okandwhat

October Complete, NO INTERVIEW!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

is there anyone other than myself with a case complete in october without an interview date. I see some people with december dates, even others with dates in january and as far as april. I have no date at all. has anyone had this problem? or are there others with october completes and no date yet?

Have you looked at the Immigration Timelines, they can be helpful

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Thats weird. Do they really take that long from your consulate to interview applicants? Perhaps, call NVC or DOS

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
is there anyone other than myself with a case complete in october without an interview date. I see some people with december dates, even others with dates in january and as far as april. I have no date at all. has anyone had this problem? or are there others with october completes and no date yet?

Hi there, we are from oct. Nvc completed. Did you listen to the automated system? ours states we have to wait up to 8 weeks and then call them, no mention of that then they should do something about an interview or other stuff...so we wait to call (or before ) the 5th of dec...Montreal had a backlog (some were waiting their interview since april) then before for the I-130 at Vt, we catched another backlog (8months of waiting)...Luckily other places are not so long but we really were not lucky...still it's moving, we are at our last step...fhew!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My case was completed in June 07 and we dont' have an interview yet but mine is going to be scheduled in Nigeria which I think is the slowest out there. The whole proces for us is 13 months old now and waiting. So your case is going fast compared to mine..... Keep your head up it will come real soon... God Bless

glitter_maker_12_29_2007_19_54_14_86186.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Look at the Local Jamaica forum timelines, I think that might help out. Look at the Jamaica Consulate website again and see what Interviews are going on and ofcourse call the DOS.

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Timeline

My case was also completed in October but no interview date. When I spoke to DOS, he said it depends on the amount of cases they allow for each visa category. Because I noticed someone with a K1 get an interview for Dec who applied after me. The DOS rep said its probably because of the visa category. Sending out prayers that we all hear good news about interviews soon! (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Praying for a Jan interview!!!

I am sure that you will both have January interviews. From what I have seen with Kingston, if your case is completed mid-month, you will hear within the following month that an interview was scheduled. For those whose case is completed later in the month, you may not get an interview date until the month following the next month. There may be a cut off date. Case in point; my case was completed in mid-July while a friend of mine had her case completed 2 weeks before mine (end of June), we both were told in August that our interview dates were scheduled. By mid-December I am sure you will have good news to tell us all :thumbs:

Keep pestering them for your date once December rolls in. They start scheduling interviews the second week of every month, so keep on them.

FYI - a fellow VJ member who went through Kingston, Milan: her case was completed 9/12 and she was scheduled for a November interview in mid-October.

Edited by JA Tam

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Praying for a Jan interview!!!

I am sure that you will both have January interviews. From what I have seen with Kingston, if your case is completed mid-month, you will hear within the following month that an interview was scheduled. For those whose case is completed later in the month, you may not get an interview date until the month following the next month. There may be a cut off date. Case in point; my case was completed in mid-July while a friend of mine had her case completed 2 weeks before mine (end of June), we both were told in August that our interview dates were scheduled. By mid-December I am sure you will have good news to tell us all :thumbs:

Keep pestering them for your date once December rolls in. They start scheduling interviews the second week of every month, so keep on them.

FYI - a fellow VJ member who went through Kingston, Milan: her case was completed 9/12 and she was scheduled for a November interview in mid-October.

Thanks so much, I will stay hopeful!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.