test.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.